Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 10:35 PM

32,070 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Cool, I like this a la carte approach. You pay for your own medicare, SS and other social services you are bleeding tax payers with. Perfect. I have millions in asset you can fend for yourself. I like this.
I'm not on medicare, nor will I ever be. Our insurance covers us through retirement and life span. Yeah, that's the union life, they take care of you. And we all pay into social security, so we are entitled to what we have paid. But I'm talking about the wall. You can pay for it but leave the rest of us out. How do you feel about that a al carte approach for you. Can you afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 10:41 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No it won't. Where there is a will there is a way. Besides, illegal immigration has already been reduced. I don't want our money going towards this when our country has more important issues. And the real problem is that Trump wants to reduce taxes, which favor the rich but that's for another thread. And we all know Mexico isn't going to pay like Trump said. So it falls on us. So where exactly would the money come from.
I almost read - where there is a wall, there is a way! LOL— but very true. Got pods Cat 1 coming up FL pandhandle thie weekend. A wall ? We will need houses, schools, work places, and infrastructure.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:43 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Nah business already does enough dirty work for the incompetent state. Just end all welfare and privatize the border. Billions saved without spending more billions on another failure.
The only thing standing in the way is the dems.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:44 PM

32,070 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I almost read - where there is a wall, there is a way LOL but very true. Got pods Cat 1 coming up FL pandhandle thie weekend. A wall ? We will need house schools work places and infrastructure.
LOL and yes I agree with you

Old 10-04-2017, 10:44 PM

13,274 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Walls will do nothing to stop a motivated person from crossing. All we need is to close the loop hole someone who is born on American soil is automatically an american, and level a fine of 40% annual gross revenue against any company who hires, or sub-contracts a person who has not had their identity verified though E-verify. You won't need a wall most will go back when they can't find work, and their kids will no longer be born American. Those 2 things is all we need to fix the problem we have with illegal immigration. What will that cost American tax payers $0

Old 10-05-2017, 02:39 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

A third of undocumented immigrants 15 and older lives with at least one child who is a United States citizen by birth. Slightly more than 30 percent own homes. Only a tiny fraction has been convicted of felonies or serious misdemeanors."

A new wall is not going to change anything. It's a big waste of money. There are a lot better uses for that $10 billion.
They are illegal aliens, not "undocumented immigrants."

The actual waste of money is the billions of dollars that illegal aliens cost the United States every year.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:50 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
So much for the fiscal conservative republicans, and the republicans say Democrats are big spenders. Democrats wouldn't fund a stupid wall. They wouldn't have to worry about the illegals if they couldn't find work. Trouble is we want cheap labor.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:33 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,769,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
What a poorly written article. The committee doesn’t pass legislation. This still has to come to a vote.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:37 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,769,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Walls will do nothing to stop a motivated person from crossing. All we need is to close the loop hole someone who is born on American soil is automatically an american, and level a fine of 40% annual gross revenue against any company who hires, or sub-contracts a person who has not had their identity verified though E-verify. You won't need a wall most will go back when they can't find work, and their kids will no longer be born American. Those 2 things is all we need to fix the problem we have with illegal immigration. What will that cost American tax payers $0
Yeah, but you’re making sense and Trump’s lackeys only care about vociferous chest pounding and grandstanding.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:49 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Pregnant women and children are going to scale a wall with a rope?

I'm all for sending people hiring illegals to jail, but when cities refuse to even detain illegals for deportation, do you think they will crack down on employers?

Politicians and police can ignore laws, but it's hard to ignore a wall.

If we actually enforced our immigration laws, we would not need a wall. Our laws are NOT being enforced, hence the need for walls.
That sums it up.
The wall is not going to stop 100% of border crossings.
But it is going to make it much more difficult and costly for an illegal to get here.
If it cuts down 95% of the crossings -- it is money well spent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies