Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 01:32 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Wait, people still follow Sarah Palin's website?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 02:17 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Nah, I don't want to let others kill their kids. If you do, please leave. We want a civilized country.
but judging by your posts you are fine with them dying after they get out of the womb...

but don't worry you have a lot of company, there are millions who are against abortion AND healthcare for the poor and low income... you can be proud to be part of such a group who are fine denying a good education, good healthcare right along with trying to force people to have those kids..

it has never been about "life" it is about control and power. i say any state or county or person that blocks an abortion should be responsible for all the costs up to and through 3rd level ed... otherwise you lot are just hypocrites

Old 10-30-2017, 03:34 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
As someone who is not adopted, I wouldn't have known the difference had I been aborted.
But your mother would have.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:37 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
but judging by your posts you are fine with them dying after they get out of the womb...

but don't worry you have a lot of company, there are millions who are against abortion AND healthcare for the poor and low income... you can be proud to be part of such a group who are fine denying a good education, good healthcare right along with trying to force people to have those kids..

it has never been about "life" it is about control and power. i say any state or county or person that blocks an abortion should be responsible for all the costs up to and through 3rd level ed... otherwise you lot are just hypocrites
So you go by the----better to abort 40 healthy babies so one unhealthy baby won't be born. Talk about control.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:40 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,227 times
people are never going to agree on this issue. never.

Old 10-30-2017, 04:06 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Nah, I don't want to let others kill their kids. If you do, please leave. We want a civilized country.
I'm pro life I'm not pro fetus

Old 10-30-2017, 04:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Yeah I know.

Still wouldn't have known or cared. Can't miss something you never had. That's why I find the handwringing, especially IRT 1st trimester abortions really silly.
So its ok then.. Why dont we just kill those with Alzheimer disease then, since of course they dont know any better..
Quote:
How long do you think it should take?
Considering much of its just sitting around waiting for a family "profile" to be written, it could be much faster..

After all, its for the children, right?

Old 10-30-2017, 04:10 PM

32 posts, read 40,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Let's say I wanted to shoot you in the head. Would you still think the same?

Therein lies the problem. If you think it is a life, you cannot agree with that simpleton's logic (not saying you are a simpleton. You seem good).

The further problem is that in the third trimester, it has a fully developed cerebral cortex and thus is, as far as possible in in its limited environment, self aware. It is a life. That is science, not opinion.

So how about this, you keep advocating for the right to murder, and we will keep advocating against it. World is a better place (because we defend children, not because you want to kill them).
You cannot hijack a woman's body to do with whatever you please. In any other situation this would be kidnapping or rape.

You may not like abortion. And you are free to define abortion however you please but the point still stands that you cannot force a woman to remain pregnant against her will. Full stop.

That's it.

You cannot force someone to do something with their body that they do not want to do.

Don't like it? Tough. Not your free will. Not your body. Not your life. You cannot force a woman to do something with her body that she does not want to do with her body.

If she doesn't want to incubate a fetus, she does. Not. Want. To. Full stop.

There's nothing you can do about her making that choice.

It's not for you to decide if a woman remains pregnant.

I just can't fathom where people like you get off thinking that you can make choices for another grown human being. It has NOTHING to do with YOU.

An actual murder of a human being is something you would have visibility into. You literally have no visibility into this AT ALL. This is an extremely private affair that is between a woman and her god, her conscience, her doctor.

You are not invited to dictate to someone else what they MUST do with their body.

You can hate and loathe abortion all you want. And you can call it whatever you want. It still doesn't mean the government should create laws based on your personal perspective that infringe on another adult human being's private decisions about their health.

I don't relish abortion. But it will be a cold day in Hell before I let the government have autonomy over my body, or your body, or my daughters' bodies, or mother's body. Or any woman's body.

No government has the right to dictate what a woman does or does not do with her body.

You don't have the right to dictate what a woman does or does not do with her body.

Stop b*tching about how the government is so jacked up and intrusive and bumbling and corrupt but then turn around and and want this same corrupt entity to be involved with a women's decision-making process over health. That's f*cking gross. I don't need the government involved with my decisions about health.

You really want to stop abortions from happening? Women will always find a way to have abortions. Always. Human beings will find a way out of perceived entrapment.

If you really want to curb abortions then help this country develop healthcare and economical infrastructure that supports mothers. We are woefully behind other first-world nations that support women having children. Currently in our country, a woman who ends up having a baby after considering abortion, is three times more likely to fall into poverty. Research supports that restricting abortions does not curb abortions. This isn't about the law; it's about creating an environment that supports us having children. We don't have that in this country.

Old 10-30-2017, 04:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Great. If you are so concerned about other people's business, we'll send all those pregnant mothers to your house and you can support them and then you can raise the kids too.
I'm confused, because you guys claim you want everyone out of your bedroom, so you can do what you want, but then you want society to pay for the actions in your bedroom, but dont think society should have a say?

Old 10-30-2017, 04:15 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Don't forget about access to birth control! They don't want your insurance plan paying for any of that either!

Morons.

I can't bear to listen or read their drivel one more time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies