Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2017, 03:36 PM

73,102 posts, read 62,755,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Maybe because any group's adverse behavior is an enormous cost to taxpayers.
If anyone's adverse behavior costs a tax payer, why does it matter what race the person is?

Old 10-28-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Well, spewing racist nazi at people will eventually create an opposition. The fringe on both sides is growing.

We have always had a fringe element we ignored as a country but we seem to be ruled by the fringe these days. Hopefully, we stop giving these topics so much credibility. But, fear and anger seem to be a guarantor of attention.

Extremists aren't good people to go to for advice. The media does this for sensationalism. Stop watching t.v. and get outside. Most regular folks aren't obsessed with these topics and don't fit these stereotypes.

That black girl you see at the grocery store isn't in a gang in the hood with six welfare babies and that white person isn't a toothless racist from the Ozarks. The media just seems hyped on focusing on these extremes for ratings.
Most of us are just your average American trying to make a good life for ourselves and enjoy our families and friends. That's it. We all care about those less fortunate in some way or another and try and do our share.

Republicans aren't focused on these hot-button issues any more than Democrats. They'll all try and collect votes. Doesn't matter who you are as long as you have a pulse and can vote. They just see the crime in black hoods a hot topic right now becuz its all the media is talking about. It'll change soon and then they'll talk about the new hot topic. It gets pretty gross watching these people act like a school of sharks in a kiddy pool but hey, American news is pretty gaudy.
Some people really are bigots. And I'm not talking about people who don't have a liberal point of view. I am only talking about people who make it their business to constantly complain about Blacks or the "other".

We do have fringe elements in our society. You can't win with them. Ignore them and they grow larger, to what we have now. Give then plenty of attention and they get what they want, attention. The fringe groups, the bigots, they want attention, they want their adverse behavior to considered normal.

I know that not every Black woman is a welfare dependent/illegitimate child creator. I know that not every White person is some toothless bigoted "redneck". And I live in an area where there are people who fit that description. Those are the people who get the most attention. The media wants ratings. The media is just trying to make money, and the extremes make money. Anything that grabs one's attention makes the most money.

And yes, both political parties want to get elected. The crime in Black areas has been a hot button topic lately. It has been a hot button topic before.

Old 10-28-2017, 05:34 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,132,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If anyone's adverse behavior costs a tax payer, why does it matter what race the person is?
Crime is an enormous cost to society. I'll let you figure out which race commits the bulk of it.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times
Quote:
Maybe because any group's adverse behavior is an enormous cost to taxpayers.
To hell with the so called “taxpayers.”

African Americans payed with their blood in every damn war this country has ever had. Whatever the taxpayers in this country have ever “given” to African Americans, they gave to everyone else at a much cheaper rate. In fact, you gave it to others that didn’t have to do a damn thing but walk off a boat without sacrificing a thing.

The so called “enormous cost” is a joke. If you weren’t paying for every jail, prison, and law enforcement bureaucracy that you could build up, you’d be spending it on wars or some other Pentagon related nonsense.

Enormous cost to taxpayers. LMAO!

Old 10-28-2017, 06:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times
Quote:
Crime is an enormous cost to society. I'll let you figure out which race commits the bulk of it.
The crimes AGAINST African Americans also came with an enormous cost, and i’ll let you guess who’s gonna keep paying for it.

Hint: find a mirror.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
So what? If it happens, what makes the race of the person committing it so different from any other kind of criminal?

Old 10-28-2017, 06:33 PM

2,261 posts, read 1,142,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Blacks already have equal rights. The idea that you don't is false. Blacks march to address disparities but the solutions asked for almost involve more set-asides or demanding law enforcement to ignore high levels of Black criminality.
Asking for police to be held accountable for bad shoots, thats asking to ignore black criminality? I dont think so.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:34 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,459,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Some people really are bigots. And I'm not talking about people who don't have a liberal point of view. I am only talking about people who make it their business to constantly complain about Blacks or the "other".

We do have fringe elements in our society. You can't win with them. Ignore them and they grow larger, to what we have now. Give then plenty of attention and they get what they want, attention. The fringe groups, the bigots, they want attention, they want their adverse behavior to considered normal.

I know that not every Black woman is a welfare dependent/illegitimate child creator. I know that not every White person is some toothless bigoted "redneck". And I live in an area where there are people who fit that description. Those are the people who get the most attention. The media wants ratings. The media is just trying to make money, and the extremes make money. Anything that grabs one's attention makes the most money.

And yes, both political parties want to get elected. The crime in Black areas has been a hot button topic lately. It has been a hot button topic before.
Yeah, they are bigots, real ones and there are welfare moms too. I've had the pleasure of meeting both and could probably find a few in my extended family. The squeaky wheel gets attention because it's noisy.
We all have that cousin or uncle we don't want coming over for the holiday. lol But most people are just embarrassed by that.

The more we lump us all into groups, the easier it will be to mistake someone for another. Were already doing it on here, the blacks do this, the whites do this. Pretty soon its just groups and not individuals. That will just create more opposition and the problem will grow on each side like its been growing lately. That's a shame since it was at a low five years ago.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hate-ri...on-assignment/

Trump supporters don't equal white supremacists and Obama and Hilary supporters don't equal BLM or criminals but that's what the media makes you think because they just want the tension and that's really dangerous. They encourage people to go on these forums and go protest shouting this back and forth and create a reality we just didn't have a few years back.

The media wants you to think blacks are all criminals and hate whites and whites are all Nazis and hate people of color. Its just a dangerous game and it will have consequences we will be sickened by. All boils down to politics and our political news really. They're just inflating it for their own good. I hope the damage is minimal, and we grow up soon.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Asking for police to be held accountable for bad shoots, thats asking to ignore black criminality? I dont think so.
I agree. With this mentioned, I will offer my theory on this. There were those who feel that the average Black person should be policed more harshly and brutally compared to anyone else. The rationale being "Blacks commit more crime compared to everyone else". No one denies the statistics, but people should be treated as individuals nonetheless.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:42 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,459,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Ignorance is not bliss. The numbers just don't add up, and until we get robocops we won't solve the side effect of having humans as police officers. BLM only shined a light on statistical probability. That many police officers will, of course, have a certain percentage that will make bad shots. You will have that with any job. A certain percentage will fail at it.

All we're doing is pointing out the percentage of failure we are having hiring humans to police criminals. There is just a certain percentage that will shoot out of fear before they have anything to fear. We cant get rid of human error.

What is happening though is cops are starting to ignore areas of high crime so that it lowers their percentage of making a mistake. So still deaths just less that our the fault of officers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies