Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 07:51 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,727,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
This is my experience as a social worker, working with the victims of sexual assault.

No wonder Trump is such a fan of Roy Moore. Birds of a feather. Those p***y grabbers have to stick together.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if men started coming forward claiming Roy Moore assaulted them when they were boys. Moore's extreme, vocal homophobia is suspect.
WHY are they so reluctant to discuss it?!! I don't think that I will ever understand that

Old 11-09-2017, 08:10 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I have a problem believing people when they makes claims that something happened decades ago and cannot provide factual proof to prove their claim. Anyone can make claims, but that does not make it true. Not saying her claim is untrue, but if she wanted justice she should have reported it then. The statute of limitations has run out so what would the motive be to bring it up now?
With the revelations of Harvey Weinstein coming out, women are finally saying...that was me too, and they are coming out with their stories of abuse and rape. A 14 year old is a child, what what she supposed to do. She was scared and ashamed and probably just wanted to forget it like most do.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:16 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,530,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
<>A 14 year old is a child, what what she supposed to do? She was scared and ashamed and probably just wanted to forget it like most do.
While reading the reports as published I was struck by how much these incidents affected her whole life. She just wanted it to be over, she said. She did discuss it with friends and eventually with her mother. The culture of "forget about it, move on" seems to have come to a halt in the last few days.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:17 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
This is nothing.

Wait until he's seated in the senate.

That would be the worst thing for the future fortunes of the Republicans, to have Moore elected and seated in the Senate and then have the charges brought and successfully prosecuted. But after that, Alabama would just appoint Strange again, to serve until another special election. If Moore gets booted now, the Democrat would have a good chance at winning the seat.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:21 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
While reading the reports as published I was struck by how much these incidents affected her whole life. She just wanted it to be over, she said. She did discuss it with friends and eventually with her mother. The culture of "forget about it, move on" seems to have come to a halt in the last few days.
When you have one brave women speak out then you don't feel alone and will also speak out.

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Friedman would also obviously agree that the Trump tax plan is garbage.

But he's been dead for over a decade.
More importantly, Friedman supported free trade, which conservatives are now against after being for it back in the 70s&80s

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
You need to look up the word. Moore is not accused of that.
The girl was 14, that is pedophilia.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
That would be the worst thing for the future fortunes of the Republicans, to have Moore elected and seated in the Senate and then have the charges brought and successfully prosecuted. But after that, Alabama would just appoint Strange again, to serve until another special election. If Moore gets booted now, the Democrat would have a good chance at winning the seat.

These phony christians on the hard right will vote Moore into the senate is my bet. They'd absolutely vote for a child molester with multiple victims if he's a holier than thou charlatan like they are.

And the GOP senate will accept him. Maybe grudgingly, but he'll be one more vote in a slim GOP majority.

Between this scandal and the treasonous Russiagate, the Pubs are making it clear that they've surrendered to tRumpism and that they're much more partisans, not so much Americans.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
He’s toast. One woman, maybe. But four accusers?

I don’t see him beating this one.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
well if true there may well be a bunch more about to come forward. better if not true, but if it is i hope they come out and say it.

It is great to see these people coming forward, it must be hellish to be abused like this and have no recourse.
And to suffer the effects for 30+ years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies