Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 07:45 AM

27,227 posts, read 13,514,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The "victim" train is going full speed. Can someone who was drunk remember an incident that happened 30 years ago? An apology is more for "if I did it" I am guessing in this situation.

Hollywood has always been this way. It is part of the "dues".

Thirty years later? I just feel if it were devastating that it would not take 30 years to report. I doubt this was a naive innocent little 14 year old who didn't have a clue what was happening, if it happened.

What a way to get one's name in the news!
I felt touched by Kevin Sacey's performance in 'American Beauty', there I said it Kevin Spacey touched me.

Can I have some symapthy and compensation now.

Fantasists who lied about sex abuse allowed to keep compensation - Telegraph

It should be noted that Anthony Rapp previously met with a lawyer to discuss possible legal action, but was told there was no case worth pursuing.

The fact a Lawyer told him that speaks volumes, as Lawyers are usually more than willing to take a case if they can see any chance of winning or any posssible chance of a financial pay out.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-31-2017 at 08:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 07:50 AM

34,251 posts, read 18,616,638 times
I think he's a good actor, but like many actors, and comedians in Hollywood they have some weird traits, and character flaws. It goes with the territory it seems.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:06 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,438,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I think he's a good actor, but like many actors, and comedians in Hollywood they have some weird traits, and character flaws. It goes with the territory it seems.
Some of these show biz types are very strange people....... quite Jekyll and Hyde in nature. Kevin Spacey, at the peak of his fame in 2003, became artistic director at the Old Vic theatre in London. He did this until 2015, with great acclaim. The Old Vic have said no complaints were made about Spacey during his tenure at the theatre, and none since he left.

Before a lynching party is sent for Spacey, lets wait and see who comes out of the woodwork to speak about him. From what I read, he is known to make a play for young men on film sets, and in his private life. But, these seem to have been young adults.

He seems to be apologetic for the incident many years ago with a 14 year old boy. He claims not to even remember the incident, and is sorry for it. Like I say, lets wait and see how this pans out.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:21 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,608,838 times
Meh. Hollywood, singers, and other groups of popular people have always been weird cesspools. Why is Rapp coming out about this now?

Old 10-31-2017, 08:44 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,609,474 times
Didn't know this Rapp guy was gay (not that it matters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Spacey's flown on The Lolita Express and has ties to Lockheed Martin through his foundation. Oh, the stories he could tell.

Ties to Lockheed Martin? James Comey was previously employed with that outfit. Just sayin'...

Old 10-31-2017, 09:08 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,235,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Whats to prove, he already Apologized for it
actually he says he does not remember, but yes he apologized if it did happen and i think his apology was good. it was 30+ years ago and he was apparently drunk.

this is an accusation. something that may have happened 30+ years ago. at a party with drinking involved. he didn't say he assaulted this guy. he said he doesn't remember but if he did do something inappropriate he apologizes.

his show is now cancelled and he now is having an emmy pulled. he was set to receive one and now they have decided to not give it to him because of this accusation. he was never charged with a crime. i think he is being treated very harshly for something that may have happened. rapp says he picked him up and put him on the bed and made a pass at him and then the kid leaves. he didn't say he kissed him or touched him in a sexual way. he said he knew that spacey was going after him in a sexual way. but again, he doesn't say he actually assaulted him. people do stupid things when drunk. not excusing his behavior if he did in fact try to have sex with a minor. but, i don't see how anything actually happened.

i think kevin is being wrongly harshly judged for something that someone is claiming happened at a party 30+ years ago. if he actually assaulted him then i think that's wrong and not ok at all. but i don't really see how this is an assault. he made a pass at him, was denied and that was that. nothing else happened.

if more people start speaking out about him then i will change my mind. but so far, i think he is being treated unfairly.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:17 AM

50,916 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Whats to prove, he already Apologized for it
Clearly you haven't read the news reports or the statement he released.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:55 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,145,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Why is Rapp coming out about this now?
“I came forward with my story, standing on the shoulders of the many courageous women and men who have been speaking out, to shine a light and hopefully make a difference, as they have done for me,” the actor said in a statement to PEOPLE.

Anthony Rapp Explains Why He Exposed Kevin Spacey

Old 10-31-2017, 10:41 AM

31,077 posts, read 22,126,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Clearly you haven't read the news reports or the statement he released.
Yes, I did. He said the same thing that most guilty people say, then added the gay and alcohol part to it as if that was a defense. I agree that he should not have his show or award pulled because he should be innocent until proven guilty.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Actually depending on what state you are in, 14 may be the age of consent sexually. (its not 18 everywhere like most people think).

Im not so sure I would go as far as using the term Pedophile when it involves a 14 yr old, pedophile refers to the interest in the VERY young.
I do not think it's 14 anywhere in the U.S. but there was no sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies