Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
He's very coherent compared to Obama and Hillary. The thought of a Hillary presidency was *very* concerning and thank God it will never happen.
If you consider trump as coherent, it says more about you than him.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 07:35 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Heck, yes, Trump's incoherence troubles me!

It would not if he was the guy down the street, or even the mayor.

But he's not either one of those guys. He's the most powerful man in the world, and his incoherence is not malign.

It is malicious, vengeful, and arbitrary. And childish in its petulance.

The President of the United States of America should be clear in his public speech and in his written words. The nation depends on that clarity, as does the world. His incoherence is causing us all unnecessary alarm, dismay, fear, anger and resentment daily, and everyone in and outside of our government must try to second-guess what he says constantly.

Worst of all, he offends us. He's offensive to everyone, friend and foe alike. He insults people he doesn't even know, and it makes no difference who they are, how important or not they are, or where they are.

The man is an insult to our national dignity and our sense of decency and fair play. He's just like a surly adolescent. At 71 years old. Who knows any 71 year-old man who acts so childishly? I don't know anyone like him. I think very few of us have ever known someone like him.

We Americans can second-guess him better than the rulers of other countries, who don't understand our culture, or language, or our ways of speech. If he causes us alarm, he causes them greater alarm. And when one of our enemies is alarmed, we should worry legitimately.

If Trump was nothing but a common-man loudmouth out on the street, he would be no big deal. Even as a real estate billionaire, his mouth would still be no big deal. His insults would earn him a punch in the mouth, and that would be that.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:59 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Absolutely! Protest voters carry some of the burden for this mess.
Protest voters? As in either vote for a major party candidate or its a wrong vote? Some can argue that voting for either Trump or Hillary was a vote for corruption, elitists and self serving entitlement minded people.
No a wrong vote is voting party line simply because of party or voting for someone that you know is wrong but you feel is less wrong than the other candidate. That only serves the needs of the 2 major parties.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:05 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Trump's speech has been rated by linguists as being at the 4th grade level. So if you think he's more coherent than his predecessor, there's a reason for that.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:17 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
trump's speech has been rated by linguists as being at the 4th grade level. So if you think he's more coherent than his predecessor, there's a reason for that.
Very appropriate.

Last edited by Old Gringo; 10-23-2017 at 08:34 PM..

Old 10-23-2017, 08:21 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Or you don't care just so long Hillary isn't the president?

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/pol...omo-transcript
It's not really "incoherence" to me, but I'm lucky - I worked with and for New Yorkers for years.
In fact, I've worked with many groups from around the USA and had no trouble understanding any of them.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:22 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I don think he is incoherent, he just talks off the cuff a lot and get's people talking.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:30 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Today at work, I walked past a cashier, who happens to dislike Trump as much as I do, and I said to her "Did you see where that Dumba$$ Trump didn't join the other Presidents for that fund raiser ? A customer who was shopping nearby said " Do you like Donald Trump?", and I said "No, I despise him." He smiled and said, " I am from Canada, and I wasn't sure if you liked him or not, so I was reluctant to say anything, but Trump is a total fool ! He can't even speak properly, and uses only very small words."

He went on to say that most Canadians can not believe we actually elected this man, and that he has turned the entire world against us. Yep, I can't argue with that one.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:31 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Bigly

Old 10-23-2017, 08:34 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's not really "incoherence" to me, but I'm lucky - I worked with and for New Yorkers for years.
In fact, I've worked with many groups from around the USA and had no trouble understanding any of them.
Well isn't that impressive. You must have a special gift that nobody else has.

For me,. Trump isn't necessarily incoherent -- just it is obvious he's not a reader. His vocabulary is beyond basic, limited and he lacks any ability to communicate in an intelligent or compassionate or meaningful manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies