Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 08:44 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Papadopolous is most certainly about Trump collusion with Russia, and it's a smoking gun.
It could be depending on details that are not yet public. It seems like he was the one trying to create the collusion with the non stop emails and requests to get the Trump campaign and the Russians together. There was never a meeting. If there was then that would be the smoking gun.

And little Papa was not charged with colluding with Russia only for lying about his contacts with Russians. Is attempted collusion illegal? Probably not.

Libertarian here not pro Trump or Clinton. Enjoying both parties crumble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 08:56 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Because in “liberal world” we don’t make excuses, if the Podestas are guilty I do not care one bit.
wow liberal world changed? when did that happened because liberal world made every excuse in the world when bill Clinton was committing perjury.... which is a felony.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:01 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
It could be depending on details that are not yet public. It seems like he was the one trying to create the collusion with the non stop emails and requests to get the Trump campaign and the Russians together. There was never a meeting. If there was then that would be the smoking gun.
We don't know if there was a meeting, and his supervisor said he was doing a great job trying to set up the meetings. Add to that Don Jr's meeting in Trump tower with similar emails setting things up with the Russians and Jared Kushner trying to create a secret back channel through the Russian embassy, and there is no question that collusion (however you want to define that) is a fact.

Quote:
And little Papa was not charged with colluding with Russia only for lying about his contacts with Russians. Is attempted collusion illegal? Probably not.
Yes. Conspiracy is illegal, even if you're not successful at your ultimate goal.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
We don't know if there was a meeting, and his supervisor said he was doing a great job trying to set up the meetings. Add to that Don Jr's meeting in Trump tower with similar emails setting things up with the Russians and Jared Kushner trying to create a secret back channel through the Russian embassy, and there is no question that collusion (however you want to define that) is a fact.

Yes. Conspiracy is illegal, even if you're not successful at your ultimate goal.
He was setting up a trip to Russia and and a meeting and it clearly said in the court papers that it never happened.

As far as anything else lets let Mueller figure that out. Perhaps you can email him some directions on your conclusions about all of this. Otherwise I am not going to speculate on that. Only thing that seems pretty certain is Podesta is about to go down. That links both parties and very powerful players in both parties to all this and as a Libertarian that makes me very happy.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:20 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
He was setting up a trip to Russia and and a meeting and it clearly said in the court papers that it never happened.
One meeting may not have happened, doesn't mean others didn't. Carter Page was approved by the Campaign to travel to Moscow and he did.

Quote:
As far as anything else lets let Mueller figure that out. Perhaps you can email him some directions on your conclusions about all of this. Otherwise I am not going to speculate on that. Only thing that seems pretty certain is Podesta is about to go down. That links both parties and very powerful players in both parties to all this and as a Libertarian that makes me very happy.
Ironic that you claim you're not going to speculate, but you're speculating about Podesta. First of all, you do realize there are 2 Podestas right? Tony Podesta is the one possibly in trouble. His brother, John, who was Hillary's chair and had his emails hacked by Russia has not been part of the Podesta Group since the early 90s and is not under investigation.

I realize you're trying to equate the two as being equally guilty, but that's not the facts. And guess what, none of us care if the Podesta's did something illegal and get caught. We're not partisan traitors like Republicans.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:31 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Because in “liberal world” we don’t make excuses, if the Podestas are guilty I do not care one bit.
LOL..you might want to pass that bit of wisdom to Hillary

Old 10-31-2017, 09:34 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
John is just as guilty of hiding money in Russian banks and not reporting it just like Manafort and his brother. Don't even pretend that he isn't.
Link?

Old 10-31-2017, 10:40 AM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Papadopolous is most certainly about Trump collusion with Russia, and it's a smoking gun.
LOL! How's the weather on Fantasy Island? Say hi to Tattoo for me!

Old 10-31-2017, 10:51 AM

209 posts, read 160,247 times
Quote:
Only thing that seems pretty certain is Podesta is about to go down. That links both parties and very powerful players in both parties to all this and as a Libertarian that makes me very happy.

Besides Hillary, this goes back to Obama, Susan Rice, and the master unmasker Samantha Power.
For now, Tony managed to evade the media by resigning from their company.

Old 10-31-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
One meeting may not have happened, doesn't mean others didn't. Carter Page was approved by the Campaign to travel to Moscow and he did.

Ironic that you claim you're not going to speculate, but you're speculating about Podesta. First of all, you do realize there are 2 Podestas right? Tony Podesta is the one possibly in trouble. His brother, John, who was Hillary's chair and had his emails hacked by Russia has not been part of the Podesta Group since the early 90s and is not under investigation.

I realize you're trying to equate the two as being equally guilty, but that's not the facts. And guess what, none of us care if the Podesta's did something illegal and get caught. We're not partisan traitors like Republicans.
I know its the brother of Clinton's campaign manager and he has nothing to do with this at this point. I have heard some chatter but not speculating about it.

Regarding Podesta, his company is already named in the Manafort indictment and what they did which was illegal. Right after the indictment was released Podesta quit his namesake firm that he has had for 25 years. Its when the shoe drops not if. Where is my speculation? I don't see how Mueller can name them and show what they did was illegal and not bring charges. If he does not it will look partisan.

All stuff you are piecing together has not been put forth yet by Mueller. Some of it will but what exactly who knows now. But you have it figured out apparently.

And regarding Trump. The drain the swamp line you heard over and over. Yet he brings in Manafort one of the biggest swamp monsters possible. How is that not an issue to the trumpies?

Like I have said I am a libertarian and this whole mess is like Christmas in October. If it exposes the underbelly of politics that both parties are part of and change happens its a good thing. And the ones responsible go to jail. Fat chance of that but I can hope.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-31-2017 at 11:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies