Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 12:35 PM

15,948 posts, read 12,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wouldn't have hugged that Nazi. I don't ask why a Neo-Nazi hates me. It's just the way a Neo-Nazi is. They hate anyone that isn't White, and that is what it is. It is in their ideology. Hate is what they know.
Hating the hater is only one step up from being a hater. Better to lead by example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 12:39 PM

30,321 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well - it might be in part that they "screamed, punched and spat on him" before the hug took place.

Maybe more of the crowd should have done what the one guy did.
This is the part that msm doesn't want to focus on.

Having said that, I like the tactic the guy used. No violence, not screaming at him, not trying to shut him up...he asked a legit question and tried to use a positive gesture, instead. That's how you get communication going, and despite someone else punching him in the mouth, I'll bet he remembers that guy hugging him more than the face punch. I'll bet that hug was more powerful, too.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:40 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,235,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wouldn't have hugged that Nazi. I don't ask why a Neo-Nazi hates me. It's just the way a Neo-Nazi is. They hate anyone that isn't White, and that is what it is. It is in their ideology. Hate is what they know.
Agreed.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:42 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,235,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Hating the hater is only one step up from being a hater. Better to lead by example.
Why is the onus on the "hated" to lead by example?

Old 10-20-2017, 12:46 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,461,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Honestly, I would. I think too often we forget that we are all one race of humans and if this guy was standing by himself and was being attacked like he was, I would have told the crowd to stop and tried to positively engage him.

I do think that most people do want to do good and be good and that often racists are just ignorant or hurting in some way due to past slights or trying to fit in somewhere. Kindness can be much stronger than disdain or violence to make an impact on someones life.
This I agree with 100%

Old 10-20-2017, 12:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,402,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is the part that msm doesn't want to focus on.

Having said that, I like the tactic the guy used. No violence, not screaming at him, not trying to shut him up...he asked a legit question and tried to use a positive gesture, instead. That's how you get communication going, and despite someone else punching him in the mouth, I'll bet he remembers that guy hugging him more than the face punch. I'll bet that hug was more powerful, too.
That black dude gave his name in the article. Which is scary.

Seriously, the SJWs aren't going to like that he didn't punch or stab the Nazi. He'll probably get death threats from the SJWs.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:50 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,636,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That black dude gave his name in the article. Which is scary.

Seriously, the SJWs aren't going to like that he didn't punch or stab the Nazi. He'll probably get death threats from the SJWs.
or doxxed, at minimum.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:51 PM

13,666 posts, read 20,804,778 times
A brave man. He seems to be employing the tactic that Daryl Davis uses.

How One Man Convinced 200 Ku Klux Klan Members To Give Up Their Robes : NPR

Old 10-20-2017, 01:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,258,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well - it might be in part that they "screamed, punched and spat on him" before the hug took place.

Maybe more of the crowd should have done what the one guy did.
You actually expect people to be sympathetic towards Nazis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
The black lives matter types fall into the same trap the white supremicists do... One should judge on character, not skin color. I dislike the left because they dont honestly acknowledge there are plenty of black, Mexican, and Asian racists. They always focus on the white racism.

If anything they encourage division with the victim card they play.
So a black dude hugs a Nazi, and the first thing that comes to YOUR mind is how many Blacks are racist, huh?

Lemme guess; Right wing Republican?

Old 10-20-2017, 01:23 PM

15,545 posts, read 10,533,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well, okay. I'd rather a Nazi hate me though, but to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies