Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 06:50 PM

10,491 posts, read 4,051,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Alabama gets to decide, not the Left. We are in a political war in the US. One side will win and the other will lose.
And that's a scary thought, because the democrats idea of winning is to just truck in a bunch of immigrants, tax the rich to pay for their votes, and the rich will just get tired and move somewhere else because they have money, and the middle class like me will be SOL and no one there to stand for us, because we aren't poor enough to buy off, but we aren't rich enough to fight back......

Old 11-21-2017, 06:53 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,102,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And that's a scary thought, because the democrats idea of winning is to just truck in a bunch of immigrants, tax the rich to pay for their votes, and the rich will just get tired and move somewhere else because they have money, and the middle class like me will be SOL and no one there to stand for us, because we aren't poor enough to buy off, but we aren't rich enough to fight back......
So I guess it's better that the Republicans are importing a bunch of immigrants to fill H1-B Visas and taxing the lower and middle-class (who aren't rich enough to fight back) to buy off the rich?

Old 11-21-2017, 06:55 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
"Well, he denies. I mean, he denies. I mean, Roy Moore denies it. And by the way, it is a total denial."

Trump all but endorses Roy Moore - CNNPolitics

so a total denial is better than a half or partial denial?
If he denied it, it must not have happened. Moore has no reason to lie

Old 11-21-2017, 07:00 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,591,520 times
Jeff Flake is right. If the Republicans become the party of Trump and Moore we are toast. Either that, or all of America is toast.

Assuming he wins, if you don’t think the Democrats will hang Roy Moore around the neck of every Republican candidate that failed to condemn him, you haven’t been paying attention. This will haunt the party for years and would seriously shake my belief in their priorities.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Politics "trumps" morality, dignity, and decency.

Roy Moore: Trump defends Alabama candidate in misconduct claims - BBC News

LOL! He is defending the Republican party, from Democrat lies. The same lies played upon "The Donald" right before election day, in the same manner.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:06 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,461,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If I'm not mistaken, there has been no trial, and no proof that Moore is a "teenage predator." When did we get to the place in this country when allegations eliminate the need for a trial?
So I guess all those chants to lock Hillary up were just in jest? She’s never been put on trial, didn’t stop Trump lemmings from chanting. Seven congressional hearings with nothing able to be found guilty of, but still calls to lock her up. No double standard at all right?

Old 11-21-2017, 07:08 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,496,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I'm not even a major fan of Trump and wouldn't vote for Moore if I was an Alabama resident. But I have enough respect for people in the state to choose the senator they prefer without being insulted. The state isn't the most well off in the nation statistically, but has a higher average income and standard of living than most First World countries that are greatly admired by cosmopolitan urbanites. It's not 50th in the country on most measures either and certain parts of the state are very prosperous.
No, it's not 50th, but 47th or 48th in practically everything else! But I suppose the Forest Trumps of Alabama think Moore can do no wrong. Stupid is, as stupid does!

Old 11-21-2017, 07:08 PM

23,570 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Politics "trumps" morality, dignity, and decency.

Roy Moore: Trump defends Alabama candidate in misconduct claims - BBC News
Trump did not defend roy moore.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:10 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,404,541 times
I don't know the words to describe the posts of those that write that they would sooner vote for a child rapist to represent their state than a Democrat. Pathetic, appalling, sad, monstrous...what kind of hatred do you have for the opposing party that makes you want to support a molester?

After reading these posts I think the decent among us will head for the showers.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:11 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
I didn't hear Trump 'defend' Moore. He just said Moore totally denied the charges. Compare Moore to all the other Dems who admitted their wrongdoings when exposed over the past two days. More to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies