Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 03:41 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times

Advertisements

I've been saying this pretty much since the Harvey Weinstein story broke and I've mostly been ignored, but I think it's been the goal since the very beginning. The Russian collusion story is taking too long to wield any real results so it is time to go to plan B. First comes Harvey, then comes a laundry list of Hollywood stars, then some state level congressmen, then some national level congressmen and then, at long last, Trump himself. Careers destroyed and precedents set but it's all just collateral damage.

You are already seeing people bringing up Trump stories that they haven't brought up since the election. "In the context of the recent allegations..." posts and articles are starting to pop up and you are going to start seeing more of it. All of it, every allegation, every career that's been halted in its tracks, every apology made and every reputation destroyed have all just been props used to set the stage for the final act, taking down Donald Trump.

I may be ignored or mocked or have my judgement questioned for saying this but in a few months time many people will be singing the same tune and it will seem obvious in retrospect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 03:57 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I've been saying this pretty much since the Harvey Weinstein story broke and I've mostly been ignored, but I think it's been the goal since the very beginning. The Russian collusion story is taking too long to wield any real results so it is time to go to plan B. First comes Harvey, then comes a laundry list of Hollywood stars, then some state level congressmen, then some national level congressmen and then, at long last, Trump himself. Careers destroyed and precedents set but it's all just collateral damage.

You are already seeing people bringing up Trump stories that they haven't brought up since the election. "In the context of the recent allegations..." posts and articles are starting to pop up and you are going to start seeing more of it. All of it, every allegation, every career that's been halted in its tracks, every apology made and every reputation destroyed have all just been props used to set the stage for the final act, taking down Donald Trump.

I may be ignored or mocked or have my judgement questioned for saying this but in a few months time many people will be singing the same tune and it will seem obvious in retrospect.
Why would anyone that had something to hide do this?
Trump's Tweet Condemning Al Franken Assault Allegations Backfires Spectacularly
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apo...085949308.html

He doesn't seem to be afraid.

I don't think he will be taken down by his sexual misdeeds, I think it will be something else. He got elected and everyone knew he was a sleaze.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:14 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
He'll be out in 2024, enjoy!

Old 11-17-2017, 04:43 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
He'll be out in 2024, enjoy!
LOL....touche!

Old 11-17-2017, 05:03 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
They already tried (mightily) to take him down with this prior to the election and it didn't stick.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this "me-too-gate" that's been unfolding the past few weeks. As a practical matter any younger guys with successful intentions should probably pay attention to all this and act accordingly.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:04 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
I know this might surprise the OP....but not everything is about Trump.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:06 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
No, just evidence of peak liberalism; eating their own.

It is a glorious failure.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:07 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle bully View Post
i've been saying this pretty much since the harvey weinstein story broke and i've mostly been ignored, but i think it's been the goal since the very beginning. The russian collusion story is taking too long to wield any real results so it is time to go to plan b. First comes harvey, then comes a laundry list of hollywood stars, then some state level congressmen, then some national level congressmen and then, at long last, trump himself. Careers destroyed and precedents set but it's all just collateral damage.

You are already seeing people bringing up trump stories that they haven't brought up since the election. "in the context of the recent allegations..." posts and articles are starting to pop up and you are going to start seeing more of it. All of it, every allegation, every career that's been halted in its tracks, every apology made and every reputation destroyed have all just been props used to set the stage for the final act, taking down donald trump.

i am content to let mueller be very correct in his investigation.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:13 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
No, just evidence of peak liberalism; eating their own.

It is a glorious failure.
I would say feminism to be more specific, but same thing basically.

They won't be happy until no man ever dares to even look at a woman, and then they'll complain about that.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:17 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,111 times
Not everything is about #45. Well, perhaps everything in his head is, but one would hope he is the only one in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies