Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 02:21 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times

Advertisements

Flake ran as a Tea Party candidate and once he was in office he completely stabbed his voters in the back. Opposition to him is very strong in Arizona right now because he's a flaming hypocrite.

He isn't retiring for any noble cause. He's retiring because he knows he'll get whipped in the next election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 02:24 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We Zonies gotta be pretty proud of our Arizona senators who are leading the charge in speaking out against the disgrace that is our president. Two of the three voices of courage are from Arizona. I think the ranks will grow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I'm just happy that AZ is one of those states who is not either crazy left or crazy right. We are politically pretty moderate. Which makes me happy even though I lean left.
I commend your state. I need more Senators and House Reps to come out now. This is just the beginning.

I am just waiting for GHOSTRIDER AZ to come in here and completely say the opposite of you two and then call you snowflakes or something like that.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:27 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
It was an excellent speech. And he acknowledged that he's been complicit.

Will probably re-watch later. Highly recommended. At the end of the day if you have a conscience you have to be able to live with yourself. The question is who else in the GOP has a conscience ?
this kind of conscience?

On April 17, 2013, Flake joined 45 other senators in voting against the Manchin-Toomey Amendment, which would have required background checks on all commercial gun sales. Following the vote, Flake was criticized for changing his position on background checks.

Just days before the vote, he had sent the mother of one of the Colorado theater shooting victims a hand-written letter stating that "strengthening background checks is something we agree on."[54] In response to a question asking whether he was worried about potential political consequences vowed by gun-control groups, Flake replied, "That's the beauty of a 6-year term.

I truly want to do something on this, but what has been a little upsetting is to hear people try to maintain that we were just caving to pressure, discounting any issues that we had with the legislation, with the language. That's just not right."[55][56] Following his no vote, Flake's approval rating fell from 45–43% to 32–51% according to one poll, making him the most unpopular senator in America as of April 2013.[57]

Old 10-24-2017, 02:27 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Quite the opposite. Putting in populists means even many Dems and Indies will cross over. For some odd reason, Dems think Reps will stay home when incumbents resign. Conservative radio and news sites are celebrating!
I doubt that. They will nominate a wacky right winger who'll have almost no chance if history is any guide. The Dems will welcome the nutty candidate the GOP will put up.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:28 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
I know Kelli and her husband personally and professionally as a fellow local docs. I don't like her. We had an important medical meeting and vote once and the result would have affect her husband who worked our ER. When she realized that we were exactly at the required quorum number of docs, she disappeared and the vote never happened. She is a Tea Party conservative that our locals would enjoy. But I can't imagine her being on the national stage.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:31 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
I'll bet they have something on him and forced him out or he'd be exposed. Corker likely the same.
Uh huh. LOL>

Old 10-24-2017, 02:32 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
snow flake?
No. Jeff Flake.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:34 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
good riddance to jeff FAKE. he ran on replacing obamacare, among other things, but hasnt really done anything while in officce except tale marching orders from mccain.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:34 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Fantastic news!
I don't really think his conceited nonsense matters but his stepping down sure helps the country. Its a good day.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:36 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I'm just happy that AZ is one of those states who is not either crazy left or crazy right. We are politically pretty moderate. Which makes me happy even though I lean left.
Well then, I hope that folks like Arpaio, that guy who put up SB1070, Pearce, are going to be just footnotes in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies