Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 01:24 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,615 times

Advertisements

A pretty good NYT Op/Ed:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/11/o...evolution.html

At the heart of it...what, and who, can change the Republican party from the party of 'no' to the party of 'can-do'?

Is it even possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 01:30 PM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times
I think Bannon is onto something. Who's the wanker who wrote that article?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Prove it..and a hint...Trump saying so is not proof..in any sane universe.
Oh I see. You're that poster trolling other Trump threads.

As you were.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
A pretty good NYT Op/Ed:

At the heart of it...what, and who, can change the Republican party from the party of 'no' to the party of 'can-do'?

Is it even possible?
I'd like to see Bannon shake things up in the GOP and get a few way-too-comfortable fatcat Pubs sent home.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:13 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I think Bannon is onto something. Who's the wanker who wrote that article?

Oh I see. You're that poster trolling other Trump threads.

As you were.
LoL...well OK..I post in a lot of threads..and surprise..so do you..and your point is...?

Not sure I get the out of context post from some other thread....not a lot o context here I'm afraid

That I dislike Trump is hardly a secret....because I'm open about it..and prolific in my posting..defines me as a troll?

Might be a case of projection, perhaps?

I try to see all sides...but the fact..not fantasy..that Trump is a liar--remains unchanged, regardless of what you call me.

As YOU were. You're dismissed.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'd like to see Bannon shake things up in the GOP and get a few way-too-comfortable fatcat Pubs sent home.

The problem with that is he wants to stack the deck with a ton of old crazy men like Roy Moore.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Bananas are racist.

I can't go on.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:43 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
A pretty good NYT Op/Ed:

Is it even possible?

The answer to your question is Kid Rock.

He's within 8 points of Debbie Stabenow in early polls.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:55 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,407,651 times
IMHO, the point that is missing is that Bannon realizes that there is a large segment of the population feels that they, their parents, grandparents, great-gradparents made this country.

They fought in two wars, built the economic powerhouse that provided materiel for the wars, spilt blood in countries that had mistreated their ancestors, provided a framework of freedom for allies and the conquered. They saw the errors of their ways in denying black people the right to vote. They paid taxes to have great schools and colleges through the country, drilled oil in Alaska, built interstates, and essentially made America what it is.

But now they are told by ivory tower elites, who feel more in common with intellectuals in Europe, that they ought to let the financial elites sell their jobs to Asia, pay for people who snuck over the border and who refuse to assimilate, have . . . The list is endless.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:56 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The problem with that is he wants to stack the deck with a ton of old crazy men like Roy Moore.

Exactly!

Maybe that's what it'll take to wake up the voting public.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:51 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
IMHO, the point that is missing is that Bannon realizes that there is a large segment of the population feels that they, their parents, grandparents, great-gradparents made this country.

They fought in two wars, built the economic powerhouse that provided materiel for the wars, spilt blood in countries that had mistreated their ancestors, provided a framework of freedom for allies and the conquered. They saw the errors of their ways in denying black people the right to vote. They paid taxes to have great schools and colleges through the country, drilled oil in Alaska, built interstates, and essentially made America what it is.

But now they are told by ivory tower elites, who feel more in common with intellectuals in Europe, that they ought to let the financial elites sell their jobs to Asia, pay for people who snuck over the border and who refuse to assimilate, have . . . The list is endless.
You mean the financial elites like Trump who makes all his products in Asia and hires foreigner workers to work at his resort in Florida instead of hiring Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies