Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 06:16 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,374,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Trump voters made up a plurality of the electorate in 30 states last year. Probably not a good idea for Democrats to characterize such people as "complete idiots", if they want to win back Congress and other offices. Condescension didn't work for Hillary Clinton and the 10 red state Democratic senators running for re-election would be well advised to at least make an effort to meet the president halfway.

Moore certainly may have skeletons in his closet - but so do a lot of other politicians. A little research often reveals some very disturbing facts about our representatives in Washington. Realistically, the majority of Alabama voters approve of the president and have conservative values. They are not going to send a liberal Democrat to the Senate for three years, even when the Republican has some characteristics that outsiders consider flaws. Roy Moore is going to be taking Jeff Sessions' seat, who was likewise extremely conservative. McConnell has no more need to be embarrassed about Moore than Schumer does about Franken or anyone else in his conference.
Most of us outside the SJW mindset didn't vote for Trump so much as we voted against the Democratic Mafia and the Blue Cancer.

Johnson got my vote last time around; unless the Cult of the Braying Jackass splits into several factions, Trump will next time out of a simple recognition of the need for self-defense.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:17 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,627,095 times
I don't like roy moore, but from what I've seen there is nothing but a decades old allegation against him and no proof.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
You (all) are known by your fruits, and you have quite enough posts to prove to be a major Fruit loop.

Now carry on with your pre-melt, you have nothing of value to add.
Sounds very bibley. It's funny how Cons can use the bible to justify just about anything. Like comparing Roy Moore diddling a teen-age girl to Mary and Joseph.

I'll bet you cheered that right on, Bald.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
So it's OK to be a child molester as long as you're "conservative?"
That seems to be the theme from conservative posters. Very creative of them.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:24 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,716,635 times
It's OK to be a traitor.
It's OK to vote in states where you don't live.
It's OK to do drugs, have all kinds of sex (especially gay) - which you speak out against it to get elected.

And, as Sen. Vitter showed us, you can run around in diapers in houses of prostitution and get re-elected.

Yes, Conservatives will bring back all the good traditions this country was founded upon.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:43 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,356,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Politics "trumps" morality, dignity, and decency.

Roy Moore: Trump defends Alabama candidate in misconduct claims - BBC News
I believe he has only said, "Roy Moore denies it." Do you equate that with defending him? I think he is saying an allegation does not equal guilt, and he is right. There is not yet any proof of the allegations.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,356,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
His need for a vote on his awful tax policy is greater than his need to condemn a teenage predator. Not surprising, since Trump only cares about Trump and he is desperate for anything he can classify as a "win".
If I'm not mistaken, there has been no trial, and no proof that Moore is a "teenage predator." When did we get to the place in this country when allegations eliminate the need for a trial?

Old 11-21-2017, 06:46 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,977,389 times
Anyone else getting sick of this by now...........or is it just me?

Old 11-21-2017, 06:49 PM

3,185 posts, read 2,235,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah? Don't worry - they aren't all reading CD. With that out of the way ~ Trump won by a handful of votes in 3 swing states. Were I you ~ I'd probably stop gloating about the election as this point.

Most of America and the rest of the world (except Russia) thinks Trump is a huge dumpster-fire. And they are not wrong.

Speaking of condescension ~ you might want to check yourself on that one.

Don't hold your breath waiting on Democrats to meet the idiot Trump (as his own STAFF refers to him) halfway.

Oh ~ and it's cute how you refer to diddling a teen-ager as 'some characteristics that outsiders consider flaws'.

Does Alabama EVER tire of coming in 50th in everything? Let that sink in.
I'm not even a major fan of Trump and wouldn't vote for Moore if I was an Alabama resident. But I have enough respect for people in the state to choose the senator they prefer without being insulted. The state isn't the most well off in the nation statistically, but has a higher average income and standard of living than most First World countries that are greatly admired by cosmopolitan urbanites. It's not 50th in the country on most measures either and certain parts of the state are very prosperous.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:50 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,105,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If I'm not mistaken, there has been no trial, and no proof that Moore is a "teenage predator." When did we get to the place in this country when allegations eliminate the need for a trial?
ROY MOORE MET WIFE KAYLA WHEN SHE WAS A MINOR, AND HE WAS 30, AT A GIRLS’ DANCE RECITAL - Newsweek

Quote:
“Many years before, I had attended a dance recital at Gadsden State Junior College,” Moore wrote. “I remembered one of the special dances performed by a young woman whose first and last names began with the letter 'K.' It was something I had never forgotten. That eight-year timeframe would have meant that Moore was 29 and Kayla just 15 when they first met. However, Moore said that he was deputy district attorney at the time, a post he began a year later, in 1977.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies