Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 12:05 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
No..they should be worrying about how to pay for their medical bills.
They are. That is one of the reasons that Hillary Clinton lost North Carolina. She said that she supported Obamacare.

i.e. She supported the very high rates of the single insurer in the state.

They voted for change. Trump is giving it to them.

The Trump haters are simply mad that he is keeping his promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 12:05 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
How can you be opposed to a law when you don't even know what it does?

I guess you'd have to believe everything your political party told you, uncritically, without questioning any of it.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:06 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
What is wrong with people having choices? I thought the Looney Leftists were 'pro-choice'.

A friend who owns a daycare center was thrilled with Trump's slashing regulations for small businesses and now this EO allowing her to join other daycare operators to get health insurance for their employees.

If Dems don't like it, then they can get together with Reps in the Senate and come up with something better, right?This is their big chance to shine!

Old 10-12-2017, 12:07 PM

993 posts, read 766,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Can't feel bad for red states, they got what they voted for.
My heart goes out to those older folks in red states with pre-existing conditions. I'm one of them except I live in a blue state...Maryland.

I have breast cancer and a brain injury due to a fall. I'm 59, can't work, my husband is on Medicare. Thank God for ACA health insurance.

It's a travesty that others will suffer for Trump's sabotage of the ACA. My husband worked in the insurance for 40 years. He worked in P&C, not benefits but he knew of companies that used the sell these association policies and by and large, they are junk. That's one of the reasons why the insurance commissioners in all 50 states are opposed to this EO.

Once again, Trump is scamming the people just to feed his ego.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:08 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
FACT

https://fitsmallbusiness.com/obamacare-vs-trumpcare/

Affordability Of Care
Elderly cannot be charged more than 3x a young person’s premium.
What is the limit on a young person's premium?

I thought so. There is NO LIMIT in states where there is only one insurer.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:09 PM

993 posts, read 766,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
What is wrong with people having choices? I thought the Looney Leftists were 'pro-choice'.

A friend who owns a daycare center was thrilled with Trump's slashing regulations for small businesses and now this EO allowing her to join other daycare operators to get health insurance for their employees.

If Dems don't like it, then they can get together with Reps in the Senate and come up with something better, right?This is their big chance to shine!
Make sure your friend reads that policy carefully. Buyer beware.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:10 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
FACT

https://fitsmallbusiness.com/obamacare-vs-trumpcare/

Affordability Of Care
Elderly cannot be charged more than 3x a young person’s premium.
waldo ignores facts, we have seen her do this many many times.

In Fact, it was the thousands of waldo type right wingers that allowed the left to teach the right how a universal system would work and how and why ACA is better than any GOP alternatives.

without the waldo type posters we would not have been able to get our message so widely spread that now only 16% of voters support repealing ACA...

so thanks again to all the Waldos out there. and i am not kidding, not being sarcastic. It was those posters on dozens of sites and services that provided the foil required.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:10 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times
Quote:
How can you be opposed to a law when you don't even know what it does?

I guess you'd have to believe everything your political party told you, uncritically, without questioning any of it.
Obamacare..."We have to pass the bill to see what's in there"

Old 10-12-2017, 12:11 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
They were rising faster prior to the ACA

Lie....

Old 10-12-2017, 12:12 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

what reg getting axed was it that delighted your friend? Because whenever i hear a story of a business person "thrilled" regs are slashed, nobody can tell me the exact reg that made them happy.

until you explain it, it is fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies