Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 08:20 AM

10,507 posts, read 4,066,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I want to see a young anthem singer preferably black challenge the kneeling players to stand.
Imagine that she takes the mike starts to sing and she stops and asks them why they are kneeling. I wonder what these grown men would do if a little girl asked them to stand?
Oh no, that won't happen.

White privilege. I started to realize one evening while stuck in traffic that it consists more than just my ability to be able to drive into a wealthy neighborhood and nothing happening to me. As a white woman, I can listen to a broad range of music, anywhere I want, and no one would care. I can go into any kind of club or party, and I will be welcomed 100%. (Examples, I have been invited to all Jamaican and Haitian parties, to a club that is meant for Columbian's only, and frequent bars that serve bikers, country, hip-pop and Hispanic.

But, I have more than often seen if a Cuban or Guatemalan tried to go into the Columbian club, they would be chased out. If an African American tried to get into the Jamaican clubs, they are chased out, or if a Kenyan goes to a hip-pop club, he would be beat up. If a black man is washing his car and has a classic rock song playing in the house, the next day he will have coon or uncle tom spray painted on his car......

Basically all I am saying is, when it comes to non-whites, especially the Black community, when there is a black person who doesn't conform to the stereotypes, he/she is often outed of their own communities. Like the little 8 year old black boy who was thrown out of his house by his mother because he voted for Trump in a mock election at school........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 08:21 AM

736 posts, read 354,327 times
You can always watch European soccer or NHL. You won't won't see any of this nonsense.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:37 AM

736 posts, read 354,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post

White privilege. I started to realize one evening while stuck in traffic that it consists more than just my ability to be able to drive into a wealthy neighborhood and nothing happening to me. As a white woman, I can listen to a broad range of music, anywhere I want, and no one would care. I can go into any kind of club or party, and I will be welcomed 100%. (Examples, I have been invited to all Jamaican and Haitian parties, to a club that is meant for Columbian's only, and frequent bars that serve bikers, country, hip-pop and Hispanic.

But, I have more than often seen if a Cuban or Guatemalan tried to go into the Columbian club, they would be chased out. If an African American tried to get into the Jamaican clubs, they are chased out, or if a Kenyan goes to a hip-pop club, he would be beat up. If a black man is washing his car and has a classic rock song playing in the house, the next day he will have coon or uncle tom spray painted on his car......

Basically all I am saying is, when it comes to non-whites, especially the Black community, when there is a black person who doesn't conform to the stereotypes, he/she is often outed of their own communities. Like the little 8 year old black boy who was thrown out of his house by his mother because he voted for Trump in a mock election at school........
I don't think you understand. Colombians and Guatemalans don't like each other. Mexican's don't like central Americans in much the same way certain Americans don't like Mexicans. It isn't about racism, but about central Americans crossing the boarder and competing with Mexicans for jobs and resources. A comparison is like Eastern European crossing into Western Europe, into Germany or France.

Latin people generally don't like black people. A African American will not be welcome in a Jamaican club or a Latin club. However, if the black person is of Latin or Jamaican descent, then there is no problem. I once knew a black Latin who worked at a convention center with many other Mexicans. The guy spoke perfect Spanish and was always welcome by the other Latinos. If you saw this black Latino, you have though he was African American. These black Hispanic don't want to be associated with African Americans. In fact, calling a black Hispanic African American is a big insult.

Generally, Hispanics have a negative opinion of African Americans. You hear this all time in South Cal in Spanish. Calling African Americans lazy, useless, thieves, ect. Naturally, this stereo type sinks into their children. You don't see that stereo type with whites, which is why Latino clubs are more welcoming to whites than African Americans.

Last edited by NekoLogic; 10-21-2017 at 08:48 AM..

Old 10-21-2017, 08:43 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Memo to Ms. Skye: HILLARY STILL LOST
Hey, improvement. it actually took 17 posts to introduce Hillary to the thread!

Old 10-21-2017, 08:46 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,272,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
More blacks are killing other blacks than the police.
Police shouldn't be killing anyone.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:35 AM

24,539 posts, read 17,284,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You don't know why they are kneeling?

Houston....we have a problem !

I know why but there are many people who still see it as a protest against our country, military and the nation as a whole that has given them everything.

They have the right to kneel but their message is mixed.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:37 AM

24,539 posts, read 17,284,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post

This is a very interesting post because it reflects something that I have personally witnessed that the Black community is far more racist against themselves then white people are toward black people.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:40 AM

15,542 posts, read 10,527,165 times
"Singer Justine Skye takes a knee while performing national anthem at Brooklyn Nets home opener "

never heard of her

Old 10-21-2017, 09:47 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,927,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Where do they come up with blacks are treated unjustly?
Quote:
Ferguson’s law enforcement practices are shaped by the City’s focus on revenue rather
than by public safety needs. This emphasis on revenue has compromised the institutional
character of Ferguson’s police department, contributing to a pattern of unconstitutional policing,
and has also shaped its municipal court, leading to procedures that raise due process concerns
and inflict unnecessary harm on members of the Ferguson community. Further, Ferguson’s
police and municipal court practices both reflect and exacerbate existing racial bias, including
racial stereotypes. Ferguson’s own data establish clear racial disparities that adversely impact
African Americans. The evidence shows that discriminatory intent is part of the reason for these
disparities
. Over time, Ferguson’s police and municipal court practices have sown deep mistrust
between parts of the community and the police department, undermining law enforcement
legitimacy among African Americans in particular.
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...ent_report.pdf
Quote:
Today, we announce the outcome of the Department of Justice’s investigation of the
Baltimore City Police Department (BPD).1 After engaging in a thorough investigation, initiated at
the request of the City of Baltimore and BPD, the Department of Justice concludes that there is
reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of conduct that violates the
Constitution or federal law. BPD engages in a pattern or practice of:
(1) making unconstitutional stops, searches, and arrests;
(2) using enforcement strategies that produce severe and unjustified disparities in the rates of
stops, searches and arrests of African Americans
https://www.justice.gov/crt/file/883296/download

*emphasis mine

Old 10-21-2017, 09:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
We used to sing "Dixie", and "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" in school when I was a kid, and that was "up North". Nobody was offended, and we had fun.
Yeah? When the band played Dixie down south - a whole lotta people got offended. And it wasn't that fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Memo to Ms. Skye: HILLARY STILL LOST
Oh my gosh! This changes EVERYTHING
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies