Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 08:23 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,357,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Pro-Abortion Fallacy of the Day:

Pro-Abortion Fallacy of the Day: “Why Don’t You Pro-Lifers Adopt These Unwanted Children?”
That might be a fallacy...except noboody's asking that. We already know why you won't adopt all these unwanted children. It's because you don't want to...and nobody should force you to.

If you do, somehow, manage to adopt all those unwanted children though, congratulations, now you can get to work on adopting all the ones from other countries where un-adopted children probably have things worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 08:33 AM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Nah, I don't want to let others kill their kids. If you do, please leave. We want a civilized country.
I would say "We are trying to have a civilized country."

I was listening to a commercial put out by Big Pharma and even they know the mother is carrying a baby within her womb as they stated that pregnant women should not take this drug because it could harm their BABY! I was impressed that they were not denying personhood to the preborn baby.

I guess it is only a baby if someone wants a baby, otherwise it is trash. As we know, adoption is an option, sort of works with the saying "one's woman's trash is another women's treasure".

I am sure that anyone that has a baby ripped from their womb will be sensitive to hearing that it was their "baby" not a wad of tissue. I am sure they have to keep telling themselves that in order to avoid the reality of what they have done thus the resistance.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I would say "We are trying to have a civilized country."

I was listening to a commercial put out by Big Pharma and even they know the mother is carrying a baby within her womb as they stated that pregnant women should not take this drug because it could harm their BABY! I was impressed that they were not denying personhood to the preborn baby.

I guess it is only a baby if someone wants a baby, otherwise it is trash. As we know, adoption is an option, sort of works with the saying "one's woman's trash is another women's treasure".

I am sure that anyone that has a baby ripped from their womb will be sensitive to hearing that it was their "baby" not a wad of tissue. I am sure they have to keep telling themselves that in order to avoid the reality of what they have done thus the resistance.
Can we have a few more of the people who dehumanize the unborn, if that means we can lose a few of the people who want to drag children into existence against their will and throw them into ratholes?

Because those people don't have to exist.

A civilized society does not create children only to throw them into ratholes. It deletes them from existence before their mind exists, unless it thinks their mind has already formed, in which case it still might consider that deletion might be for the best before their mind grows further.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:17 AM

I don't like the idea of people seeing the unborn as something un-alive, because they could have some kind of mind...but another problem are the people who personify beings they understand so little as a fetus and think of them exactly like they would a born child. Why isn't there as much focus on people personifying fetuses too much as there is on people personifying them too little?

Terrible things can happen from people personifying fetuses too much too. It's not like they're already a fully developed person as soon as they begin to form in the womb, but people like to pretend they are, because they're so lazy that they care more about maintaining their own delusions than they care about the child.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:39 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,753,831 times
Funny, I'm on Twitter and city data is the only place I've seen it

Old 11-01-2017, 10:30 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
If you are in a burning building, on one end of the building is a baby in its crib, on the other end of the building are 100 fertilized embryos stored in a rack for ivf, which side do you get to safety first?
I'd go for the alive, outside the womb, breathing air like the rest of us baby.

Call me evil, but that's my objective.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:34 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,838,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'd go for the alive, outside the womb, breathing air like the rest of us baby.

Call me evil, but that's my objective.
Right. I would have to assume for the people that believe that at conception it is a "Baby" that they would go for the rack of embryos... I mean if they want logical consistency in their beliefs at least.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:35 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Right. I would have to assume for the people that believe that at conception it is a "Baby" that they would go for the rack of embryos... I mean if they want logical consistency in their beliefs at least.
Because the needs of the many embryos (by their logic) should outweigh the needs of that one, single, solitary baby.

Or, do embryos only count if they're implanted in a woman's uterus?

Old 11-01-2017, 12:58 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,045,115 times
I'm still wondering where this "civilized" country or the period of time is in which none of its female citizens ever terminated or sought to terminate a pregnancy.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:51 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,330,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
A baby born significantly premature is basically a fetus - just living and developing artificially outside of the womb.

If you had a miscarriage after a certain point, you lost a child. Not this dehumanized thing called a "fetus," but a child. There IS a point where we can say, "ok, yeah, this is basically just cells".... but.... beyond that, fetus just means "developing baby inside womb."

Your feeling less sad about your miscarriages than if you lost a child that had been taken out of the womb doesn't change what happened. Only your reaction and coping mechanism changes. (Again, unless it was an early miscarriage).

Had i lost my daughter to miscarriage at the same gestational age instead of after a week after being taken out of the womb, I too would have been able to cope better I am sure, since I never would have met her.

But she still died, and she wasn't "less" a person at 29 weeks inside the womb vs. 30 weeks outside the womb.
No, I lost a fetus, a pregnancy, the promise of a child. No, those losses were not children as far as I am concerned. Now losing one of my children whom I've raised, gotten to know and love? Yes that's a loss to ME. (I'm only speaking for me, no one else)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies