Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Swing states decided this election. So yes - the greater evil definitely won and third party voters were contributors.

No looking back now though as a conservative justices are appointed, etc - we can only hope to lessen the damage as much as possible.
Wisconsin nor Michigan were ever considered swing states before this election. There was no way Hillary could lose Pennsylvania according to the vast majority of people.

The "lesser evil" is still evil. Quit running evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 10:00 AM

130,555 posts, read 12,148,053 times
He has the vocabulary of a 5 year old, it is amazing, it is good or it is bad. That unnerves me.

Plus some of his supporters only seem to understand childish vocabulary & are not able to express in an adult fashion. I am talking about the people I meet when out & about, not people here at CD

Last edited by evening sun; 10-24-2017 at 10:23 AM..

Old 10-24-2017, 10:26 AM

13,231 posts, read 21,847,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Lol! Exactly. However, I doubt if any liberal will answer your question in a forthright manner, because.......they don't have a clue. Therefore they make excuses for Obama, who taught them well with the .....aahhh, well-a, hmmmmm....method of explaining what went wrong.
That's what Obama does when he's thinking. Of course Trump doesn't do that.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:33 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
i dont know i think a lot of people know Trump means it.

trump showed us he does not trust a judge because he may have some mexican blood... and he is trying to get his wall built, so we know Trump really does want to build a big wall.

Trump condemned Muslims repeatedly during his campaign and is now creating ban after ban to try to block any Muslims from moving here...

I think Trump has shown us his ugliness is real and not just rhetoric.

Nah, he's not trying to block those Muslims he does business with, you won't see Saudi Arabia, Dubai, etc. on any 'ban' list.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:33 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,554,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Or you don't care just so long Hillary isn't the president?

You hit the nail on the head they don't care he can do nothing wrong in their little Trump filled minds.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:30 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,995,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Don't lump us all into the same bucket as you bc you fell for a nonsense smear campaign. This lesser of two evils story is something that only Americans managed to latch on to. The rest of the world saw it as pretty clear option between someone supremely qualified and someone completely unqualified.
Are you somehow of the opinion that I support Trump? If so, let me clear that up for you. No.

As to the smear campaign, if you think I fell for the BS the Trump campaign put out about Hillary, that’s also wrong. I agree she was vastly more qualified than Trump, but she was still a bad candidate simply due to her vast unpopularity, justified or not.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:33 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,995,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
That is only true for swing states IMO. Voting third party in places like New York or Mississippi was not going to hurt anything.
There’s certainly some validity to this statement, but it’s Hindsight. Prior to the actual vote, there’s really no way to be certain of the outcome. This election certainly proved that.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:34 AM

9,730 posts, read 14,281,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Must have missed my post a ways back.
So now that the evidence is clearer, where are those sanctions Congress ordered and the POTUS signed?
No, I perused it. As I said....
However, I doubt if any liberal will answer your question in a forthright manner, because.......they don't have a clue.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:59 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Clinton's vast unpopularity was the result of decades of R smear campaigns with Putin's team joining them for the final push. Even with that, she was still more popular than Trump.

But water under the bridge. Forward ever.

Trump is POTUS and it is obvious to anyone with two working neurons that he's not fit for the job. Makes no difference whether or not Clinton would have been better or not, Trump is terrible.

There is no performance metric from policy wonk to consoler-in-chief that he is even adequate on.

For a businessman who claims he hires the best people, he can't seem to hire anyone at all who isn't either a Russian agent or incompetent. Sometimes both. Staff members come and go on six inch centers. His Secretary of State says he's a moron. His Chief of Staff lies in public.

I miss the blunt-spoken but charming Scaramucci. Hope he swings through one more time before it all comes apart at the seams.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:02 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
No, I perused it. As I said....
However, I doubt if any liberal will answer your question in a forthright manner, because.......they don't have a clue.
Sorry you don't like the answer.

It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies