Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 09:48 AM

28,969 posts, read 30,320,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Trump is firing and re-hiring people in his own cabinet.

Your third paragraph is gobbledy-****. In January (the last 10 days of January, when Trump was just-inagurated) Trump drafted a new order which would give James Mattis....what??? by overhauling military spending. What amendment??

I have nothing but respect for Mattis, and I think he's doing well, but as of today, I don't think the US nuclear arsenal has been modernized, I'm pretty sure missile defense has been on ongoing project, and what new Special operations have been added?
No it hasn't but the fact that he is doing something about that is an accomplishment, and has not yet, been denied....even if it is denied, he (Mattis) will continue to try and complete our Military strength as best he can.

also, they would like to add between 3 to 5,000 new troops to Afghanistan, which should be done, we need a large presence in the Middle East to ward off terrorist cells.

Trump also signed the “Buy American and Hire American” Executive Order, prioritizing the interests of American businesses and workers.
It promotes American Industry and protects us from unfair competition by targeting the use of unfair waivers and exceptions to laws on the books! This also calls for the reform of our visa programs which hires foreign workers, taking jobs away from American workers.

Lets face it, American Greed is alive and well...and is affecting so many of us....so much so, that I wouldn't be at all surprised, if Unions soon regained their strength to protect American workers.

So so many corporations are hiring less and less people to do the jobs of 2 and 3 people. Greed is hurting the American worker, something has to change.

Oh and one thing proves this positive change is the fact that the Dow Jones has been higher in America than every before, and that really upsets the Media...so, they are trying very hard, to pull him down.

And from the looks of it, are doing a great job of it for themselves, only to show the American public how unfair and biased they are. And I watched them do the same thing with Bush, and other Republicans before him.

Oh, and I'm a conservative, but also have voted for Dems in the past...so....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 10-25-2017 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 10:27 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,289,679 times
Good fruit doesn't come from a rotten tree and Trump is a rotten tree. According to most.

A man with a long history of con-artistry, sociopathy and narcissism isn't going to do what is in the best interest of this country and its majority, but what is in the best interest of himself and his warped mindset.

If you find that aggregate appealing, by all means, you should get to keep him. BUT, locked in a secure room of your home away from the rest of us with no escape and no outside means of communication so he can't do damage to the largest part of the country; to all the sane non-Trumpers who have the real picture of who he is and what is going on. Trumpers should be able to enjoy him and their delusions without inflicting him on the greater majority. JUST KEEP HIM AWAY FROM THE REST OF US!

Each prominent person who firmly, clearly and strongly speaks against his malfeasance is, to that extent, aces by me. Go McCain, go Corker, go Flake! Let's see when other high profile people will courageously step up. Those locked into career survival mode in DC are unlikely to do so. But, even Tillerson, one of Trump's key support staff, called him a "moron". Loud and clear folks from one who knows and works with him. Loud and clear.

When Trump leaves, whenever and however he goes, there will be much celebration in this country and a sigh of relief from our trusted allies and former allies around the world. (I know Trumpers think those other countries don't count, but when the rubber meets the road, they will.) The day cannot come soon enough for that dancing in the street. The man is a dolt, an ignoramous and a lunatic. He has tainted and tarnished our government and is a shameful stain on our nation and its history. He needs to go! We need someone sane and mature in his place.

It is just pathetic that we can't reasonably expedite that process and do something to rein in his massive dysfunction. Psych eval panel anyone? We've GOT TO DO BETTER NEXT TIME. To do worse would be going from this current frying pan into the fire. We may end up there before he goes anyway with his reckless, insane mouth and Twitter ranting. Who would have ever thought we would have a president less emotionally mature than a three-year old, tantrum throwing toddler? They don't like the "deplorable" word, but that's what he is and what his "legacy" will be.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:34 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,920,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No it hasn't but the fact that he is doing something about that is an accomplishment, and has not yet, been denied....even if it is denied, he (Mattis) will continue to try and complete our Military strength as best he can.

also, they would like to add between 3 to 5,000 new troops to Afghanistan, which should be done, we need a large presence in the Middle East to ward off terrorist cells.

Trump also signed the “Buy American and Hire American” Executive Order, prioritizing the interests of American businesses and workers.
It promotes American Industry and protects us from unfair competition by targeting the use of unfair waivers and exceptions to laws on the books! This also calls for the reform of our visa programs which hires foreign workers, taking jobs away from American workers.

Lets face it, American Greed is alive and well...and is affecting so many of us....so much so, that I wouldn't be at all surprised, if Unions soon regained their strength to protect American workers.

So so many corporations are hiring less and less people to do the jobs of 2 and 3 people. Greed is hurting the American worker, something has to change.

Oh and one thing proves this positive change is the fact that the Dow Jones has been higher in America than every before, and that really upsets the Media...so, they are trying very hard, to pull him down.

And from the looks of it, are doing a great job of it for themselves, only to show the American public how unfair and biased they are. And I watched them do the same thing with Bush, and other Republicans before him.

Oh, and I'm a conservative, but also have voted for Dems in the past...so....
Trying to do something is not an accomplishment. You are giving him credit prematurely.

As regards the "Buy American and Hire American" executive order, it can't be all that effective given that so many of Trump's properties are trying to hire non-Americans.

American Greed is alive and well, as demonstrated by our President, who has been funneling millions to his own coffers.

The stock market is cyclical, and it has been steadily rising during Trump's presidency. That's a good thing, but I don't believe that President Trump can take credit for it. Obviously, you do, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I really don't care about your political leanings, I'm not sure why you felt compelled to share.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:23 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,289,679 times
Quote:

As regards the "Buy American and Hire American" executive order, it can't be all that effective given that so many of Trump's properties are trying to hire non-Americans.

American Greed is alive and well, as demonstrated by our President, who has been funneling millions to his own coffers.
Trump is a do as I say or want, not as I do kind of guy. Good intentions and good effort should start at "home". So all the Trump family products still manufactured in China and overseas, how about they manufacture them here and give those jobs to AMERICAN citizens? How about hiring AMERICAN citizens at the Trump properties in the U.S. instead of asking for more visa holders? Not gonna happen.

All the Trumpers, and especially Trump, think he should be able to direct what OTHER people do, but let's not look at Trump HIMSELF. He's so exceptional or special that he gets a pass. (He is those things, but DEFINITELY NOT in any way they think.) Defies logic and reason. But they're more about how things "feel" to them (e.g. his "good intentions", his :gag: strangle: choke: "good heart"). If he has a heart, it is fully enveloped by his gargantuan, insatiable ego, as is everything about Trump. Whatever he does, that "looks" like he is doing something for someone else, always look for the Trump ego agenda behind it. What is HE getting out of it? He doesn't do anything that isn't for him or his. You may have to pull back the curtain a bit or give a little thought, but it's there. Ego is his motivator, not altruism. Many people are altruistic by nature. Not Trump. He is opportunistic and predatory. Altruism is make believe for him.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Trying to do something is not an accomplishment. You are giving him credit prematurely.

The stock market is cyclical, and it has been steadily rising during Trump's presidency. That's a good thing, but I don't believe that President Trump can take credit for it. Obviously, you do, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I really don't care about your political leanings, I'm not sure why you felt compelled to share.
Because you commented? right?

Old 10-25-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Because you commented? right?
I didn't comment about your political leanings.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Trump is a do as I say or want, not as I do kind of guy. Good intentions and good effort should start at "home". So all the Trump family products still manufactured in China and overseas, how about they manufacture them here and give those jobs to AMERICAN citizens? How about hiring AMERICAN citizens at the Trump properties in the U.S. instead of asking for more visa holders? Not gonna happen.

All the Trumpers, and especially Trump, think he should be able to direct what OTHER people do, but let's not look at Trump HIMSELF. He's so exceptional or special that he gets a pass. (He is those things, but DEFINITELY NOT in any way they think.) Defies logic and reason. But they're more about how things "feel" to them (e.g. his "good intentions", his :gag: strangle: choke: "good heart"). If he has a heart, it is fully enveloped by his gargantuan, insatiable ego, as is everything about Trump. Whatever he does, that "looks" like he is doing something for someone else, always look for the Trump ego agenda behind it. What is HE getting out of it? He doesn't do anything that isn't for him or his. You may have to pull back the curtain a bit or give a little thought, but it's there. Ego is his motivator, not altruism. Many people are altruistic by nature. Not Trump. He is opportunistic and predatory. Altruism is make believe for him.
what leader doesn't display an over inflated ego, especially presidents of the U.S. or any other country for that matter?

I see people I work with acquire egos, when they advance up the ladder, so that's nothing new and it certainly isn't isolated to Trump.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
but you commented on this thread, right?

I have to go back and check....

Old 10-25-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:

Yes, I went back and checked, I was answering your comment....

Old 10-25-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:

Yes, I went back and checked, I was answering your comment....
I didn't comment on your political leanings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies