Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 04:59 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,346,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao....Whoever told you that is a complete ass. You can't stream HD video on dial up nor DSL. Hell, you can't stream video AT ALL on dial up.You need atleast 40MB or even higher. Anyway, you have no idea how any of this works. If your ISP is giving Netflix the same priority as everything else, something has to slow down, you can't cram 10lbs of potatoes into a 5lb bag. The ONLY reason you want NN is for censorship. If you truly believe that Netflix and other HD streaming sources don't use much bandwidth all I can do is point and laugh.
You don't need 40mbs for video. 10mbs is fine for a single stream
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,597 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Why don't you watch some of the videos and tell us where they support terrorist attacks or said they wanted gay people to die.
I think you missed my point.

Youtube inadvertently set their standards too high

Videos that reported on acts of terrorism, like for example, Phillip Defranco's video on Charlie Hebdo were demonetized and was not available on restricted mode in some cases deleted.

Not because they reported terrorist, but because terrorism was used as a catch all by Google/Youtube's filters after some companies like Coke and Ford got angry that videos supporting terrorism were having their ads play before them.

As for my second example, what I was saying is that Secular Talk(a liberal channel by the way) had its video taken completely down after they argued that Conservatives all wanted gay people dead. It was seen as inflammatory and for that reason, Youtube removed it.

Did you honestly not understand what I was saying or were you so eager to look for a fight that you didnt care ????

As for Pragar U itself, I have watched Pragar U and they are very guilty of generalizations about the left, and i would wager that much of what they say falls inside of what youtube defines as inflammatory. Same is true of Dave Rubin and one of his last guest Candace Owens(Red Pill Black).

Old 11-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,597 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao....It didn't before NN and it won't happen after in a big way. Companies like Netflix SHOULD pay to have their traffic carried since it uses more bandwidth than anything else. How is it fair that one companies content can hinder the other and you're ok with that? Bandwidth isn't made out of thin air. You do realize that everything you do right now is throttled in some way through QoS. It HAS to be, there isn't enough bandwidth to give everything 100%.
1. you can indeed stream on DSL, not sure why you think you cant. When I was living at my parents, Thats what I was using and it worked fine.

2. Paying for bandwidth is one thing, what an end to Net neutrality would do is put a premium on bandwidth or in some cases, slow down the speeds of other websites/services .

its like paying to pre order a video game. it only insures your place in line , that 14.99 pre order isnt going to make the game better,work fast, or get to your sooner.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:13 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,377,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
. I can't understand why these videos would be restricted other than they don't support Google's political bias.
You answered your own question. Google has a 'brand and diversity curation' team to manipulate search results to push their agenda and restrict or put videos they disagree with on page xxxx of search results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xepABu61OU4

Old 11-21-2017, 08:35 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,630,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I think you missed my point.

Youtube inadvertently set their standards too high

Videos that reported on acts of terrorism, like for example, Phillip Defranco's video on Charlie Hebdo were demonetized and was not available on restricted mode in some cases deleted.

Not because they reported terrorist, but because terrorism was used as a catch all by Google/Youtube's filters after some companies like Coke and Ford got angry that videos supporting terrorism were having their ads play before them.

As for my second example, what I was saying is that Secular Talk(a liberal channel by the way) had its video taken completely down after they argued that Conservatives all wanted gay people dead. It was seen as inflammatory and for that reason, Youtube removed it.

Did you honestly not understand what I was saying or were you so eager to look for a fight that you didnt care ????

As for Pragar U itself, I have watched Pragar U and they are very guilty of generalizations about the left, and i would wager that much of what they say falls inside of what youtube defines as inflammatory. Same is true of Dave Rubin and one of his last guest Candace Owens(Red Pill Black).
Funny you mention turncoat Dave Rubin. I liked him when he was part of The Young Turks, but then it's like he pulled a Dennis Miller and sold out to the Reich Wing. I lost the respect I had for him with that, and when he bashed his old show on Joe Rogan's podcast😒

Old 11-21-2017, 08:55 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,146,547 times
I'm reluctant to support censoring almost anything. Once it has begun it's an inherently slippery slope.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:29 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,957,833 times
What censorship?

I did a quick search for the first two allegedly banned videos on the list on and you can watch them just fine on Youtube (which is owned by Google). Sounds like fake news to me. No one is censoring anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkFQohIKNI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQCQ...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-21-2017, 09:30 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,102,861 times
It's a private company, they can do as they please. If you don't like the service, feel free to use another provider.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:06 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,751,944 times
The dems/libs don't like free speech when it's not aligned with their views. So they end up restricting or removing it. Kind of like what Nazi Germany did in the 1930s and what Joseph Stalin did in the 1950s.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:08 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,102,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
The dems/libs don't like free speech when it's not aligned with their views. So they end up restricting or removing it. Kind of like what Nazi Germany did in the 1930s and what Joseph Stalin did in the 1950s.
Maybe you should re-read the first amendment....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies