Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 12:58 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times

Advertisements

wait, so what should she do? I could see if he just gave it but that money is long gone.

Always think it's weird when folks circle back a year later and expect there to be a bag with the criminals name on it with his donation inside
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 01:00 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times
Has anyone and by that I mean ANY politician ever given any proof that they gave any money back for any reason ?
I don't think so.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:00 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Irrelevant ^^^^^.

I agree, along with people like me, who aren't Republicans, didn't vote for Trump, and haven't, sans provocation, spewed the venom that Hillary has in the past.

Why should they be 'the good people'? Really?

Because:

1. They vacate any claim to a moral high ground if they aren't.

2. Because they are adults, long past elementary school, and ceasing to be "the good people" re "Johnny isn't doing that" is childish and doesn't fly.

Those of us who didn't vote for either of them should keep up the criticism on both of the major 'sides' when appropriate.

Hillary deserves to have people harping on her about Weinstein, and if has to be done by non Trumpsters/non Republicans to combat Hillary apologists, so be it.

Everything isn't "Us vs. Them".
nah.. actually he/she is right. While folks can ask you damn sure better not be a Trump supporter asking why a politician isn't doing XYZ. You gave up that right when you voted for a scammer.

I agree with you too.. if you didn't vote for either of them then talk all you want.

also know you basically helped Trump get elected..lol

Old 10-16-2017, 01:02 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
LOL. This is exactly the kind of thing that Trump would do, and often did. Right-wingers are such hypocrites.

Bravo to the Clintons. Why should they be the good people when Trump gets a pass for doing so many despicable things?

This is the new normal. Deal with it. No more releasing tax returns. No more giving to charities. Grabbing P***y. Scamming on the innocents. Being a racist. Using the government to enrich yourself. Colluding with the Russians. Giving himself a big tax break.

THIS. IS. WHAT. YOU. RIGHT-WINGERS. ELECTED.

Don't come to me now and whine about what you guys created.
How would we know? Trump won't release his taxes.

Further, Trump was caught on multiple occasions of using donations to his "charity" for his own purposes.

Where is all the outrage against that from his supporters?

Old 10-16-2017, 01:05 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Hillary haters elected a man bragging about sexual assault and accused of sexual assault by 12 women.

They have ZERO of a moral ground to stand on.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Hilliary like we know her is now back tracking that she will give Weinstein money back as she now claims the money was spent.

How will Hollywood react to that statement!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...Weinstein.html

Unbelievable to hear this coming from a foundation that received hundreds of millions and much came from countries that treat women and gays horrible!
Who the F cares?

Did Trump give back Roger Ailes' money and free airtime?

Get back to us when he does. We'll talk.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:05 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yep.

I didn't even vote for Trump, and won't in 2020, and I still agree with you.

And he's posted that he's been living in Canada for around 40 years and decided not to come back when he retired re something along the lines of 'doesn't like what we've become' (IIRC, he was originally from the UK, but moved to Florida with his parents when he was a kid).

Go figure.
Go figure what?Not sure what you are trying to imply but this is a discussion forum and as our Canadian news media is swamped with trump and America 24/7 i believe i have every right to join in the conversation and as i'm a liberal and Americas right is tearing the country apart with its hate for liberals i believe my contribution to the conversations to be every bit as relevant as yours as Canada's well being is directly tied to Americas well being.. .

Old 10-16-2017, 02:33 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Harvey Weinstein’s movie and TV company got a lifeline on Monday.
Private equity firm Colony Capital, run by Thomas Barrack, said in a statement that it is negotiating with Weinstein Co., for a "potential sale of all or a significant portion,” of the company’s assets.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...candal-n811041

Old 10-16-2017, 03:24 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Wow, there must be a lot of really nervous Hollywood bigwigs at the moment.

I have no sympathy for Weinstein but the truth is he was doing what was par for the course in Hollywood for decades. Is anything more infamous than the "casting couch"?

He was playing the game so many have played over the years, and the goalposts suddenly moved while he was holding the ball.

I am actually surprised this hasn't busted out before now, but you have to tip your hat to the ladies who had the courage to pop the zit.

This will be messy, no doubt.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:30 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

Politicians have recently said they will donate Wienstein's donations to charities.

Guess what, The Clinton Foundation IS a charity. Do you expect The Clinton Foundation charity to donate the money to a different charity? Should all the Charities that just got the new Wienstein donations last week (from the politicians), decide to donate that money to a different charity too? Is this hot potato from charity to charity?
There's the problem right there.

Clinton Foundation: "Hey...we have to unload this $250K that Harvey Weinstein donated. Would you be interested in taking it off our hands?"

The Genuine Charity: "So you're offering to donate your horrific public relations problem to us? The one that will cost us millions to neutralize? While that's very kind of you, we believe we'll pass on your generous offer, thanks."

Hillary would be better off just coming out and saying that she spent part of Weinstein's donation on drugs, booze and hookers, and she just wasted the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies