Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 12:35 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,145,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
LMAO....people that care about those issues will still vote Democrat.

I mean seriously, if they put those issues on the back-burner you're gonna do what? Vote Republican?

Which takes us back to the old adage "Why by the cow when you get the milk for free?"

P.S. Social progression ALWAYS starts outside of the government, they merely react to it for the votes. If you're confused by this, please note Obama's stance on gay marriage shifting with the opinion polls. (and other presidents too, not just picking on Pres O.

To make real progress on "social issues" you need to influence PEOPLE not the government. You can control the horse, not the cart.

I hope you can see how this leaves people with non-mainstream social issues open to abuse by politicians taking their votes and money and then....no or little action?

House, Senate, Presidency all republican right now huh? Abortion still legal? Gee, why yes it is.

Read this through 2-3 times, it's truth. You want social progress history books lay out the blueprint for you, I can't help if you've been suckered by empty political promises and constructs. But hey, I'm guessing you're a big Rahm Emanuel fan huh?
Nope, I don't like Rahm Emanuel and when I don't like the Democrat candidates I vote independent, not Republican...

Listen, I can care less if my enemies are influenced to except change or not. Not my concern. I'm concerned with things like equal rights under the law and people and groups not being able to "legally" discriminate based on race, religion, ethnicity, etc... Most people evolve, but for those that don't like the white supremacists & their supporters, there needs to be "government" mechanisms in place to protect innocent people from discrimination...

There will always be social issues in our society.. And the righteous people of the world will never sit by while the evil people run & influence this world...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 01:25 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,610,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Impeaching Trump will probably be a moot point, after 12 more months. I predict that either he'll be charged with major corruption or crimes against the country by then or he will become completely unglued on his own and be taken off in a straight-jacket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
if Republicans do bad in 2018 the GOP itself will lead impeachment charges

They have him around because their using him, once he's outlived his usefulness they'll discard him like an old rag

But he's had no usefulness to them at all, up to now. He's damaged their reputation, instead. It doesn't look like that will change. At what point will they decide that he's a worthless drag on them and give him the boot? I doubt that they ever will. It's up to the Justice Dept. to take him down or wait for his personal meltdown, as I predicted.

Old 11-12-2017, 06:48 PM

34,112 posts, read 17,177,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
How does rural equal mainstream, when the overwhelming majority of Americans live in cities and suburbs now? Explain that one to me, because the way I see it, urbanites and suburbanites are the mainstream now....
Rural equal old fashion, mainstream, generation after generation enduring values.

Not fads that last a few years.

In addition, no area is a majority. Suburbia and cities hardly vote alike.

Most Fairfield County ritzy suburbs are diehard RED.

Old 11-12-2017, 06:49 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,658,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Rural equal old fashion, mainstream, generation after generation enduring values.

In case you haven't noticed, rural America is dying and in the minority now, most people don't share those values anymore

Old 11-12-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
In case you haven't noticed, rural America is dying and in the minority now, most people don't share those values anymore
Rural America was the difference in 2016.

Philly didn't make Pa Blue, Detroit didn't make Michigan Blue, Marquette didn't make Wisconsin Blue.

MAGA

Old 11-12-2017, 07:05 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I hope yop are right but, as we saw the last time, do NOT put your money on media "predictions".

Agreed. And n NV Clark county is where the votes are, and they are heavily Dem.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:12 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,340,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

Not Trump red as we saw in the VA governor's race. Louden County (Forbes' richest US county) went overwhelmingly for the democrat. Educated people simply can't vote for that fool and the nutballs who Bannon and the right may nominate. Either they stay away or vote for a moderate dem, if there is one on the ballot.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:31 PM

29,619 posts, read 16,607,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Sure, and a bad economy means everyone is screwed. So focus on the economy and mention supporting non-discrimination policies. Obviously more focus can be placed on the minority issues when addresses those groups specifically.I said no such thing. That is completely, 100% fabricated by you.
In your response to me, you did not say the above, so stop trying to pretend like you did. if you had, we wouldnt be discussing this because we would hold the same position, which is talking about both.

Quote:
You're guilty of doing exactly what turns people off. You invented a position I never even came close to espousing, then immediately started screeching about racists and homophobes. That's exactly what the SJW nutjobs did - vilify anyone who doesn't want to talk about minority issues and be outraged all the time and call them a bigot, even though those people aren't bigots and probably support just about all the actual policy positions that would help minorities.
Im not sure why you are trying to lie to yourself here. your post didnt disappear. If you want to retroactively claim you meant something else, that is fine, but dont pretend like you actually typed that.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:38 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
In your response to me, you did not say the above, so stop trying to pretend like you did. if you had, we wouldnt be discussing this because we would hold the same position, which is talking about both.

Im not sure why you are trying to lie to yourself here. your post didnt disappear. If you want to retroactively claim you meant something else, that is fine, but dont pretend like you actually typed that.
The thread is here for everyone to read.

You ignored what I actually said, invented a position for me, then started screeching about racists and homophones.

Those are just the facts as anyone can see by simply reading what I posted and then reading your response.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Not Trump red as we saw in the VA governor's race. Louden County (Forbes' richest US county) went overwhelmingly for the democrat. Educated people simply can't vote for that fool and the nutballs who Bannon and the right may nominate. Either they stay away or vote for a moderate dem, if there is one on the ballot.

Va is a blue state, just as Ohio is a red state.

Tuesday was not a surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies