Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2017, 12:45 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Except for one thing. There is a big difference between being in a predominantly Black school in the ghettos of Baltimore and being in a middle class suburban area with alot of Blacks. Big difference. Even the amount of troublemakers in middle class Black areas can't compare to the ghetto.

For what it's worth, I went to a predominantly White high school. Teachers were having to deal with disruptions and fights in school. Guess what else my high school had? Alot of kids you might see on Jerry Springer. Big difference between being in a high school where most of the kids come from more heeled school districts and what I went to. I was in a school with alot of rednecks, drugs, and racial issues.
So true. Where my brother used to teach, the nastiest, unruliest kids were the spoiled, arrogant, affluent brats in the wealthiest, whitest district in the area! Those kids were monsters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 03:54 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No...
Yes...

Old 11-24-2017, 04:03 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The two clips are ridiculous. The one school with the black teacher has no kids reading at grade level. So his little dap thing isn't working.
But they are beating her up so it’s a success story! Stop being racist.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:03 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
No, you didn't get my point. The only time race is brought up in terms of school violence is if Blacks do it, at least here on the city-data forums. That is mostly what I get out of it.
Quote:
Notice I said CULTURE not race. Reading comprehension!!
"No, you didn't get my point"

you are correct.

Maybe because of your "writing abilities", or lack thereof.

"Notice I said CULTURE not race."

"CULTURE" is one of those "code" words us whites get accused of using by many blacks on this site.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:50 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
But, they don't want the Bible in their schools nowadays.
Under his eye.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:27 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
There are race-based "cultures".
And there are also environment based cultures and learned cultures.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"No, you didn't get my point"

you are correct.

Maybe because of your "writing abilities", or lack thereof.

"Notice I said CULTURE not race."

"CULTURE" is one of those "code" words us whites get accused of using by many blacks on this site.
Lack of writing abilities? More like issues with comprehending what I was writing. You were the one who said "no mention of race". I knew where you were going with that and I came up with a counter-argument. I didn't "miss" your point. My whole point was to dissect your point and offer my counterpoint. My point was that you don't hear about race when it comes to mass shootings at predominantly White schools. I figured you were out to say "they didn't mention race because they don't want to admit that Blacks are causing problems". I am saying in many cases, Black and White, race isn't always mentioned. In the case of these schools in the ghetto, we know this is a Rust Belt city in Pennsylvania. This is in the ghetto. Put two and two together and it's easy to figure out what the predominant race of kids are going to those schools.

Lack of writing abilities? More like lack of comprehending what I said.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
So true. Where my brother used to teach, the nastiest, unruliest kids were the spoiled, arrogant, affluent brats in the wealthiest, whitest district in the area! Those kids were monsters!
In my case, I wasn't in a wealthy school district. We had many middle class kids and some upper class kids. They often came from the newly built subdivisions. My high school also drew from areas with alot of rednecks, as well as hood rats. There was a liquor store, a sketchy apartment complex, cow pasture, really old houses, trailers, and a housing project within a 2 mile radius of my old high school.

The worst kids weren't necessary the most affluent. The worst kids were often the kids who were steeped in "ghetto culture" or "redneck culture". The kids who were bold enough to pick a fight with me IN a classroom were either "rednecks" or "hood rats". The school I went to is currently 66% White and 27% Black. When I was going there in the early 2000s, it was about 83% White and 14% Black. When I was going there it was considered the worst school in the county and it ranked kind of low over all.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:18 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Wow. Im 50 and it was always detention or suspension. No swats.
Swats were pretty common when I was going to school, but really only for the boys. The junior high my sister went to had a female teacher who would give swats, but I never had one at school. They obviously weren’t all that effective since people would choose it over the other punishment for convenience. It hurt, but the pain would go away pretty quickly, enough for the guys to tell stories about it and laugh. They don’t really do that much anymore as far as I know.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:11 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
71% of births in Iceland are to single mothers and it is one of the safest places in the world.

It also operates within a strong Nordic system of social welfare yet it has one of the lowest fertility rates in the world.

The poorest countries, with no safety net/ welfare, have the highest fertility rates.
Unless you have Down Syndrome, then they kill you in the womb in Iceland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies