Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2017, 06:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,400,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Sweden doesn't have mass shootings in movie theatres, churches, schools, concerts, etc. every day. It's not just the gangs. Australia had a mass shooting in 1996 and then heavily restricted gun use/ownership. They haven't had a mass shooting since. Doesn't mean they won't at some point, but clearly it works.
"Mass shooting" is not a universally accepted definition. I thought we went over this earlier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,547 posts, read 9,960,751 times
So the liberal nut jobs kill ~60 innocent country music fans, then attack Rand Paul and now they’re shooting up churches? Scary times.

33,942 posts, read 22,569,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
It is sad, but it's also true.

I'm 57, and over most of my life there have been points where I've added levels of being desensitized. I'm not sure what it means. Does it make me a cold person to say I don't care anymore (even though I do)? I've given into the fact that there are more risks than just driving. I can't worry about "wrong place wrong time" because if it happens I wouldn't be prepared anyways.

None of those folks were prepared because in church - you sit with your back to the door. It was over in 15 seconds according to one witness.

But I know exactly what you mean. Just another day in the US. I remember Columbine and how shocked I was. It's no longer shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
5 year old pregnant women, elderly, young people and parents. It is disgusting. The Second Amendment has become a curse on our nation like slavery was. Enough with the prayers. Enough with the memorials and the speeches. If it is the Second Amendment that aids in the murder of innocents and rips apart our sense of security - even in houses of worship - then it needs to be similarly abolished.
The pastor's own 14 year old daughter is among the dead. No more thoughts and prayers. God was with them; they were in church. Congress and our lawmakers were not.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,569,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
So the liberal nut jobs kill ~60 innocent country music fans, then attack Rand Paul and now they’re shooting up churches? Scary times.
This is a lie.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:28 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,791,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
"Mass shooting" is not a universally accepted definition. I thought we went over this earlier?
What do other countries call gunning down lots of people in short order? Rifle cleansing? A purge?

Old 11-05-2017, 06:28 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,135,017 times
Most countries when these atrocities occurred in thier countries banned ownership of weapons. The US does not. Its just math.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:29 PM

30,317 posts, read 23,796,575 times
The good news is that someone there, in the state of TX, was allowed to carry and was able to scare off the idiot shooter.

THIS is why we are against liberals idiotic screeches for gun control. Had that person not been able to carry, more, if not all, inside that church, would have been killed.

Not that I ever expect a dumbass leftie to understand the significance of that.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
None of those folks were prepared because in church - you sit with your back to the door. It was over in 15 seconds according to one witness.

But I know exactly what you mean. Just another day in the US. I remember Columbine and how shocked I was. It's no longer shocking.

The pastor's own 14 year old daughter is among the dead. No more thoughts and prayers. God was with them; they were in church. Congress and our lawmakers were not.
Columbine was really the first prolific mass-shooting most people remember here. It just continues to get much more common since then.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The good news is that someone there, in the state of TX, was allowed to carry and was able to scare off the idiot shooter.
Oh goody! Only 26 dead and 24 injured. Glad he came in the knick of time!

Quote:
THIS is why we are against liberals idiotic screeches for gun control. Had that person not been able to carry, more, if not all, inside that church, would have been killed.
It's a tiny church, pretty much every single person in the church was shot.

Quote:
Not that I ever expect a dumbass leftie to understand the significance of that.
People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
It is the fact that it is a dishonorable discharge that makes it a felony. Lesser charges would likely be reduced and end up Other Than Honorable or a plea agreement that changes the discharge to something less than a dishonorable.
It was not the case with Berghdal. His violation was not a felony, but a violation of military rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies