Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 08:14 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of bad kids but there are some bad teachers too. My grandson was having problems in 4th grade, but only in one classroom. We talked to the teacher, she was a hateful B. Got him transferred to another teacher in the same subject, no more problems. Teacher had too much tenure to be fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 08:15 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
So am I the only person that actually read the article where they said teachers quit for several reasons and retirement. Not all of these teachers quit over "violence". A lot of people in here went straight into coded language about black people. The truth of the matter is lots of teachers aren't capable of capturing the attention of school age kids. They know how to print out a syllabus and print out packets but they don't know how to teach or inspire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF25FcRHkS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwDdxbuBnA

Old 11-21-2017, 08:21 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Them too. A lot of kids are raised by grandparents. But we were talking about single mothers, and the vast majority of single mothers are responsible.
not talking about grandparents taking care of the kids

you went after the fathers... all I asked was what about the negligent mothers

I (a male) was a single dad (son just recently Graduated with a double Masters)..........the egg donor was no where to be found, never got one cent from her, never got one piece of help from her

just leveling the playing field, instead of having you bash fathers

Old 11-21-2017, 08:27 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I agree. Their parents are probably just as unruly and violent, so the children learn by example. They see their mother screaming at some hapless fast food employee, they learn that it's okay to behave that way.
Yup, monkey see monkey do.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:29 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
71% of births in Iceland are to single mothers and it is one of the safest places in the world.

It also operates within a strong Nordic system of social welfare yet it has one of the lowest fertility rates in the world.

The poorest countries, with no safety net/ welfare, have the highest fertility rates.
Culture.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:29 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not talking about grandparents taking care of the kids

you went after the fathers... all I asked was what about the negligent mothers

I (a male) was a single dad (son just recently Graduated with a double Masters)..........the egg donor was no where to be found, never got one cent from her, never got one piece of help from her

just leveling the playing field, instead of having you bash fathers
There is no leveling. I know there are bad mothers and good fathers, but the reverse is more common still. I’m not really talking about people who get divorced or separated after the baby is born. I’m talking about the ones who never took responsibility at all, as far back as the pregnancy.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:31 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
71% of births in Iceland are to single mothers and it is one of the safest places in the world.

It also operates within a strong Nordic system of social welfare yet it has one of the lowest fertility rates in the world.

The poorest countries, with no safety net/ welfare, have the highest fertility rates.
You are confusing single parent families with unwed parents. Two completely different things. Your last statement comparing 3rd world countries to America is disingenuous too.

"It's common for Icelandic couples to welcome children years before they get married,or to never get married at all."

Plus a place with a population of 330,000 is your example? Living off of geothermal and hydropower, meaning not being dependant on oil and no military to speak of I should hope that they take care of their small population.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:35 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
I always find the blame on single mothers baffling...

I think people who do that have loved Little House on the Prairie too much. I don't think unruly children will be cured by their pops taking them out fishing.

Fredo was cured.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:44 PM

3,336 posts, read 2,140,399 times
The greater Harrisburg (and much of the immediately surrounding) area has become a cesspool over the past 30-some years as the unsavory elements bred and spread like a plague. We've been gone since the mid-2000's, and, going back to visit friends and family on occasion has become an experience in observing either hopelessness in formerly reasonable communities or self-imposed isolation in the fewer and fewer sectors still yet to be besmirched by the grasp of the aforementioned pox.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:02 PM

477 posts, read 276,712 times
Quote:
I always find the blame on single mothers baffling...
I don't.

Many, not all, but many single mothers are single mothers because they chose a mate poorly.

They looked for height, swag, muscles, social connections, or worse.

What do women like to say when a man ends up fleeced by a gold digger? "Ha ha! HE was thinking with his little head!"

There is no such societal-approved finger wagging at women who do the same, and there ought to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies