Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 05:38 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Ethics and morality are not the same. Jesus opposed denying people in need shelter and safety. In fact, it's one of the pinnacles of Jewish teaching.

You can argue it's a flaw with the way our government is set up, but it doesn't make it immoral to offer refugees in war-torn countries sanctuary here. In fact, it's a very Christian thing to do just that.
I knew that would be your response! You claimed the GOP is morally bankrupt based on this piece of news. So, you do consider sexual assault to be 'morals', but you don't consider stealing 'morals'?

And, religious rhetoric doesn't work with me, as I'm an agnostic, opposed to all forms of fundamental thought, religious and political. Your comments have shown you're wedded to your partisan politics, which is exactly the same behavior and mentality a person like Roy Moore displays.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:38 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You just don't want to acknowledge that it happens. What if your daughter was sexually assaulted or harassed? What kind of proof would you demand then?
Of course it happens, and of course people also falsely accuse.

What if your son were accused and there was no evidence?

Old 11-09-2017, 05:40 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
sure- I'm sure you argue the same for the Clintons, right?
Has Moore paid a nearly million dollar settlement like Bill Clinton?

Old 11-09-2017, 05:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What did those 30 people specifically say?
If you want to become Editor of the WaPo you can probably find out....

But usually these things work like this. The girl obviously told quite a few people in the hours and days afterwards - these are probably mostly family and friends. It is possible she told a therapist or a priest.

So they find these sources and confirm what they heard.....and see if they all line up.

In general, if more than 1/2 a dozen separate sources (who didn't talk to each other in the days prior), it makes for some damaging testimony.

But with Mitch saying he's going to have to step down if there is any truth......you don't have to worry much. The GOP is going tank this guy.....as they should, just for him being him.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:42 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I'm just waiting for the R's to flock to this post and accuse it of being a smear job...
here I am.
all you have to do to be accused of rape is be a republican and run for office.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:42 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Not at all, so very easy to do.

Not unlike the racist graffiti we so often hear about only to discover the graffiti was done by the "victim" of the racist attack.

If you were 50 and I'm 30 all I have to do to completely destroy your life is to make the claim that you put the moves on me 17 years ago when I was 13 and you were 33. If I could find a photo of your living room, perhaps a Christmas morning photo taken in 2000, all I have to do is describe the furniture and you are toast. Life as you know it with your spouse, relatives, friends and co-workers would be over because any defense you make will fall on deaf ears.

It feels like the 1980's and early 90's when we were dealing with the McMartin Pre-School and the Wenatchee child abuse prosecutions of the early 90's. Lives were destroyed, families torn apart on total lies about everything. Oh, and don't forget about the Duke Lacrosse rape case that practically destroyed the lives of a number of young men one of which was never even there.

Today's political climate reminds me of the era of U.S. Diplomacy and Yellow Journalism, 1895–1898 that was instrumental in getting us involved in the Spanish American War. Everything based on lies but people believed it because it was in the newspaper.

The big problem is the best people will refuse to get involved in politics in order to avoid the possibility of being targeted and we'll be left with the Anthony Weiner types because they really don't care.
I am just old enough to remember the McMartin trial, and the woman who made the accusations was mentally ill. I think this woman is definitely not

Old 11-09-2017, 05:43 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems to be " the thing" right now. One can allege anything about anyone.
Unless he has a birthmark where the sun doesn't shine, and she knows it, there's no way she can prove it. Likewise, no way he can prove he did.
I believe Moore is a whack job, based on his words and choices.
I am howeve, neutral on this allegation. Maybe he did. Maybe not.
Why would she say it, she can't profit from it. It is not prosecutable and it has passed the statute of limitations for a civil lawsuit and it's not like she's liberal trying to get Roy Moore, she's a registered republican and she voted for Trump. She told two friends when it happened, and told her mother a decade later. And she did not go out looking for someone to run the story, she was contacted about it by the Washington Post.

"Neither Corfman nor any of the other women sought out The Post. While reporting a story in Alabama about supporters of Moore’s Senate campaign, a Post reporter heard that Moore allegedly had sought relationships with teenage girls. Over the ensuing three weeks, two Post reporters contacted and interviewed the four women. All were initially reluctant to speak publicly but chose to do so after multiple interviews, saying they thought it was important for people to know about their interactions with Moore. The women say they don’t know one another."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.adcbc6061ffb

Old 11-09-2017, 05:43 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

But with Mitch saying he's going to have to step down if there is any truth......you don't have to worry much. The GOP is going tank this guy.....as they should, just for him being him.
This is the money shot.

Mitch is taking the guy. Mitch planted the s tory

Old 11-09-2017, 05:45 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Of course it happens, and of course people also falsely accuse.
What if your son were accused and there was no evidence?
Sorry Pedro..I asked first, what if your daughter was abused or molested and she had no proof, you can't dodge that by asking me a question, nice try though

Old 11-09-2017, 05:49 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,693,567 times
The one thing that troubles me most about these accusations of twenty years or more is why weren't they addressed at the time of the incident? The police are well aware of how human memory works and strive to questioned witnesses as soon as possible. All these vintage charges seem to aimed at those in high office or top money.
Perhaps their memories have been stirred by the scent of greenbacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies