Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 03:00 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

One of my brother's best friends was a black Marine; I had a little school girl crush on him. (I just remember he was very nice, and handsome.)
My life has been saved once by a black man; my future brother-in-law is a black man. So sometimes, I read topics about black issues on forum like this.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
I notice that conservative Republicans are constantly bringing up issues affecting the Black community, whether it's BLM, teen pregnancy, violent statistics, voting patterns, political affiliation, Black entertainment, Black politics, etc...

What gives, why are conservative Republicans, who are overwhelmingly White so preoccupied with issues affecting the Black community.

I know Black people that don't bring up Black issues as much as some of these conservatives
Because you've made it up in order to deflect from discussing policy. But when the policies you back are known failures what else is there left to do?

What gives, why is Slats Grobnick, who is overwhelmingly progressive, so preoccupied with making things up about conservastives that he can't discuss policy.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No. I was saying Blacks have always been in worse shape than anyone else. What we are seeing today is nothing new. I never said people aren't responsible for themselves. I said things have ALWAYS been this bad, as a response to why someone asked why Blacks have lower incomes, higher crimes rates,etc. I am saying this has been the case for ages. My point was this. Blacks have always had it bad from day one. Treated worse than anyone else. Living in worse conditions than anyone else. What we see with the crime, and other problems is just a continuation what has always been. It is what it is.

No, there is no excuse for committing crime. I'm saying what we see now, it's been this way forever. I'm the first person to say, if you're a criminal, you should be locked up. I'm also putting this into account. The way Blacks have historically been socialized in America, I'm surprised there aren't more Black criminals. It is amazing that there are more accomplishments by Black people pre-1960.
Because blacks rely on welfare more than any other group. Which means they don't rely on themselves or their community as much. That's why they are at the bottom of the totem pole. When you give human beings money, they take it and don't think about the long term. Why should the mother or father of the child stay together when government can provide.
It's time to end the welfare state.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:31 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because blacks rely on welfare more than any other group. Which means they don't rely on themselves or their community as much. That's why they are at the bottom of the totem pole. When you give human beings money, they take it and don't think about the long term. Why should the mother or father of the child stay together when government can provide.
They've been on the bottom of the totem pole since they were brought here in chains

Old 10-27-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
They've been on the bottom of the totem pole since they were brought here in chains
You have a 75 percent chance of making it to the Middle class or higher if you finish high school, work full time and wait until you are 21 to marry and have kids. Explain to everyone here why you think the climate now adays is more prejudiced than before and how laws are keeping blacks down. Unless you said welfare, you're wrong. But keep falsely playing the race card and ignore the facts.
Another post of yours that ignores policy, gee didn't see that coming.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Black folks were at the bottom of your “totem pole” before there was ever a such thing as a welfare check. Why was that? Tell us!

Time to end the welfare state? Lemme hip you to something: if the welfare system actually had to depend on blacks to justify its existence, the welfare system would’ve been gone a long ass time ago...if it would’ve ever been created in the first place (it wouldn’t have).

Welfare was created because poor whites needed it so badly, and it remains in existence because so many whites STILL need it so badly. If whites didn’t need it, white conservatives members of Congress would’ve torpedoed it decades ago because they sure as hell ain’t keeping it around for us kneegrows.

So there goes your welfare narrative. Besides, you live in Texas, you oughta know better. Take a look around you! Parts of east and west Texas look like Appalachia. Worse in some cases.

Besides, what does a your premise have to do with the original question? What’s with the kneegrow among Conservatives? Y’all don’t give a damn about our economic state, so what is it?

Last edited by desertdetroiter; 10-27-2017 at 07:59 PM..

Old 10-27-2017, 07:47 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Dims have kept blacks down from slavery days till now. Republicans have always strived to improve the lives of everyone and especially blacks from fighting and dying to free them, to end Jim Crow, and now to improve the education and economic conditions of blacks.
What have you been smoking? You must be one of those conservative far-right Christians.

Last edited by SoloforLife; 10-27-2017 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: word delete

Old 10-27-2017, 07:49 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Actually, Blacks were doing quite badly before the advent of welfare. When there was no welfare Blacks were doing quite badly. In fact, during the 1930s, there was a welfare program for mothers who were indigent and without the father there. Black women were not excluded from that program. It didn't stop the Black population from leading in out of wedlock birth rates, 5-6 time as high as Whites. It didn't stop high murder rates among Black men. Blacks were doing far worse in those days economically than they are now. Blacks were ALWAYS at the bottom of the pile, going back to the founding of this nation. In fact for the first 100 years of this nation, most Blacks were classified as property, not even human beings. They way Blacks got here wasn't even under their own accord.

Blaming welfare is a cop out. The Black population was in very bad shape and has been at the bottom with or without welfare, so do not try that cop out with me.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:05 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Black folks were at the bottom of your “totem pole” before there was ever a such thing as a welfare check. Why was that? Tell us!

Time to end the welfare state? Lemme hip you to something: if the welfare system actually had to depend on blacks to justify its existence, the welfare system would’ve been gone a long ass time ago...if it would’ve ever been created in the first place (it wouldn’t have).

Welfare was created because poor whites needed it so badly, and it remains in existence because so many whites STILL need it so badly. If whites didn’t need it, white conservatives members of Congress would’ve torpedoed it decades ago because they sure as hell ain’t keeping it around for us kneegrows.

So there goes your welfare narrative. Besides, you live in Texas, you oughta know better. Take a look around you! Parts of east and west Texas look like Appalachia.
Exactly. Blacks have been doing worse than anyone else. This was BEFORE welfare. There was a welfare program that Blacks were not allowed to participate in during the 1930s. Denying welfare to Blacks didn't make Blacks do better. In the days before the Civil Rights movement, Blacks actually had a hard time getting government jobs.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:06 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
I notice that conservative Republicans are constantly bringing up issues affecting the Black community, whether it's BLM, teen pregnancy, violent statistics, voting patterns, political affiliation, Black entertainment, Black politics, etc...

What gives, why are conservative Republicans, who are overwhelmingly White so preoccupied with issues affecting the Black community.

I know Black people that don't bring up Black issues as much as some of these conservatives

Huh? This post doesn't even make sense.

A perusal of topics here reveals NO threads about such matters EXCLUSIVE to the black community. Or is it that Republicans (or [gasp!] whites) aren't supposed to comment on such subjects when others initiate a discussion? Good luck with that. We're not big on control freaks. And please feel free to point out the preponderance of "Black Entertainment" and "Black Teen Pregnancy," "Black Politics" (whatever that is), etc. threads started by Republicans.

In other words, just because you assert this "preoccupation," doesn't make it true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies