Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 12:10 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,172,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
You get $1600 per kid now instead of $1000.
That's not an exemption that's the child tax credit and that gets phased out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 12:12 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,153,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
You get $1600 per kid now instead of $1000.
only for the poor

Old 11-03-2017, 12:13 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,117,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The left just needs reasons to whine, even if its based upon lies..
It is true -- we should read the plan for ourselves. I will admit my reaction was purely to the bragging of Ryan and Trump

A whomping 1200 for a family of 4 in year.

23.07/week
- less than 4.00/day

That is going to do nothing to 'ease' economic struggles.

Let' not pretend it is a big money grab for folks......let's just say -- it's a nominal tax break for some and really is about corporate tax relief and getting rid of the estate tax.

Nobody is talking about the ridiculous claims of 'great tax plan for middle income' -- when it means 4.00 a day for a family of 4.
AND -- as someone whose family income is more than 59K -- I'm not fool -- It means if they are getting 1200 a year -- I won't be getting half of that.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,255,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It is true -- we should read the plan for ourselves. I will admit my reaction was purely to the bragging of Ryan and Trump

A whomping 1200 for a family of 4 in year.

23.07/week
- less than 4.00/day

That is going to do nothing to 'ease' economic struggles.

Let' not pretend it is a big money grab for folks......let's just say -- it's a nominal tax break for some and really is about corporate tax relief and getting rid of the estate tax.

Nobody is talking about the ridiculous claims of 'great tax plan for middle income' -- when it means 4.00 a day for a family of 4.
AND -- as someone whose family income is more than 59K -- I'm not fool -- It means if they are getting 1200 a year -- I won't be getting half of that.
See, look, more whining.. $1200 for a family in cuts and the lefts whining..

Which is it, these people are getting screwed, or they are getting $1200?

Old 11-03-2017, 12:19 PM

32,832 posts, read 19,552,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
no they don't you are making that up. Why is it when you lose an argument you resort to this type of nonsense. it fools nobody...

to claim the "libs" believe xyz requires it be a mainstream accepted policy. Not some guy you once argued with on the internet..

otherwise i get to claim conservatives believe we need to bring back a eugenics program... (cause one dude here was claiming it last week)

see how this works workingclasshero...?

wow do you where the liberfool blinders or what

oh so are you saying that VP Biden blogs on here???

Senator Biden said tax relief should only go to "middle class people -- people making under 150,000 dollars a year"

Quote:
Joe Biden: "Spreading the wealth was not--he was talking about is all of the tax breaks have gone to the very, very wealthy. For example you have right now, this year, under the old tax policy that was just -- that was put in by George Bush, people making an average 1.4 million a year, good people, decent people, patriotic -- they're going to get an $87 billion tax break. What we're saying is that $87 billion tax break doesn't need to go to people making an average of 1.4 million, it should go like it used to. It should go to middle class people -- people making under $150,000 a year." (Joe Biden, Interview With WNEP Scranton, 10/27/08)

Old 11-03-2017, 12:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,790,400 times
Quote:
its not my fault you think the tax code makes you profitable.. Thats 100% what you said..
Your words, not mine. You typically fail to understand what people say, so you re-word their comments, and then claim your version is 100% what they said. It's a lie. You have a long and well documented history of doing that.

Having said that, it is obvious that many S-Corp owners will opt for full time employment as opposed to being small businesses when the tax hikes like these makes it more profitable to be an employee. In IT industry lot of people are small businesses because it has been more profitable, but if they hike your taxes by $10K it might tip the scales, and they will say "the hell with it" to being a small business. In other words, they are taxed out of their business. This is what this bill will do to many S-Corps.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:20 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,895,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
So much disinformation in here. Now the same predictable posters in here are saying small business will suffer from a Tax reduction from 40% to 25%. I would advise not reading this forum if your looking for facts

You really have to read the plan yourself to form an objective opinion on it and ignore all the noise from people pushing their own agendas. If this was a democrat plan many of the people in here would be praising it.
a lot of us are Republicans complaining about our taxes being raised. About to be former Republicans I might add.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:

I know reading comprehension is a lost art -- but what am I whining about. I'm whining abecause Trump and Ryan make it sound like this tax break is AMAZING.

It isn't -- it's crumbs. You know it, I know it...so don't pretend it is what it is.

I clearly have stated that's the problem I have. They think we are stupid -- maybe some are -- but I'm not.

This is not a great taX reform for individuals. It just isn't.

If you think it is great -- good for you. Do you plan to bank all the extra cash you will be getting or invest it.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:

The reality is though -- the rest of us are going to get screwed. Again you know that.

For the record...my criticism isn't because I voted against Trump. I voted against Trump because I've hated him for years. He's the lowest of the low in my book and I would nevere vote for him no matter what party he decides to run under.

I'm fiscally more conservative than you are. I usually am a nickel and dime kind of gal.

Yes every little bit helps -- but don't tell me it's a BIG break when its crumbs. That's just lying.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:26 PM

32,832 posts, read 19,552,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, most people don't have the time to wade through 500 pages of legal text.

Small business is a loophole? For many people it is the only way to make a living.

99% of the liberal posters on here that support higher min wage..will say, small business makehigh percentage in profit....

mean while you and I know that most small business are in the 5% or less in profit

raising the min wage will HURT small business
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies