Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 08:16 AM

20,213 posts, read 9,121,446 times

Advertisements

why didn't Obama stop the Russians interference? he knew about it for over a year before the election
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 08:24 AM

51,678 posts, read 25,934,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
why didn't Obama stop the Russians interference? he knew about it for over a year before the election
Good question.

Could be that the evidence was not yet conclusive and Obama was allowing the investigators to do their work.

Could be that McConnell's insistence that he would accuse Obama of trying to tip the election might be part of it.

Could be that that since the IC didn't know all what went on, they didn't know how to stop it.

Now that the picture is getting increasingly clear, why isn't Trump enforcing the sanctions that Congress passed. Deadline for reporting back to Congress on the matter was Oct. 1st. So far, nothing.

That's the question of the moment.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:28 AM

20,213 posts, read 9,121,446 times
excuses, excuses ......our democracy being effected by the Russians and nothing done

Old 10-24-2017, 08:29 AM

37,962 posts, read 17,932,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
If you've been paying attention the last nine months, we all lost.
Why, which policy was bad?

Old 10-24-2017, 08:32 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,340,224 times
Quote:
when a novice politician can beat a politician with 30 years of political experience you know the country wanted change and you know the novice was much smarter than their opponent
Nope. All you know is that a novice (I think calling him a politician is very generous, since he knows nothing about governing) won an election.

You don't know that the country wanted change. You just know the people who voted for him (who were less than half the voters who voted) wanted whatever he was promising.

You also don't know he's smart. He's demonstrated the exact opposite for over a year now.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,593,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
That is only true for swing states IMO. Voting third party in places like New York or Mississippi was not going to hurt anything.
Swing states decided this election. So yes - the greater evil definitely won and third party voters were contributors.

No looking back now though as a conservative justices are appointed, etc - we can only hope to lessen the damage as much as possible.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:49 AM

13,258 posts, read 21,883,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Does hillary's incoherence disturb you?

[SIZE=+0]“My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have overlooked the bigger picture and we didn’t do that and I’m proud of that. Very proud. I would say that’s a major accomplishment.”[/SIZE]

Hillary Clinton 11-March-2014

[SIZE=+0][/SIZE]

Could someone please tell me what she just said? And that’s the best she could come up with!

OK, explain what she said.
She never said that. Lies and deflection, it's all your party has got.

https://www.snopes.com/politics/clin...hievements.asp

Oh, and any attempts to discredit Snopes on this will be mocked and ignored unless you include to whom this remark was allegedly made, where and when and in what context.

Last edited by kdog; 10-24-2017 at 08:57 AM..

Old 10-24-2017, 08:56 AM

1,548 posts, read 916,308 times
Typical Lib cheap shot.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:04 AM

9,746 posts, read 14,309,227 times
Quote:
Lol! Exactly. However, I doubt if any liberal will answer your question in a forthright manner, because.......they don't have a clue. Therefore they make excuses for Obama, who taught them well with the .....aahhh, well-a, hmmmmm....method of explaining what went wrong.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:12 AM

51,678 posts, read 25,934,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Lol! Exactly. However, I doubt if any liberal will answer your question in a forthright manner, because.......they don't have a clue. Therefore they make excuses for Obama, who taught them well with the .....aahhh, well-a, hmmmmm....method of explaining what went wrong.
Must have missed my post a ways back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Good question.

Could be that the evidence was not yet conclusive and Obama was allowing the investigators to do their work.

Could be that McConnell's insistence that he would accuse Obama of trying to tip the election might be part of it.

Could be that that since the IC didn't know all what went on, they didn't know how to stop it.

Now that the picture is getting increasingly clear, why isn't Trump enforcing the sanctions that Congress passed. Deadline for reporting back to Congress on the matter was Oct. 1st. So far, nothing.

That's the question of the moment.
So now that the evidence is clearer, where are those sanctions Congress ordered and the POTUS signed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies