Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 06:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So you found a song from 50 years ago, great. So tell me would you consent if this was your 14 year old daughter.
Hey, you're back.

So, since you missed it.

What exactly was the accusation from the women who said she dated Moore when she was 18?

Old 11-10-2017, 06:21 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

This is going to be interesting to watch. The GOP is imploding on many fronts right now. The chickens are coming home to roost.
I hope Moore sticks to his guns and insists on running!

You've been in tight spots before Roy ... Show 'em nobody's gonna push you around Roy! You're not a quitter!

'Run Roy ... Run!'

Old 11-10-2017, 06:22 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
That's true in a sense. Easier to be a dem as they make no such claims so they can do their dirty deeds for decades with the blessings of the progressives. Weinstein, Weiner, Spacey, Louis CK, Bill Clinton...etc.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/07/o...-liberals.html

A great article in the NYT, well worth a read and proper consideration.
I could care less who gets taken down including all those in Hollywood, yet here we have people making excuses because of the Bible. I could care less if they are republican or Democrat, these people need to be to be held responsible.

This should not be a partisan issue.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:23 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
NOBODY is saying it was normal or even acceptable for a 32-year-old to chase a 14-year-old.
Jim Zeigler, AL state auditor, is saying it is acceptable. Hope this helps.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:25 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
And once again, we have yet another song written by someone reminiscing about his teenagerhood and the women in it
I see it was written by the Sherman Brothers, a duo who worked for Disney Studios and wrote songs for many famous children's movies. They were at the heart of what was considered wholesome family entertainment 65 years ago. "You're sixteen" is present tense. There's no reason to think it is a song about reminiscing.

Quote:
and some genius here has to come around and claim it's about an older guy wanting young girls. How desperate!
To the original line "You walked out of my dreams and into my arms" Ringo added in the latter part of his version, "You walked out of my dreams and into my car". It is absolutely a song about an older guy with a car picking up a beautiful 16-year-old.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:27 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,530,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I just got around to reading the whole WaPo story and listened to what he said to Hannity. Not a fan of WaPo but it paints a pretty bad picture on Roy Moore.

He is admitting that at least half the story in WaPo is true or he can't remember. At the very least its odd behavior for a 30 something year old attorney to be chasing after teenage girls. And since he has admitted that the encounters with at least two of the girls are true it makes the story told by the 14 year old and her mother more credible.

And this was the 1970's I don't that being normal behavior at that time. At least where I lived.
<>
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman
I just got around to reading the whole WaPo story and listened to what he said to Hannity. Not a fan of WaPo but it paints a pretty bad picture on Roy Moore.

He is admitting that at least half the story in WaPo is true or he can't remember. At the very least its odd behavior for a 30 something year old attorney to be chasing after teenage girls. And since he has admitted that the encounters with at least two of the girls are true it makes the story told by the 14 year old and her mother more credible.

I know Elvis married Priscilla when she was a similar age but Elvis is not running for Senate as the holier than thou person Roy is trying to be.
I see what you did there. Good save.
Moore surely doesn't expect to get away with the "I can't recall, Mr. Chairman" defense, does he?
Let this be a lesson to us all that, as your mother told you, "The Truth will out."

Old 11-10-2017, 06:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I could care less who gets taken down including all those in Hollywood, yet here we have people making excuses because of the Bible. I could care less if they are republican or Democrat, these people need to be to be held responsible.

I agree completely! I have a daughter and I would have been straight to the police if any guy tried to rape her at 14. This is why I don't understand the timing of all this. It makes no sense.

BTW, saying you could care less implies you do care somewhat and COULD care even less.

Last edited by steven_h; 11-10-2017 at 06:59 PM..

Old 11-10-2017, 06:29 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Jim Zeigler, AL state auditor, is saying it is acceptable. Hope this helps.
Oh, good, you found one nutjob. Bravo for you.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:31 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hey, you're back.

So, since you missed it.

What exactly was the accusation from the women who said she dated Moore when she was 18?
There were 3 women that were interviewed so not sure which One you are speaking to but is your point that it is not illegal in her specific case. So that’s your defense, seems to corroborate Corfmans claim that he was trolling for underage girls. How many men do you know with that history.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
The NY Times has an article up right now talking about how Republican senators and their advisers, in a flurry of phone calls, emails and text messages, are discussing fielding a write-in candidate, pushing Alabama's governor to delay the special election, or, if all else fails, refusing to seat Moore in the Senate if he is elected. And given their tiny majority in that chamber, you know they are desperate if they're talking about that. They see the broader danger here as having the party associated with an accused child molester.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/u...epublican.html

I think the GOP would rather give up the seat, even if it means it shrinks their already tiny majority, rather than have the party become known for harboring someone like Moore. The short term gain they would get would not be worth the long term damage to a party already reeling from the damage being done to it by the president.

There isn't enough popcorn in the world for the show the GOP is putting on right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies