Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2017, 11:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Going into combat, fighting courageously, and then having the tenacity to make it unbroken through years of torture does make one a hero in my book.

Let's hear what you did that rises to a loftier goal of heroism.
There are millions of americans who go into battle and fight, the left hates them though because they hate the military, until off course its to start stupid posts..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 11:12 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There are millions of americans who go into battle and fight, the left hates them though because they hate the military, until off course its to start stupid posts..
What a stupid lie.

Trump denigrates combat veterans when he himself didn't have the balls to go. That makes him a coward, and that makes anyone who supports him and claims to support the military a hypocrite. Chew on that.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:15 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Quote:
What are you on? A good portion of the military is comprised of the left. And this leftist has no issue with the military. I've got massive issues with gilded asses that send good men and women into harm's away based on lies.

Quote:
What a stupid lie. .
No its not..
Quote:
Trump denigrates combat veterans when he himself didn't have the balls to go. That makes him a coward, and that makes anyone who supports him and claims to support the military a hypocrite. Chew on that.
Neither Clinton,, nor Obama went..

Does this make you a hypocrite?

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
People go into the military because they want to protect our country. You make it about politics but they don't. Can't we just stop dems vs republicans.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:16 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Going into combat, fighting courageously, and then having the tenacity to make it unbroken through years of torture does make one a hero in my book.

Let's hear what you did that rises to a loftier goal of heroism.
Come on, now. It's widely understood that he did break under torture. If he did break under torture, I can accept the possibility that the torture was such that I might have broken under LESS torture. How the hell would I know? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that. But surviving torture doesn't make you a hero unless you actually do something good with your survival. And McCain has spent years trying to destroy America.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:18 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
. And McCain has spent years trying to destroy America.
How specifically?

Old 10-22-2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
People go into the military because they want to protect our country. You make it about politics but they don't. Can't we just stop dems vs republicans.
I'm not the one who started the thread..

The left wants to defund the military any time they can, whine and cry everytime there is a proposed increase because people on welfare, deserve that money..

Old 10-22-2017, 11:22 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
No its not..
You must have gotten your degree in lying at Trump University. Still a LIE.

Quote:
Neither Clinton,, nor Obama went..

Does this make you a hypocrite?
No. It makes you someone who doesn't get the point. Let me break it down for you:

First of all, neither of those two was ever drafted and got doctors to give them five deferments. Second of all, neither of them ridiculed the service of those who did go. TRUMP DID.

The hypocrite would be the one claiming to support the military while supporting someone who not only dodged the draft but who took cheap shots at someone who went and sacrificed. Also suggests questionable judgment and moral character.

Let's see you twist yourself into a pretzel on this one. Good luck. Should be fun.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:23 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Come on, now. It's widely understood that he did break under torture. If he did break under torture, I can accept the possibility that the torture was such that I might have broken under LESS torture. How the hell would I know? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that. But surviving torture doesn't make you a hero unless you actually do something good with your survival. And McCain has spent years trying to destroy America.
McCain is a war hero. And yes, surviving torture and coming back alive makes you a hero. I don't understand how anyone can judge what he went through unless you went though the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies