Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 10:18 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What they would be is defunded.

https://www.opensecrets.org/parties/...DNC&cycle=2016

As for the working class, people that work for a living generally pay income taxes and are ineligible for the programs Democrats use to bribe the mooch class into voting for them.

These voters, workers, want government to spend less money and stop catering to the habitually unproductive.

As for Democrat's war on working-class whites, good luck getting those votes back from Trump.
The republican tax plan favors the rich and hurts the middle class. It hurts college students who need it the most, not the rich. And it's already been said that some taxes for the middle class will increase. So if working class whites vote for Trump again then it's on them. I don't want to hear any complaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 12:02 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You should listen to some white people who have voted D and would vote D again. They're not racists or homophobes, but they feel like the party has abandoned them by focusing so much on minorities. I fit into those little boxes they put us in and I'm sick of always listening to the SJW outrage machine.
I live in Alabama, I here the conservative White Democrats talk all the time.

Quote:
.............. because they're more interested in a strong economy than where someone pees.
Thats not what we are discussion . As I said, we are talking about economic issues that specifically affect minorities.

If you have a strong economy, but you get fired from a job because you are gay, or a bank wont lend to you because you are black, then the fact that the economy is strong means nothing.

Quote:
You're not helping the situation when you call people racists and homophobes
Here is my problem with you saying that.

In my post, I clearly said people and politicians can multitask and talk about both. You are point blank saying no. Only talk about broad issues.

So im not hurting the issue, you are by playing to the desires of homophobes and racist who dont want to talk about those issues at all because they dont actually want them to be solved.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:11 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH Lets hope that the Reps can retain control. The last thing I want to see are the Dems getting a majority and then the ridiculous calls for impeaching Trump will gain momentum again. It seems like that mantra has taken a back seat recently but if the Dems were back in power I can hear it now "Trump just sneezed and instead of using a tissue he used his sleeve to wipe his nose! He is lowering the respectability of the office and needs to be impeached now!"

BIG UGHHHH..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
If he's still in office 12 months from now.

Impeaching Trump will probably be a moot point, after 12 more months. I predict that either he'll be charged with major corruption or crimes against the country by then or he will become completely unglued on his own and be taken off in a straight-jacket.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:22 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Impeaching Trump will probably be a moot point, after 12 more months. I predict that either he'll be charged with major corruption or crimes against the country by then or he will become completely unglued on his own and be taken off in a straight-jacket.
if Republicans do bad in 2018 the GOP itself will lead impeachment charges

They have him around because their using him, once he's outlived his usefulness they'll discard him like an old rag

Old 11-12-2017, 04:40 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
"no hope of..." say the people who are still crowing about trump winning the election. Some folks just don't learn from history.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:19 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Thats not what we are discussion . As I said, we are talking about economic issues that specifically affect minorities.

If you have a strong economy, but you get fired from a job because you are gay, or a bank wont lend to you because you are black, then the fact that the economy is strong means nothing.
Sure, and a bad economy means everyone is screwed. So focus on the economy and mention supporting non-discrimination policies. Obviously more focus can be placed on the minority issues when addresses those groups specifically.

Quote:
Here is my problem with you saying that.

In my post, I clearly said people and politicians can multitask and talk about both. You are point blank saying no. Only talk about broad issues.

So im not hurting the issue, you are by playing to the desires of homophobes and racist who dont want to talk about those issues at all because they dont actually want them to be solved.
I said no such thing. That is completely, 100% fabricated by you.

You're guilty of doing exactly what turns people off. You invented a position I never even came close to espousing, then immediately started screeching about racists and homophobes. That's exactly what the SJW nutjobs did - vilify anyone who doesn't want to talk about minority issues and be outraged all the time and call them a bigot, even though those people aren't bigots and probably support just about all the actual policy positions that would help minorities.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:05 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH Lets hope that the Reps can retain control. The last thing I want to see are the Dems getting a majority and then the ridiculous calls for impeaching Trump will gain momentum again. ...
Music to my ears

Old 11-12-2017, 12:17 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Among the states with Senate elections in 2018, only one (Nevada) has a Republican running for re-election in a state that voted for Clinton. Compare that with 10 states that voted for Trump and have Democratic senators running in 2018. How many Trump voters in West Virginia, North Dakota, Indiana, Missouri and Montana are going to support re-election of their Democratic senators, when their party been far more inclined to obstruct the president's agenda than to cooperate with his administration?

Something that many are also overlooking from the strong Democratic results in Virginia this week was their nominee's very poor performance in rural areas despite carrying the state. Most of the Trump states are a great deal less metropolitan than Virginia, and even more so less than New Jersey which hardly has any truly rural areas. If rural America is going to vote as a bloc for Republicans to the extent that certain urban demographics do for Democrats, there isn't likely to be a majority blue Senate for a very long time.

Terrific analysis. Mid-terms in disproportionately rural states = Mainstream American issues prevail, with the "Let Johnny go to the bathroom with Joanie crowd" totally ignored.

Dems next shot to add seats is 2022, and they will likely be starting around 40 in the Senate then.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:19 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Terrific analysis. Mid-terms in disproportionately rural states = Mainstream American issues prevail, with the "Let Johnny go to the bathroom with Joanie crowd" totally ignored.

Dems next shot to add seats is 2022, and they will likely be starting around 40 in the Senate then.
How does rural equal mainstream, when the overwhelming majority of Americans live in cities and suburbs now? Explain that one to me, because the way I see it, urbanites and suburbanites are the mainstream now....

Old 11-12-2017, 12:21 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
How does rural equal mainstream, when the overwhelming majority of Americans live in cities and suburbs now? Explain that one to me, because the way I see it, urbanites and suburbanites are the mainstream now....
Mainstream America is the city agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies