Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 07:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Do you think the Rich are stupid? One of these days they'll get tired of of paying and flush the toilet. It'll make the Warsaw Uprising look like a picnic
The Jews were not heavily armed, waited too long, and did not have any military resources, very different scenarios, After the initial fight I would expect something more along the lines of a Vietnam, sooner or later they made their goal against a Super Power, it was a forgone outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 07:03 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don't begrudge someone who builds a business, or is otherwise gainfully employed, reaping the benefits of their hard work and/or good fortune. But when they get to the point where most of their income is from investments (interest and dividends) why should they pay only 15% in tax? Why should capital gains be taxed differently from regular income?
I don't either. However, I DO have a problem with businesses who depend on the government to subsidize the wages they pay to their employees via food stamps, housing assistance etc.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:06 PM

If we were really paid according to the energy we put into our work, our society would look totally different.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Do you think the Rich are stupid? One of these days they'll get tired of of paying and flush the toilet. It'll make the Warsaw Uprising look like a picnic
So what do you suggest? Keep licking their boots so they don't hurt us?

Old 11-03-2017, 07:19 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So what do you suggest? Keep licking their boots so they don't hurt us?
US? Don't lump me in with that bunch. I could give two craps who has more money than me or how they got it......

Old 11-03-2017, 07:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yes but they didn't make money because of any skill, merely based on who they were, not any skill. Paris became a model not because of skill, but because Trump saw her at some charity event. She became famous on a public image of being a party girl, even before the sex tape. Kim K, started out fame as a friend of Paris, not as a model. She became one AFTER this and her sex tape. Note, these come from your Wikipedia sources...
thats right dont give them any credit for any kind of accomplishment, just because you hate them for what ever reason. it still takes great effort to be a runway model, and to rise to the top of that profession.

and yes i read the source page i linked to. in the end these people saw an opportunity and took it, and now people like you are jealous of their success in their line of business.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:43 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times
Yep, the rich definitely don't need a tax break for their Tesla toys.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:46 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
Being wealthy and successful usually comes with some type of sacrifice and hard work. More power to them.
That's extremely naive.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
US? Don't lump me in with that bunch. I could give two craps who has more money than me or how they got it......
Unless you are one of them, yeah you're one of us.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:54 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I applaud and congratulate the wealthy who earned it the old fashioned way: by building a business, hiring people and innovating products. What I despise are the wealthy who want money the easy way by "rent seeking." Economists define "rent seeking" as those who attempt to accumulate money by hiring lobbyists to go to Washington and get special tax treatments, loopholes, subsidies, etc. Rent seekers get money without contributing to the productive economy, it's literally rigging the system.
You know what encourages the rent seekers? Big government and lots of regulations. Why? Because it's a lot harder to succeed with all that red tape and/or if you get in tight with government you can use that relationship to strangle the competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies