Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 09:17 AM

5,718 posts, read 6,472,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I'll make this VERY simple:

If the investigations prove that Donald Trump and/or people around him are guilty of a crime, I want them all to go to jail.

If the investigations prove that Hillary Clinton and/or people around her are guilty of a crime, I want them all to go to jail.

Agree or disagree??
Disagree. I don't want to see either one go to jail. We've never been the type of country to jail our leaders and we are on a dangerous path if we become that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 09:44 AM

25,786 posts, read 17,549,673 times
Quote:

If the investigations prove that Donald Trump and/or people around him are guilty of a crime, I want them all to go to jail.

If the investigations prove that Hillary Clinton and/or people around her are guilty of a crime, I want them all to go to jail.

Agree or disagree??
Disagree.
Not all crimes are punishable by prison time.
And Bill Clinton darned near got himself removed from office, but was never threatened with jail time.

Probably ought to stay away from making politics and law "very simple", cause it ain't.
Football is simple. Stick with that.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:59 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,663,216 times
Quote:

Agree or disagree??
Agree

Whoever is dirty dealing needs to pay the price.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:19 AM

16,222 posts, read 11,414,202 times
And if Antifa, BLM, and OWS defy the law en masse? Are we to continue to allow them to practice their thug "strategy" at will?

Old 11-03-2017, 11:22 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,483,173 times
agree 100%

Old 11-03-2017, 11:23 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,666,825 times
Quote:

Agree or disagree??
Agree on all.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:24 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,483,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Disagree. I don't want to see either one go to jail. We've never been the type of country to jail our leaders and we are on a dangerous path if we become that.
Why is that dangerous? Nobody is supposed to be above the law. Anything that we can go to jail for they should too. It would set a very dangerous precedent if we allow our government to break laws with impunity. You think Trump is a Fascist? Wait until you see what they become if we allow this.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I take offense at the derogatory word "Trumpers". So I'm not going to agree or disagree.
Have you ever used derogatory terms for Democrats or Republicans?

Old 11-03-2017, 11:28 AM

52,475 posts, read 53,034,356 times
Quote:

Agree or disagree??
Agreed. These guys need to accountable. I've had it with politicians doing whatever the hell they want without repercussions.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I do feel like there is some of this going on. First was Nixon. Then there was Clinton -payback for Nixon. Then there was the endless investigation of a different Clinton and now we have Trump.

Have we criminalized the practice of politics?

I don't know anymore.

I think if someone wanted to prosecute the Russia/Uranium deal - it should have been done in real time and not 7 years later.

IF someone like Podesta was involved in criminal dealings in the recent past - go for it.

But where does this end?

Our government is corrupt to the core. That's the problem. We need to fire the lobbyists and limit the amount of money big corporations can donate - it's not government 'by the people and for the people'; it's government for the highest bidder.

It's wrong.

Vote them all out and start over I say and that includes any Democrats who are too busy taking big money rather than worry about the people.
Vote them all out and implement term limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies