Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 07:45 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,544,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
He was hooking up the young Aryan girls and the German soldiers in a breeding program. They would come home pregnant from "camp".
At camp? Well, I tried as best I could. No results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 07:54 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,520,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually the US did a lot of this, even before the Nazi's did. You should study our history sometime.
No kidding!

A SHORT HISTORY OF US GOVERNMENT RESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE

America has been veeeeery busy on the "atrocities committed upon it's own people" not to mention it's sponsoring of population control methods in other countries.

"1996: In testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in June 1996, Christine de Vollmer, president of the Latin America Alliance for the Family, said that Latin America perceives Timothy Wirth, Undersecretary of State and top official in charge of U.S. population control policy, as "a ruthless population controller, unashamed of coercive measures and disrespectful" of the human rights of people, particularly women, in developing countries.
Brazilian senator Rosiska Darcy de Olivera condemned the United States for its population programs, which force Brazilian women to undergo sterilization, saying: "To say that women from the South who have many babies are responsible for the environmental crisis -- it's a scandal."

Old 11-08-2017, 07:58 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,391,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No kidding!

A SHORT HISTORY OF US GOVERNMENT RESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE

America has been veeeeery busy on the "atrocities committed upon it's own people" front.
Yes, the people doing this in the US were the progressives and the Nazis viewed them very favorably and got many of their ideas regarding cleansing and and eugenics from American progressives.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:02 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,770,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You're missing the point. Reporting the genetic issues beforehand is very Nazi like.
No it isn't

Old 11-08-2017, 08:03 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,391,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
No it isn't
What a fine argument!

Old 11-08-2017, 08:03 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,841,264 times
Well one is driven by individual choice and the other was imposed via an authoritarian government. Nope, don't see the relation.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:06 AM

26,002 posts, read 22,198,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A fetus with Down syndrome is a much better reason than most for an abortion.
See I don't agree, and many others support my belief not only in the value of someone with Down syndrome, like my adult son with DS (adopted as an infant) but in the value of a life in general despite how some might feel. We made an informed choice to parent a child with Down syndrome, and many others wait for their chance to parent a child with Down syndrome.

Home - NDSAN

Judging the quality of someone else's life? You might want to hear it from they type of someone that one feels might have been better off denied life outside the womb:

‘My Life is Worth Living’: Man with Down Syndrome Delivers Powerful Message Before Congress – Faithwire

I have had the pleasure of knowing a handful of people with Down syndrome. It is heartbreaking for me to see disregard for their lives. It is my hope though that if we can educate people, more babies will be saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And? Who is the government to demand that parents raise a special needs child? That is a challenge many are not up to.
Agree, thus adoption. Many people are up to the "challenge" and through adoption, the child will not be denied their life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I thought we were pretty much doing the same thing.
Ohio is trying to get, but I don't think they will, protections for babies with Down syndrome still in the womb: https://onenewsnow.com/pro-life/2017...odyqckjg.email The referenced adoption exchange for babies/children with Down syndrome is in Ohio and also the group, excellent for information on Down syndrome: Home - Down Syndrome Association

Check the "Mental Health" and "Psychology" sections here at C-D and across the internet, and then someone tell me why the quality of life for someone with Down syndrome makes it preferable that their lives be terminated in the womb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjh2bw0ydAg

Old 11-08-2017, 08:17 AM

13,703 posts, read 9,034,620 times
It is all sad. I recall, in my youth (early 70s), knowing a man with Down's Syndrome named Bill. I was 17 or so, and he was early 30s. He lived at home with his parents, and spent his days riding his bike and wearing his helmet. A sweet person, but incapable of caring for himself in any meaningful way.

When I read about this genetic disorder, as now, I wonder what ever happened to Bill. If his parents are both dead (since 40+ years have passed, probably a good bet), and if he had no other family members to take him in (he was an only child), I suppose he ended up in a home for special needs individuals (if he survived his parents; he would be in the 70s now, so perhaps he has ridden his beloved bike off into the hereafter).

Bill was lucky in being able to live with his parents. I once, while living in Denton for college, went by the Denton State School to see about a job. The lady I interviewed with took me on a quick tour of the place. She did not want for me to commit to a job without seeing some of the patients.

I was appalled at what I saw. People usually speak of Down's syndrome, but there are other genetic disorders that make Down's seem like a summer cold.

I saw children and adults that no parent could be equipped, emotionally or otherwise, to properly care for. Some patients were 'alive' in that they had breath in their body, but little other functioning. Since this was around 1976, the patients I saw were born prior to Roe v. Wade (1972), as well as prior to the genetic testing that women may now undergo. No doubt, if those women had the right to abort during the 1960s or before, they would probably had chosen that route. I would not have condemned them for doing so.

I did not take the job. The lady was very wise to make applicants see some of the patients.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:06 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,023,100 times
Abortion is legal as long as is in the no questions asked time window it is what is. Are you saying that you can abort past the first trimester if the fetus has DS. I dont know that i would be ok with that.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:30 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,770,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
What a fine argument!
thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies