Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 04:19 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times

Advertisements

Too bad a lot of you people obviously weren't around while the likes of Eisenhower resided in the White House. Had you been, you would realize just how low you've set the bar with this latest azzclown.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:28 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Just as a point of history, he's already beat that one: William Henry Harrison was only president for 32 days. Died from complications after a cold.
Yep, he caught pneumonia delivering a long inaugural address on a cold rainy day.

Long speeches can kill!

Old 10-31-2017, 04:34 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
I’m older than dirt, so I’ve lived under a lot of presidents. I missed FDR by about 3 years, but in my lifetime, I would rate my top 5 in chronological order as Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Reagan and Clinton. JFK’s more of a sentimental pick over what might have been, but I was a kid in HS when he was murdered.

Johnson gets points from me for Civil Rights advancement, but loses points over Vietnam.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:43 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
If he does decide to run again (and I don't think he will), his biggest hurdle just might be from a true Republican in the primaries.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:51 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The Democrats don't need a great candidate to beat Trump.

They ran an extremely poor candidate that won a rigged primary. Hillary was an awful candidate that ran a horrible campaign that forgot about the rust belt and rarely hit on economic issues. Now that Trump is in office he is even less popular - an average candidate should be able to beat Trump.

Trumps campaign ran off hate nothing.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:55 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
And changing the culture around us from a limp wristed PC environment back to good old common sense

Sorry dems, you have no talent pool in 2020 to beat the best president of my lifetime
It is 2017. The Democrats have a lot of time to find somebody. That being said Trump won't be president after 2020. He won't run again or will be primaried. He has already dug his grave. A moderate from either side will rise up.

I am not a fan of the PC environment but he hasn't done anything to help or hurt it. He is just a liar and nothing more.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:39 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I'm afraid for TRUE repugs have NOT stood up they in the same soup - after this guy gets off his high horse- they will have harder time getting the throne again- better to bring dragons
If things stay on path, I believe he will be damaged goods, too damaged to be able to win again, and especially if nothing major ever gets done. Knowing what he knows now, he probably have second thoughts about ever running.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:45 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
And changing the culture around us from a limp wristed PC environment back to good old common sense

Sorry dems, you have no talent pool in 2020 to beat the best president of my lifetime
Kind of a frightening post. It implies that you favor the same kind of arrogant, anti-intellectual, uncultured, narrow, self-centered, bullying, strutting chicken-hawk stance that he does.

I hope that you be open to reading when the historians start weighing in, naming him the worst president in ages, or likely ever.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:19 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I’m older than dirt, so I’ve lived under a lot of presidents. I missed FDR by about 3 years, but in my lifetime, I would rate my top 5 in chronological order as Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Reagan and Clinton. JFK’s more of a sentimental pick over what might have been, but I was a kid in HS when he was murdered.

Johnson gets points from me for Civil Rights advancement, but loses points over Vietnam.
And which one of those would you have expected to tweet inanities, anger gold star mothers, diss an ex POW for getting caught, lie like a cheap carpet, brag about grabbing women's p*****s, and a host of other personality disorder stimulated grievances against normal common sense and acceptable social conventions?

I agree with your assessment of those others by their relevance and performance by the way. "The Buck Stops Here" will never appear facing outward on the desk of the current occupant...it's a totally foreign concept to this one.

I was in charge of a group of on duty ERA's tasked to do emergency boiler flashes of all in-harbour RCN west coast DDE's upon the news of Kennedy's assassination. Who knows what might have been if he'd lived?

Old 10-31-2017, 07:47 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
If things stay on path, I believe he will be damaged goods, too damaged to be able to win again, and especially if nothing major ever gets done. Knowing what he knows now, he probably have second thoughts about ever running.
Yeah, I'm betting that if he could get a do-over, he would find some reason to back out in the primaries. This being President cannot be a fun time for him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies