Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 05:21 AM

17,010 posts, read 12,605,196 times

Advertisements

Amazing article. It also mentions in Europe. Was with in Laws in Sept. MIL is off the boat from German in 1950s and they still have cousins in Germany, one of whom was with us. I asked him the opinion on how many Germans were for all this immigration.

About 30% are for it. About 40% (a bigger number for emphasis) are against it and 30% ambivalent to against it but not enough to do anything. Every time there is an incident the ambivalent vote shrinks a bit and the anti immigration gain. Interestingly the anti could be easily turned but for two things which stick under Germans skin.
1) Labor in Germany is very different in the US and it is difficult to get immigrants working even if they wanted to.
2) The bigger is that the immigrants show little interest in "Being German" and that one really annoys them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 05:29 AM

46,317 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Here is another pretty good article....look at the numbers in the table if you don't like the article....then decide....

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...r-chief-or-not

Here are the notes at the bottom of the table, to know they are not just written for this article:

Quote:
Notes: Beginning in fiscal year (FY) 2008, apprehensions include administrative arrests conducted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations.
Sources: Fiscal year (FY) 2003-15 data from Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Yearbook of Immigration Statistics (Washington, DC: DHS Office of Immigration Statistics, 2015), available online; FY 2016 data from DHS, “DHS Releases End of Year Fiscal Year 2016 Statistics” (press release, December 30, 2016), available online.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:41 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,758,145 times
From the article:
Quote:
Even someone as leftist as Corbyn chose to be a pragmatist, trying to gain power, rather than a purist who might otherwise condemn his own voters as deplorable. And this is one reason why I have dwindling hopes that the Democratic Party will be able to defeat Trump in 2020. Instead of adjusting to this new reality, and listening to the electorate, the Dems have moved ever farther to the left, and are controlled by ever-radicalizing activists.
The problem here for the left is that they believe their own bull**** so much that it blinds them to reality. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to or read something that a leftist has said and thought to myself "they can't be serious here" just to find out that yes, yes they are serious. I guess they think their intense all consuming anger and hatred justifies their extremism. I think their rhetoric intimidates enough people that they can still pull off a victory if the circumstances are right, however.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:46 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,861,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
New York magazine is a liberal rag but when Steve Bannon gave his speech in Orange County the other day, he recommended this article, saying writer Andrew Sullivan got it right. You Dems should also read the comments afterward to see what your 'friends' are thinking.

But, but, but..........isn't it all FAKE NEWS ? This is all very confusing, not knowing what to believe and what not to believe !

Old 10-23-2017, 05:53 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,100,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
But, but, but..........isn't it all FAKE NEWS ? This is all very confusing, not knowing what to believe and what not to believe !
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and a while.

This one found the golden nugget.....

Maybe you should read it and then comment on why you think it's wrong instead of posting useless knee jerk rhetoric...

Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies