Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:55 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,855,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Nonsense, it's been all Al and some Tax talk, all day.

Not hearing about is the Ohio Republican that was just ousted after ‘Inappropriate behavior’ with another man.

'Inappropriate behavior' with man in his office led to Ohio lawmaker's ouster - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

See, it goes both ways, doesn't it?

Ousted, eh?

Thanks for reminding us that Republicans get "ousted"--or resign, while Dems continue to serve, then retire of their own volition.

...as opposed to Democrats like Barney Frank, whose personal male hooker was running a friggin' brothel out of Frank's home. And Gerry Studds, who was censured for shenanigans with a 17-year-old page, and who went on to serve another 15 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 01:01 PM

19,700 posts, read 12,275,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Things have changed tremendously in the past 20 years. But in terms of punishing men for things they did decades ago, I think it's important to clarify what you mean by "punishing". Outing what they have done may have consequences, but it's unlikely that any of these men will be prosecuted or fined or jailed. Being exposed for bad behavior may be unpleasant. But what they did to these women was just as unpleasant. And it's very empowering for these women to be able to come forward.

Like you, I'm not planning on coming forward and calling out the men who've done me wrong. Those men aren't notable in any way, and calling them out would be pointless. But if it is someone notable, the accusation will have traction in effecting societal change.
I would be afraid of getting sued just naming them. They messed with me before like I was nothing and they would do it again. They are now successful people in the community, business owners, etc., friends with lawyers and powerful people. I am just a regular nobody they would step on all over again. Some are dead or I assume are dead. They got away with it.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:20 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,969,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Years ago they were young and stupid. They look back and realize they don't want their daughters to be dumb sellouts to grubby old men. It's called maturity.
Not disagreeing with you.

However, they were not assaulted or taken advantage of. To say they were is 100% wrong. They took the trip and the money, and put up with the old men. They KNEW what they were doing. Nobody took advantage of them. Nobody forced them to do anything.

To claim they were harassed when they were 100% willing adult participants is pathetic.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:21 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,460,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

However, they were not assaulted or taken advantage of. To say they were is 100% wrong. They took the trip and the money, and put up with the old men. They KNEW what they were doing. Nobody took advantage of them. Nobody forced them to do anything.

To claim they were harassed when they were 100% willing adult participants is pathetic.
If anyone took advantage, the women did.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:26 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,943,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Same with Menendez. The MSM won't mention his corruption trial AND also the fact he had sex with underage girls too.
Seems to me that the "MSM" is covering Franken's take-down pretty thoroughly. What's your response to that?

Old 11-16-2017, 01:47 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,004,298 times
I have a serious question. What makes a breast grab sexual assault? If I grab your hand it's ok but it I grab a breast it's sexual. What makes it sexual? What if i thought grabbing a hand was sexual?

I've learned that it's only sexual assault if she's not attracted to you.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:48 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,984,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

I agree. A lot of these assault victims are just willing participants who grew up and are embarrassed at their behavior. What they once thought of as ego boosting is now humiliating so they scramble it up in their brain to make it something it was not so they do not have to deal with the shame.

Some of these stories, though, are not that. And those women above do the real women who were sexual assaulted a disservice. MANY really have been abused through no fault. They received no money. They received no favors. They were not willing participants.

The girls who took the money, drugs, social status, ego boost, private plane rides etc with gross old men.. and then 20 years later feel shame from the act of basically selling their bodies for status and money so they change it from willing to unwilling. There are definitely MANY of those out there. Some are my friends.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,969,646 times
I also have no sympathy for the actresses who WILLINGLY (not forced, beaten, raped) and KNOWINGLY did the casting couch in exchange for a job they wanted and then complain they were harassed.

You had a choice: Say yes, I'll do it, and then take the job, or say no and walk away. And then tell everyone about it RIGHT AT THAT TIME. Otherwise you let yourself into that situation, eyes open.

Has anyone heard from an actress that did NOT get a job because she DECLINED unwanted advances?

Old 11-16-2017, 02:58 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,611,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I have a serious question. What makes a breast grab sexual assault? If I grab your hand it's ok but it I grab a breast it's sexual. What makes it sexual? What if i thought grabbing a hand was sexual?

I've learned that it's only sexual assault if she's not attracted to you.
If I grabbed your n uts, would you consider it sexual assault?

Old 11-16-2017, 03:06 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,701,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Seems to me that the "MSM" is covering Franken's take-down pretty thoroughly. What's your response to that?
The MSM needs to fill airtime at low cost. They could care less about the political "side".

So, he laughingly posed with a Hooters Winner who posed naked and who was on the tour due to her sexuality - I have to assume she was a adult also.

Hard to liken this to luring teens to your house....or things of that nature.

Things are not all the same - I was accosted by a man once when I hitchhiked. He put his hand on my groin and pulled mine toward his. I was 15. What should I do?

Or, maybe I should tell the story about being locked in a cell with a gang member from Atlantic City - who told me after the big steel door closed that night he was going to rape me. I told him to leave me alone. He said, if needed, he'd knock me unconscious and THEN "cornhole" me (that must be one jail term for it).....

Lots of stories. So - me too!

Now we can have 10 years of everyone telling their stories...and some trials, and probably some suicides. But I'll bet the Hooters/Naked Woman won't be "hurt much" by the fact the people find out she is into parading around her body for $$$.

I have to admit - the fact that she works for our friends over there - that adds even another level.

Put it this way. I'd be surprised if she got to where she is by being a "good girl". We know all about Hooters, Playboy and Fox......but it's always what we don't know that provides the surprise.

Oh, well. He shouldn't have had that pic taken.....of course, if he knew he was going to become Senator he probably would not have.

It's interesting to look at the players:

1. The Victim - a person whose entire life was based on her body and displaying and parading it around - including completely naked. A person whose butt, breasts and every other part has been used so much that it's probably wearing down (not sure how badly silicone wears down).

2. The Perp - a comedian who, admittedly, often can't help himself (always thinking of what may be funny).

3. Fox News - An organization dedicated to the abuse or women and to the destruction of liberty in this country.

It makes me go "hmmmm" and want to be a fly on the wall in the Fox News meetings that happened before this.
If they do an investigation, I'd love to see her asked under oath about Allies and some of the others there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies