Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 07:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
When tRump leaves the WH, it'll be for bigger crimes than his sexual predation.

But no doubt that will be one more nail in the coffin.

This reality show in DC just keeps getting better all the time. The best part is that it's ALL self-inflicted.

Can't wait for the next episode.

I put the blame on the general public, this kind of thing is nothing new, been going on for decades, its the public that continually allows it to happen. The founders gave us the right and duty to remove a govt from power if need be...if we fail to recognize when its time or do not act at all, cant blame anyone but ourselves at that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 08:05 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I'm not commenting either way on whether or not they will be successful in bringing him down, I'm just talking about where all this is leading. Russia collusion was supposed to bring him down, and although past performance is not always indicative of future results, it hasn't worked yet, and people are getting anxious. Just because there seems to be a plan B doesn't necessarily mean it will work.
Sorry, Uncle Bully, but this wave began on January 21, 2017 and has been growing ever since. Trump was the catalyst for women to finally rise up and say ENOUGH! That's the role he has played in what is happening right now. He shone a light on the good old boy culture of sexual harassment and abuse.

Blame Trump for what's happening to him now. His sexually predatory behavior is what got the ball rolling. It would be fitting if he was taken down by it. It's what we call just desserts.

But don't go writing off Mueller just yet. He could still beat the women to the White House door.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I put the blame on the general public, this kind of thing is nothing new, been going on for decades, its the public that continually allows it to happen. The founders gave us the right and duty to remove a govt from power if need be...if we fail to recognize when its time or do not act at all, cant blame anyone but ourselves at that point.
Stay tuned.

The tRump crumple is barely getting started.

Many exciting episodes to come!

Old 11-18-2017, 08:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Stay tuned.

The tRump crumple is barely getting started.

Many exciting episodes to come!

Getting one guy or one administration out is not going to solve the problem at this point.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Getting one guy or one administration out is not going to solve the problem at this point.

Neither will leaving them in place.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:44 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
We know the left has really been reaching trying to find something to pin on Trump, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another one of their hopes. I don't think anyone takes them seriously anymore. With nothing to really pin on Trump, they will continue to pick over the carcass leftovers from the campaign season.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:51 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We know the left has really been reaching trying to find something to pin on Trump, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another one of their hopes. I don't think anyone takes them seriously anymore. With nothing to really pin on Trump, they will continue to pick over the carcass leftovers from the campaign season.
Until proof is there, you are right. Then again the right did this with Clinton over Whitewater and then finally settled with him lying about receiving oral sex from that young intern.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:57 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Hillary was right, trumps fan base is deplorable.
Exactly! They are always making excuses for him.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:15 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
President Trump is impossible to defeat via scandals.
He's invincible.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I've been saying this pretty much since the Harvey Weinstein story broke and I've mostly been ignored, but I think it's been the goal since the very beginning. The Russian collusion story is taking too long to wield any real results so it is time to go to plan B. First comes Harvey, then comes a laundry list of Hollywood stars, then some state level congressmen, then some national level congressmen and then, at long last, Trump himself. Careers destroyed and precedents set but it's all just collateral damage.

You are already seeing people bringing up Trump stories that they haven't brought up since the election. "In the context of the recent allegations..." posts and articles are starting to pop up and you are going to start seeing more of it. All of it, every allegation, every career that's been halted in its tracks, every apology made and every reputation destroyed have all just been props used to set the stage for the final act, taking down Donald Trump.

I may be ignored or mocked or have my judgement questioned for saying this but in a few months time many people will be singing the same tune and it will seem obvious in retrospect.
You actually think the left would throw Hollywood under the bus? They give the left tons of free publicity.
No chance.

One thing about the left they are going after everyone who commits what they think is a sexual attack. Slight partisanship maybe but very little from what I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies