Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 01:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
The thing I find interesting is the folks on the right who are crying a river of crocodile tears for how Bernie was treated. They don't give a damn about him, other than as a cudgel with which to beat up on Democrats.
I posted the article. I supported Sanders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Isn't this the same lady who was guilty of handing questions to Clinton?

Did she give her the right questions? LOL Sounds like she was trying to sabbotage Clinton. A tangled web for sure.
She gave her the right questions and I address this where I noted it doesn't excuse her cheating for Hillary.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:31 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Really - she seems to leave out her missteps...

Don't fall for Donna Brazile's teary-eyed 2016 DNC tell-all

Also notable is what’s missing from Brazile’s story. There are no mentions, for example, of her personal involvement in tilting the Democratic primary in Clinton’s favor. There are also no mentions of Brazile’s brazen lies after it was revealed she fed debate questions to the former secretary of state.

Brazile claimed she was distraught when she discovered the Clinton campaign had financially gutted the DNC, and that leadership appeared to be complicit in this. Brazile also writes that she was very sad when she had to call Sanders to tell him she believed the Clinton campaign had indeed acted unethically during the primary.

This is pretty rich considering Brazile personally contributed to rigging things in Clinton’s favor during the Democratic primaries. Brazile spent weeks lying about it. None of this is mentioned in her story as it appeared Thursday in Politico, obviously, because this isn’t about telling the truth. It’s about saving face.

DNC interim-chair denies she fed Clinton questions ahead of CNN town hall

Donna Brazile finally admits she shared debate questions with Clinton campaign

New email shows Donna Brazile leaked a second debate question to Clinton campaign

Brazile: 'My conscience is very clear' about CNN question sharing

Read the bold of my comment and then get back to me.

I stated that Brazile is a party liner. She does what is necessary for her beloved party.

Of course she would do whatever it took to get her nominee the best showing she could. She loves her party and wants her party to win.

None of what you posted contradicts what I said. It is politics. Brazile is party and politics through and through.

ETA: even though I don't like political parties, again, I admire them in a way. I especially enjoy public officials and people who work in politics. They are very interesting people and characters and it is interesting from a sociological perspective to observe them and understand what gets them going. Brazile did whatever she could or had to do to give her nominee the best shot. She felt Hillary had a better shot than Bernie as well. So one cannot conflate the issues she is involved in with the fact that she also did not agree with the mismanagement of funds of the DNC.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:32 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Maybe the Democratic Party is finally ready to stop being "The Clinton Party". That would be wonderful.
My issue is that it is going to turn worse, to the Warren Party.

I do not like Hillary at all, I voted for her because I did not like Trump's unpredictability (which ringed true), but the party going way to the left with the likes of Warren and what ever other radical pops up is something I do not like.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:32 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Corruption just EVERYWHERE coming out nowadays. Whether by accident or on purpose, Mr. Trump really is draining the SWAMP.

Just corrupt politics - outside countries paying lobbyists to influence our own government officials - and THIS is the government gun grabbers want us to turn our guns over to???

Not going to happen. They are so dirty and corrupt - the Deep State is just so toxic.

NEVER give up your Second Amendment gun ownership rights, good men and women of America, to this corrupt government that every day is working against our own interests.
>>>> Best post of the thread.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:38 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Read the bold of my comment and then get back to me.

I stated that Brazile is a party liner. She does what is necessary for her beloved party.

Of course she would do whatever it took to get her nominee the best showing she could. She loves her party and wants her party to win.

None of what you posted contradicts what I said.

Your prior post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Will note after reading more of the thread and people bashing Brazile, that I've always liked her. She is truly "down" for her party, which is why I noted what I did in post 147. Even though I'm not a a member of a political party, I do respect that when they are running well and coherently they can get things done.

I think most of you salivating over this from a conservative/GOP perspective are missing the gist of what I stated in 147. Donna Brazile is a party liner - she does what is necessary for her party. I respect her for that. Due to the bold, she put this piece out right now in order to restructure her beloved party and sweep out the old and welcome the new. She also embraced the cause of Bernie in this piece, which the party can use to bring in more millenials and gen Z to bolster the Dems chances come 2018 and 2020.

This was a political strategy. Brazile is a strategist and manager for the party. It will be interesting to see what occurs in the DNC over the next 6 months as we lead up to the mid-term elections since this piece by her echoes a lot of the sentiments of the people I know who are DNC delegates and party members - that they need to stop letting these old fogeys be the face of the DNC and they need to come together again in the near future. This is a very interesting time IMO politically for Democrats.
I was referring to the underlined.

I thought she may have had enough and confessed the truth, but there's a book to be sold, and the neglecting of her own role in this.

She may have been appalled at what he found, but she did her part as well.

In other words, while she is putting this out there - if she had to lie and cheat again, she probably would.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:39 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I posted the article. I supported Sanders.
I know you did. I wasn't talking about you, at least not in that post. I did think of you immediately when I was talking about states Bernie could have won, that Hillary lost.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:42 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Donna Brazile throws Hillary under the bus.

Its called dirty girl road kill. Only a vulture would pull it off the road into a ditch. Clintons are done in politics all except the crying. What Happened

Old 11-02-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Donna Brazile throws Hillary under the bus.

Its called dirty girl road kill. Only a vulture would pull it off the road into a ditch. Clintons are done in politics all except the crying. What Happened
You do have to give the (D)'s credit here. I didn't think they would actually bury her. One has to wonder when more #metoo women are going to come out and accuse Bill.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:04 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Your prior post...

I was referring to the underlined.

I thought she may have had enough and confessed the truth, but there's a book to be sold, and the neglecting of her own role in this.

She may have been appalled at what he found, but she did her part as well.

In other words, while she is putting this out there - if she had to lie and cheat again, she probably would.
On the bold, of course she would!

The underline portion of my comment is specific to the bold I created myself. She will do whatever necessary for the party. I respect people who are dedicated like she is and they intrigue me.

I've worked with a lot of politicians and they are a different breed of folks. Them and business executives are similar to me, which is why I always find it funny when some people view industry and businessmen/women as somehow "better" than politicians and elected officials. Both groups are ambitious and cut throat and they sell a product - politicians though mostly sell themselves and/or their party. Brazile is no different. She's a smart cookie IMO.

ETA: The people behind the politicians are usually worse than the actual public servant/politician themselves BTW. Donna Brazile is one of those people - the person behind the scenes who is super cut throat. FWIW the latter (people worse than the politicians) is the reason why I don't buy into a lot of the castigating of the actual candidates or people in power. Hillary was not as bad as the people in her camp IMO as an individual. I don't even think Trump is all that bad compared to the people around him. I've seen these people work who are in the background. They are pieces of work and will ruin careers and lives if they feel threatened or feel it is necessary - the good ones that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies