Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 05:25 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times

Advertisements

I am really not sure why, all of a sudden, Dems are fair game for sexual harassment claims. In the past, only Republicans were.
Wonder of wonders, today, they were actually talking about Bill Clinton being less than honorable. What?!!
I feel like I’m in a parallel universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 05:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
In order to prevent the world taking ANOTHER look at his accusers ~ perhaps the kitty grabber in chief should stop tweeting about Al Franken.

It just reminds us of the 13 women who came forward and who Trump said he would sue after the election.

WHICH, of course, he has not and never will

Old 11-17-2017, 05:41 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,745,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I've been saying this pretty much since the Harvey Weinstein story broke and I've mostly been ignored, but I think it's been the goal since the very beginning. The Russian collusion story is taking too long to wield any real results so it is time to go to plan B. First comes Harvey, then comes a laundry list of Hollywood stars, then some state level congressmen, then some national level congressmen and then, at long last, Trump himself. Careers destroyed and precedents set but it's all just collateral damage.

You are already seeing people bringing up Trump stories that they haven't brought up since the election. "In the context of the recent allegations..." posts and articles are starting to pop up and you are going to start seeing more of it. All of it, every allegation, every career that's been halted in its tracks, every apology made and every reputation destroyed have all just been props used to set the stage for the final act, taking down Donald Trump.

I may be ignored or mocked or have my judgement questioned for saying this but in a few months time many people will be singing the same tune and it will seem obvious in retrospect.
You're precisely right. It's politically convenient to sacrifice Bill Clinton right now. Franken will get a pass because he's still valuable. This is all about trying to turn it into a Trump witch hunt. It didn't happen organically either. The left wing think tanks dream up the strategy, they essentially give the talking points to the liberal media and off to the twitter and the posting forums go the bots to interject every mention of sexual assault with "yeahbutTrump". It's ok, it's kind of entertaining. The second I see someone posting or tweeting "yeahbutTrump" I know they're regurgitating someone else's talking points and have nothing to offer themselves. It's like a slow, drunk throwing a hay-maker at you. You see it coming a mile away & it's not going to land.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:45 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,745,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I am really not sure why, all of a sudden, Dems are fair game for sexual harassment claims. In the past, only Republicans were.
Wonder of wonders, today, they were actually talking about Bill Clinton being less than honorable. What?!!
I feel like I’m in a parallel universe.
The left cared more about Hillary winning than the women Bill assaulted. Now that she lost though, they're desperate and think the only way to get Trump is via sexual allegations. They understand America doesn't take them seriously because of their decades of defending Bill Clinton. In order to get to Trump, they have to sacrifice Bill Clinton. Sorry Bill, by any means necessary. You're just collateral damage.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:50 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Oooh, the Russia investigation wasn't wrapped up in 12 weeks, must mean they can't find anything! Not.

There are new things coming out every single day that look extremely bad for this Administration. No need to distract from it, but we can't help if some men are pigs - that's clearly the most bipartisan thing about politics.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:51 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
In order to prevent the world taking ANOTHER look at his accusers ~ perhaps the kitty grabber in chief should stop tweeting about Al Franken.

It just reminds us of the 13 women who came forward and who Trump said he would sue after the election.

WHICH, of course, he has not and never will

Yeah I find it interesting how Trump ignores someone in is own party whose accused of sexual harassment yet it's all about A Franken. Those who voted for Trump don't care that their own president has admitted to these things.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:02 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
You're precisely right. It's politically convenient to sacrifice Bill Clinton right now. Franken will get a pass because he's still valuable. This is all about trying to turn it into a Trump witch hunt. It didn't happen organically either. The left wing think tanks dream up the strategy, they essentially give the talking points to the liberal media and off to the twitter and the posting forums go the bots to interject every mention of sexual assault with "yeahbutTrump". It's ok, it's kind of entertaining. The second I see someone posting or tweeting "yeahbutTrump" I know they're regurgitating someone else's talking points and have nothing to offer themselves. It's like a slow, drunk throwing a hay-maker at you. You see it coming a mile away & it's not going to land.
Yeah I thought they might throw Franken under the bus since he's from a dem state and would be replaced with another dem but it looks like they're going with the "he made a wonderful apology and his victim forgives him" angle and keeping him around. Oh and by the way republicans, don't think you can start throwing around apologies and expect to be forgiven. That's a trap! Don't fall for it. The dems(and the media) will say "well this situation is different so the apology is just an admission of guilt that can be used against him".

And yes it is easy to see the spoon fed talking points. Like actors reading a line from a script.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:16 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I know this might surprise the OP....but not everything is about Trump.
Unfortunately, it is for some. Following their leader, I guess...

Old 11-17-2017, 06:27 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
The OP is right it started some 40 years ago when the left went forward in time and saw that trump was going to be president. So they set him up and the rest of his party. It's all a conspiracy theory back in time...um forward... some where in time the liberal's set this all up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An3-hDVLGjw

Old 11-17-2017, 06:30 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
How much time each day do you sit around thinking like this...?

QUOTE=Uncle Bully;50159721]I've been saying this pretty much since the Harvey Weinstein story broke and I've mostly been ignored, but I think it's been the goal since the very beginning. The Russian collusion story is taking too long to wield any real results so it is time to go to plan B. First comes Harvey, then comes a laundry list of Hollywood stars, then some state level congressmen, then some national level congressmen and then, at long last, Trump himself. Careers destroyed and precedents set but it's all just collateral damage.

You are already seeing people bringing up Trump stories that they haven't brought up since the election. "In the context of the recent allegations..." posts and articles are starting to pop up and you are going to start seeing more of it. All of it, every allegation, every career that's been halted in its tracks, every apology made and every reputation destroyed have all just been props used to set the stage for the final act, taking down Donald Trump.

I may be ignored or mocked or have my judgement questioned for saying this but in a few months time many people will be singing the same tune and it will seem obvious in retrospect.[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies