Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 10:48 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Because, as most people (including many in this thread), they only complain when a mass shooting happens, they don't care about daily shootings.
Or this is the tipping point for them specifically. Are they going to march on Washington for a daily shooting? No. Maybe recognizing that their whole lives have happened after Columbine finally hit them.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:50 AM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I know the right to self protection outweighs anything you say.
Yeah, yeah, yeah— save the last bullet for yourself, snowflake. Your imaginary enemies are out in the bushes. Gotta go grocery shopping? Better pack some heat. Better strap on some manhood. There might be a fire fight over the strawberries.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:52 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,937 times
The "citizens" who voted for the ban should be the ones to go door to door to make the collections.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:53 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Most people would lie and say "boating accident" or something. That would be the end of it, minus some threats, etc.

The 4th Amendment is pretty clear that government agents aren't allowed to simply enter homes and do whatever they want. And the NY and CT new post-Sandy Hook registration programs had 4% and 8% compliance, respectively. That was just telling them you had a certain type of gun and/or magazine. I would imagine surrender would be even less forthcoming.

Americans with guns are not the weak sheep the government, media and shrieking hysterics would like to think they are. If less than 10% comply with "you must comply with new registration law or else" programs, that should indicate the serious lack of willingness the people have for letting government simply take away their rights. Rubber meets the road and confiscation/seizures begin happening, and you'll be seeing Ruby Ridge and Waco repeated on an all too frequent basis.

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sure it is, you never hear any outrage about 2 children being killed in drive by shootings....local or not.
Really?

"The death of a 7-year-old boy in a drive-by shooting Sunday night evoked outrage from the child's community, the police investigating the crime and the city's mayor, who said the shooter's carelessness turned the city's streets into a “war zone.”"

https://www.news4jax.com/news/crime/...n-jacksonville

Vigil held for 10-year-old boy killed in drive-by shooting | WREG.com

Or are you suggesting that there should be national outrage?
If so, I agree.

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Right, wrong or otherwise, Milennials might be the ones to make some measure of Gun Control a reality once they're old enough to vote, boycott, and lobby. It would be fair to say their generation has witnessed enough of these tragedies over the short span of their lives.

Florida school shooting: Students to march on Washington - BBC News
The generation that eats Tide Pods, wears vagina costumes and throws temper tantrums at 25 is going to actually do something? Well...perhaps growing up and become adults would be nice.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:54 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,112,501 times
I have moved all of my AR rifles and AR pistols and off roster firearms from my California home to my Nevada home. Recently, in California the said AR firearms were required to be voluntarily registered as Assault Rifles, which they are not. Well, it's not difficult to see what my home state of California is attempting to accomplish, if one is to read between the lines.

Moving forward, I was recently on Lake Tahoe with my ARs. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, they all fell into the lake and are unretrievable. I have contacted the proper authorities and reported the unfortunate incident.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What if the Police/ Feds come to take your AR?

Come & Take It!

1776 would commence all over again!

Remember Concord & Lexington?
Remember a little town in Texas. Gonzales?

That has not worked out so well for those wanting to disarm the people.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:56 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
So you don't have one? Check.
More nonsense, which is not surprising. It wasn't my argument nor request. I'm not in your immediate conversation. Thus, I'm not obligated to be drawn into the details of it. Enjoy your conversational partner.

As a rule, I also don't respond to intellectually dishonest replies and taunts along the lines of "Oh, you won't respond because you refuse to jump through meet my rhetorically nonsensical hoops"?

Save it for your 8 year old daughter.

I was merely pointing out the bad faith nature of your request, as this board is in need higher standards of discourse.

With that in mind, I'm sure that the NRA has plenty of citations whose sources you could easily check.

Which is the usual expectation that liberals have of conservatives here for their citations.

"Check".

Old 02-19-2018, 10:57 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
What makes the seizures of guns and bump stocks ect... is that people who abide by the law will be the only ones giving up the AR 15’s and the bump stocks.

I’m not a gun owner nor am I a gun expert. But this just seems really dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies