Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 12:28 AM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times

Advertisements

I thought his little meet and greet looked fun and everyone seemed happy with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 12:41 AM

23,507 posts, read 12,509,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why do kids need to get boatloads of candy. We always give out simple toys which was more popular than candy. Honestly, Michelle's get fit program is what is still needed. Look at all the obese kids we have. They would rather play video games then get outside and do something.
They should be outside playing. It's a pity that nosy people call social services on the parents when the kids do play outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I thought his little meet and greet looked fun and everyone seemed happy with it.
I thought so too. Cute kids.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:47 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Donald Trump is not exactly what we might call a people person. He is stiff, unfriendly, and completely self absorbed. Such a glaring contrast to the last man who lived at that address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hBGaCc-5iI

Obama loves people , is great with kids, and actually can smile and laugh. Something Donald Trump is incapable of doing for fear his face might crack.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:59 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Why the hell is he making jokes about the media to a bunch of kids?

Kids are probably asking themselves what the fat old man is ranting about

Old goat is as senile as Reagan
The jokes were for the press people observing him, obviously.

This is one more example of the familiar pattern: Trump makes some comments that are a little odd and the press pounces on them, but in their zeal, they end up looking far worse than he does.
Quote:
As he gave the kids boxes of Hershey Kisses, he told one young person, "you have no weight problems. That's the good news. Right?"
Nobody but a hard core loony feminist would call this "bodyshaming".

Old 10-28-2017, 01:24 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The jokes were for the press people observing him, obviously.

This is one more example of the familiar pattern: Trump makes some comments that are a little odd and the press pounces on them, but in their zeal, they end up looking far worse than he does.

Nobody but a hard core loony feminist would call this "bodyshaming".
Press people observing him...aka the parents of these children. Why throw jabs of any sort at parents with their children around, on what was supposed to be a fun little Halloween Meet n Greet?

Why should weight be brought up at all? He is not their parent, doctor, gym coach, whatever. No, even though he is sorta over us all as President, that’s not anywhere near enough context to make it ok to say weight related remarks to kids, positive or negative.

Why not just say “That’s a fun costume?” or something else? It’s a weird comment to make to random kids coming by.

And no, not a “hard core loony feminist”. I don’t know that body shaming is quite the right word here. Moderate independent who can lean a bit conservative. Just not a fan of people making off topic, weird, inappropriate remarks to anyone, especially children.

Is this an impeachable offense? Of course not. Just another eye roll worthy moment in this Administration.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:52 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,493,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's obviously not criminal, but... I'm sorry, he is creepy as hell.

Asking little kids about weight problems and leveraging them to make sarcastic digs at the press??

Can't he just say "wow, cute kids..happy halloween", take a picture, and be done with it?

Why does he ALWAYS have to say some awkward bull**** and make it about him? He's like that crazy uncle no one would want to leave their kids with. The children exhibited more mature behavior than he did.

Oh his defenders know damned well it was awkward and weird. They'll just never admit it. It wasn't criminal, impeachable. Just another example of WTH was that?

Old 10-28-2017, 03:09 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,569,634 times
You will see four to five negative "stories" about Trump each day from local, big city newspapers, Yahoo, Google, MSN, and then you have Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram censoring anything positive about Trump, and promoting the negative. Truly disgusting. Much of our media, and communication is now controlled by far Left Silicon Valley. Add this to NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, PBS, etc. It is a joke.

Old 10-28-2017, 03:25 AM

1,548 posts, read 912,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is creepy. I would not want him around my children.
I can relate to Pres. Trump. I wouldn't want to be around your kids either.

Old 10-28-2017, 03:30 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is creepy. I would not want him around my children.
I feel the same about Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton. In fact there are very few career politicians that I would want around any of my children.

Old 10-28-2017, 05:51 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,094,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Donald Trump is not exactly what we might call a people person. He is stiff, unfriendly, and completely self absorbed. Such a glaring contrast to the last man who lived at that address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hBGaCc-5iI

Obama loves people , is great with kids, and actually can smile and laugh. Something Donald Trump is incapable of doing for fear his face might crack.
Yeah, Obama certainly knew how to play up to the camera. Another reason the Dems are screwed without him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies