Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 03:50 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,881,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I can accept that.
I cannot accept years in prison for this kind of offence.
Agreed. The correct response is not imprisonment, it is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I would be fine with firing her and permanently taking away her teaching-license.

I am of the opinion that many teens are ready, willing and able to have sex. It might make parents and most of society very mad that many times these teens do have sex....but does that make this sex, rape, HUM?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Truthfully this teacher does not look all that great to me, but then again I'm hardly in high school any more. Back then I would have had an entirely different take. Bu that leads us to the core of it. Teachers and students just ain't ok.

Your wording of power dynamic and professional obligation hence is perfect. Willingness of the student not being relevant. I never encountered a teacher crush anywhere through school. There were some attractive lady teachers but none under 30. I can't say as any of them would have had it in them to have sex with any student.
She's not model material but she's sufficiently good looking (slim, reasonably pretty face) that not many single men of any post-puberty age would turn her down for a night. Doesn't really pertain at all to the violation of the teacher/student relationship but it does to whether or not the age difference is alarming because it removes the concern that coercion or manipulation may have been involved which would be a factor otherwise. Of course the legal system wouldn't cope well with having to determine on a case-by-case basis whether someone was attractive enough not to raise concern about the validity of consent, and if that concern was raised whether or not there existed the presence of coercion or manipulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 08:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So if an extremely hot, 22 year old male teacher was caught with a teenage girl, you would be okay with that?

Clearly, you do not understand the difference in boys and girls sex drives and who owns all the kitty.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:34 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,516 times
Wow the school allows female teachers to wear mini skirts? That would certainly be a huge distraction for every male in the class. Every straight guy in the class was probably hitting on her or flirting with her. Obviously she liked the attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M4_Ommfvv0

Old 11-19-2017, 10:53 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Wow the school allows female teachers to wear mini skirts? That would certainly be a huge distraction for every male in the class. Every straight guy in the class was probably hitting on her or flirting with her. Obviously she liked the attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M4_Ommfvv0
If she was my teacher, I'd be getting with her for extra credit or an A.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:55 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Interesting sticking up for female pedophiles what a sick worldview you must have.
I meant I was sticking up for the boys who were sleeping with their teachers because I didn't have any hot female teachers that I wanted to sleep with.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:19 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,945,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

The item that concerns me more is why is she teaching HS science at 22? Did she just get her BS six months earlier? She should be teaching K-5.
Not if her teaching certification is in Secondary Education. The grade level you teach is not based on how many years you have been teaching. It's based on whether you are certified in Elementary or Secondary Education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies