Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 10:01 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I defended it? Nah, I pointed out the facts & called out the poster claiming Canada is lost because of this incident. That's ridiculous & overly dramatic, period.
The way the story is presented and the fact that the entire festival, tax payer funded, try to portray the anti-racist as a racist clearly shows that this is far more than just "a single person" being racist. Its clear there are some sick issues going on when this is allowed to happen and not condemned in the strongest possible way. You know full well that this would never fly if the roles were reversed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 10:03 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Yep, the artist and the festival were wrong. Point blank, if I were at a festival, and someone told me to give up my space at the front for another race, or even for the fan of another band, I'd tell them to ****-off.
No one can change how others behave, we can only change how we react.

Racists will always be racists. If you don't fight back, then you would always be bullied.

So yes, I agree with you. I would have done the same thing.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:04 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I defended it? Nah, I pointed out the facts & called out the poster claiming Canada is lost because of this incident. That's ridiculous & overly dramatic, period.
They are lost. They are so far in the SJW weeds it's disgusting. Every institution up there follows the SJW doctrine just like the big sisters that they want to be like. Europe.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:05 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If that person wanted to move to the back, it is his/her choice.
they didn't want to move to the back, so they were kicked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You know full well that this would never fly if the roles were reversed.
let's see:
nutbar 'singer' demands black/brown people move to the back so whites can move to the front.

a black or brown person refuses to move back, and gets kicked out of the venue..

venue apologizes for black/brown eject person's 'racism'.

heads would assplode.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:08 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The way the story is presented and the fact that the entire festival, tax payer funded, try to portray the anti-racist as a racist clearly shows that this is far more than just "a single person" being racist. Its clear there are some sick issues going on when this is allowed to happen and not condemned in the strongest possible way. You know full well that this would never fly if the roles were reversed.
It barely seems to be an issue at all. I see very little coverage or discussion of the incident on Google. Canadians must not think anything noteworthy happened.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:09 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,692,780 times
Blacks are continually bringing up the issue of racism over everything and anything.
By doing so they distance themselves from an integrated society more than any other factor. Protests, i.e, NFL, has now made racists of people who were liberals and supported black causes in the past. Many people look at black professionals like doctors, etc., as been given a preference over other races simply because they are black and thereby questioning their ability.

I think one of the fastest growing groups are Hispanics. Why don't we hear complaints for them? Same goes for Asians and others.

Society is growing tired of the black boy who cries wolf.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:12 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
^^^ The singer is Columbian Canadian.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:21 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I guess the North was overtly racist in the Civil War for demanding the South give up its overt racism?
Do you know anything about the Civil War? Go read a book.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:33 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
This story is incomplete.

After the artist invited brown people to the front; the story says a number of folks reacted with overt racism.
It would appear to me that the overt racism does NOT refer to their refusal to move but to actions or comments.
But it looks like the story has fluffed and is NOT reporting the exact nature of that racism.

So it is really two stories.

1 an artist over compensates and stupidly asks brown people to come to the front...(yep she was stupid)

2 some folk object but get racist doing it.(this is the part that is not clear)

The company releasing the statement appear to have ducked this up and made it worse by not clarifying exactly what these 'racist" folk did that was racist. If it was just refusing to move, well those white racists should bring a full bore lawsuit for defamation or whatever a lawyer can drum up. And if the so called "racist" actually did act out in a racist manner the artist and the company should make it clear exactly what happened.

this story was PURPOSELY vague when it comes to the exact nature of the racism...

Old 10-31-2017, 10:39 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,142,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turthist View Post
WOW JUST WOW!! Now if it was reversed you'd never here the end of it!!

Halifax music festival apologizes for ‘overt racism’ after volunteer refuses to give spot near stage to women of colour | National Post

Liberalism preaches tolerance on their terms only! Minorities are taught racism, whites are taught that they are racist
The White woman who refused to move was a volunteer, meaning she probably didn't pay to get in.

If a band asks a volunteer to make room for paying customers, for whatever reason, move, only a douchebag would refuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies