Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 04:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

And some claim Liberals are the mentally ill ones, me thinks this thread proves that Libs have no monopoly in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 05:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yes, but the "bad taste" is mocking religion and other targets they deem "safe." Mention one disemboweled kitten or one annoying neighbor you turned into pot roast, and they get their organically grown panties in a bunch.

And which point I'll start quoting from the Gnostic Gospels to shoe them away, and go back to wondering where on the internet I can go to order that authentic baby skull hood ornament I always wanted for my Honda Insight.
That's your small bubble world.

I know someone who is at the very end of the liberal spectrum for social justice and his jokes are crude, rude and disgusting. He would have laughed at your joke and raised you one.

And I know conservatives who owuld have been absolutely positively disgusted with you.

That' my small bubble world.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:27 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Well, aren't you just a charmer. Sounds like you do all you can to make the workplace pleasant and professional.

Not.

Tell me, what's the point of all this tasteless horror-storytelling? Just to creep out your fellow workers? Or do you have something to prove?

And...how much of what should be a full working day gets spent on such idiocy?
When I was young (1980's) there was a fad of telling dead baby jokes for a very short period of time. It seems very weird now.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:44 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
I work in a fine dining restaurant with a staff composed mostly of white, upper or middle class kids who are slacking off post and during college. The only difficult thing in life they've "seen" is the cancellation of "American Dad"

I don't have a single veteran working for me, and I would avoid those jokes in front of people like that
. However, if we should avoid topics because SOME people may be offended by them, our species would be rendered mute.

Think jokes about elephants and selfies are okay? Nope! This guys family is out there somewhere...even if he worked his way out of the human gene pool (which is for the best)

Man trampled to death after trying to take selfie with elephant | Metro News
You do realize that it's not necessary to have been a combat veteran to have lost a child or been traumatized by the death of a child, don't you? Are you absolutely sure no one around you has suffered such a loss?

You know, the cardinal rule of being a decent human being is to be kind.

Your behavior is not kind.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 11-17-2017 at 10:31 AM..

Old 11-17-2017, 09:47 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
You do realize dead baby jokes have been around for ages, right? There exist a thing called "dark humor"...mine might be as dark as the event horizon of a black hole, but still.

I'm a happy go lucky person most of the time and the teammates like me and no I always listen and have their backs. Almost everyone at my job likes me, and the few who didn't are mostly no longer there since I started. And a few of those workers haven't been seen by anyone and...on a completely unrelated note, I have to marinade something in my very large stove, and I have to get those fava beans started and open up that chianti and let it breath.

So you're posting here from your workplace. Does your employer know you're slacking off?

Old 11-17-2017, 09:53 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Can you give an example of the joke? My niece lost her 10 month old son a couple of years ago so if she worked for you and you were upsetting her with these jokes? You would have a real problem with my brother and me probably too.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:55 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
When I was young (1980's) there was a fad of telling dead baby jokes for a very short period of time. It seems very weird now.
I don't remember anyone telling dead baby jokes (wouldn't have thought a joke about a dead baby was funny because I had two miscarriages). Was that before or after the "leper" and "starving Ethiopian" fad? Printouts of jokes used to be passed around work every week, and there were always at least a half dozen of those. They were just gross, not very funny.

I'm old enough to remember the Polish joke craze. My uncle and his friends used to fire them off nonstop after they'd had a few.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:06 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
I love sharing hunting pics on FB. I'm sure it drives the LWNJs completely nuts.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:38 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I love sharing hunting pics on FB. I'm sure it drives the LWNJs completely nuts.
They are probably not among your friends or followers on FB, so that should never be an issue for you - or for them.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:23 AM

716 posts, read 393,524 times
Quote:
I am liberal for the most part (classic liberal, not Marxist/progressive) and I believe in equality of opportunity, if not of outcome. I am against sexism, racism, and homophobia...and I am also against censorship and people with then skins. Once upon a time people understood the difference between a little joke about stereotypes and actual bigotry. Now, thanks to "generation snowflake", blonde jokes are "sexist" and nearly as bad as rape, the occasional jibe at African American stereotypes are unacceptable, even if they come from African Americans themselves, and any off-color joke by a man will get him fired and/or possibly sued (but women, as always, have carte blanche to say and do whatever they want, with or without consent)

This is thanks to the cultural Marxists, or as they are more commonly known as today, the "social justice warriors." They use the pretense of fighting for equality to ban any speech they don't like. Anything even hinting at racial, sexual, etc is met with people losing their jobs, being sued, and even being attacked physically. There is even a campaign to get "racists" fired. As in if someone is a part of some group the social justice warriors (SJWs) don't like or just says something outside of their jobs that they do not like, the SJWs will harass their workplace until they get fired, even if the things they said or did to "trigger" them had nothing to do with their jobs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.337d656df329

But there is one little loophole in the SJW psychology. It happened at my job, where one of the millennial Marxists I work around reported me to HR. I'm a manager at a national wide restaurant, and she called HR on me over "harassment". What did the HR lady and my regional manager do? They laughed, told the girl who called them to shut up or work somewhere else (they sugar coated it a lot, but that was the main idea) and said that I should try to avoid that kind of humor.

What did I say? Was it sexual? Racial? anti-immigrant? No. It was the one form of speech that the psychology of the Cultural Marxist can't stand, but they can't do anything about: I was being morbid as hell.

That's right. I told a joke about a dead baby, and I was reported to HR by a Millennial who overheard...and HR did nothing. Why? Because being morbid is not hate speech or sexual harassment (if you find "sex" in a joke about a dead baby, your mind is even more twisted than mine, and that takes a lot)

Well, being that I don't take kindly to people trying to get me fired when they could have just said "hey, watch it with the sick humor, alright?", I did what any red blooded American would do: I quadrupled down on the morbid humor.

Most of my team members like it, but every SJW hated it...and there was nothing they could do about it. The girl who reported me eventually left (mostly for non-related issues) and the other SJWs on my job are in a perpetual state of dismay...and powerless to stop me.

I live in Seattle where I run into these Marxist scumbags on the street all the time. I recently started talking like a walking lyric sheet for a death metal album, and low and behold, they run away appalled...all the while knowing they can't do jack to stop me. On twitter, I've taken to replying to SJW tweets with youtube clips including scenes from the worst of the worst horror films ( that opening scene from "It" was beautiful! Not to mention highlights from "A Serbian Film") And they all cry, scream, and report me...and nothing comes of it. I'm still on twitter. Why? Because being gruesome is not "racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-lgbtqziou" or whatever else they rail against....but they still can't stand it.

This is the loophole in SJW psychology that can be exploited. None of them can stand gore or morbid talk, and it "triggers" them just as much as "bigotry".

And the best part is, when they cry about it...nobody will listen. You are not being a "racist, sexist, blah blah blah..." you're just being morbid, and SJWs never get a single sympathetic ear from the majority of the populace when they complain about that.

And if any SJWs have a problem with that, I will ask you if you heard the one about the dead baby and the bag of chips...
Wow, all that to describe your thrill and pleasure of finding a morbid 'loophole' that "triggers" SJW's as much as 'bigotry' does?!? You must be very proud in order to spread your discovery to your 'classic liberal' friends! Now that's putting our limited time on earth to some damn good practical use.

It's just so sad and frustrating that you actually need this or any loophole. After all, you should be able to actually be a 'racist, sexist, blah, blah..." without having to listen to SJWs "cry about it".

A 'classic liberal'?!? Yeah, you're a real class act...

Last edited by sd-bound; 11-17-2017 at 11:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies