Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 11:00 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,627,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
EVERYTHING the left puts out is propaganda. You want to go down this road? Ok, shut all Leftist sites down now.
EVERYTHING the right puts out is propaganda. You want to go down this road? Ok, shut all Alt Right sites down now.

It goes both ways. No proceed to call me names and offer up nothing of significance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 11:02 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,760,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
You may call it educational, but the two videos that I viewed a while back (links provided by a CD member on the forum) were chock full of absolute fabrications - propaganda masquerading as truth.
Even if you are correct, that's no reason to censor a video. One man's propaganda is another man's truth.

I assume you are mature enough to not support censoring something just because you disagree with it.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Because Prager U is right wing propaganda, and some of their videos smear the left unfairly through strawman arguments
Even if you are correct that's not a valid reason to censor. People who are confident with their political views should welcome debate, not censor it.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Good to hear of corporations cracking down on fake news. Prager U sounds a bit like Trump U. Both are cons.
Sounds like you are not mature enough to handle debate and other people's views. Got it.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:05 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,427,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
We know that Google is a very powerful political player and fires employees who disagree with their politics. They can't handle political debate and opinions that disagree with theirs.
Not at all. They fire employees who break the rules set forth by Google, just like any other employer would.

That said, Prager U is full of BS and why anyone watches that channel is beyond me.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:08 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,427,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
No proceed to call me names and offer up nothing of significance.
Yeah, I blocked him a long time ago because of his constant attacks on people.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Not at all. They fire employees who break the rules set forth by Google, just like any other employer would.
They fired an employee for debating their diversity position. Google is a very political organization.

Quote:
That said, Prager U is full of BS and why anyone watches that channel is beyond me.
So you are not mature enough to debate people who disagree with you so you must censor them?

Old 11-21-2017, 11:09 AM

8,420 posts, read 7,427,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Even if you are correct, that's no reason to censor a video. One man's propaganda is another man's truth.

I assume you are mature enough to not support censoring something just because you disagree with it.
No, I don't like it when the government censors, but then Google is a privately held company and can decide what content it wants on its websites. Sort of like how City Data "censors" these forums, or at least that's the claim of malcontents.

You can still go and find the videos that were banned from You Tube, so technically they're not censored.

As for "one man's propaganda is another man's truth"...you're simply wrong about that.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:08 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
It is getting crazyville, on the amount of censorship happening now, that did not exist on these social media platforms, before the left lost this last Presidential election.

It is like an organized effort, to remove the people with different politics and point of view, cannot use the telephone anymore.... OOOps, I mean the internet, in an equal manner as those involved in group think.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:24 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,572,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
No, I don't like it when the government censors, but then Google is a privately held company and can decide what content it wants on its websites. Sort of like how City Data "censors" these forums, or at least that's the claim of malcontents.

You can still go and find the videos that were banned from You Tube, so technically they're not censored.

As for "one man's propaganda is another man's truth"...you're simply wrong about that.
Exactly. It is funny how Conservatives are all about companies rights to do things until it is something they care about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies