Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 01:39 PM

45,706 posts, read 27,325,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What I don't see is HOW continuing a 16 year old war is wise while we essentially kiss the ass of corporations like McKesson who are every bit as responsible for the current opioid problem in America as poppy growers in Afghanistan are. If the poppy growers had as strong ($$$) a lobby as BigPharma you could safely bet dollars to donuts their farms would go unmolested as long as their checks cleared.

And in HOW many of our asinine wars of choice have we heard glowing reports from generals about just how great things were going, only to learn later it was all PR BS? Screw Afghanistan, there's Americans who need help too.
There are reasons to finish it out.

You are right in that corporations here should be accountable for their actions. Hopefully that's coming.

Yeah Americans need help - but their are entities outside of government that can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 01:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,318,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Don't listen to him, Prez;
You're doing a great job while minimizing the risk to American people.
We all understand that without money these terrorist groups amount to nothing but a bunch of disgruntled beggars sitting around campfires in the desert, and that's good for America - every bit as good as arresting a well equipped terrorist in Time Square.
We are the ones that equip them.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:41 PM

28,697 posts, read 18,866,242 times
I remember when we started bombing the north Vietnamese levees to destroy the country's rice production and thus starve them both literally and economically.

And that is how we won the Vietnam War.

Oh...wait.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:42 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,520,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Don't listen to him, Prez;
You're doing a great job while minimizing the risk to American people.
We all understand that without money these terrorist groups amount to nothing but a bunch of disgruntled beggars sitting around campfires in the desert, and that's good for America - every bit as good as arresting a well equipped terrorist in Time Square.

We know that with the new tax schedules and the New America that attracts businesses from all over the world, We The People will be able to feed and house ourselves and in doing so will have pride of our own accomplishments instead of becoming helpless beggars living in our government provided homes.

Best Regards,
Listener

PS: Will you give Suburban Guy a new crystal ball for Christmas? The one he has ain't working.

I predict you'll be crying WARRANTY! for your own crystal ball in the not too distant future.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:48 PM

25,637 posts, read 17,379,102 times
Quote:
I predict you'll be crying WARRANTY! for your own crystal ball in the not too distant future.
Oh, God! A prediction!
Wait. Let me look back and see your predictions from Nov, 2016........

(time passes)

'S OK. I'm good.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:49 PM

13,310 posts, read 7,889,396 times
The whole middle east should be opoided with powder, and packets, relentlessly.

The pipeline from Afghanistan can be protected by air power.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:51 PM

12,046 posts, read 6,597,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So Trump is concerned more about his PR than in eradicating the fields?
I have no idea what Trump is actually thinking on this. I think they should do both -- burn the fields AND destroy the labs -- double whammy to the Taliban drug cartel.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:54 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,710,233 times
You mean we are going to have to go back to Mexican and columbia H and opiate pills - which are bring produced by the 100's of millions? Not much of the current supply in he USA is from Afghanistan and the percentage of it we are likely to touch is small.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,318,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I have no idea what Trump is actually thinking on this. I think they should do both -- burn the fields AND destroy the labs -- double whammy to the Taliban drug cartel.
The most dangerous person is the one with nothing left to lose. (there is a much bigger point here)

Old 12-18-2017, 03:01 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,710,233 times
Quote:
He IS the one to first dispatch combat troops to S Vietnam.

Until I see a Pentagon history of the Vietnam War saying it started prior to 1965, there's no other answer.
Ah, part of the truth.....which goes by the name "propoganda". JFK expressed reservations when they wanted to expand over a couple thousand. Of course, we all know that the Military Industrial Complex was the biggest lobbyist for that war (and many others)...

"A pivotal period of U.S. involvement in Vietnam, punctuated by three important events: the overthrow and assassination of South Vietnam’s president Ngo Dinh Diem; President Kennedy’s decision on October 2 to begin the withdrawal of U.S. forces; and his assassination fifty days later. "

"on November 12, Kennedy publicly restated his Vietnam goals. They were “to intensify the struggle” and “to bring Americans out of there.” Victory, which had figured prominently in a similar statement on September 12, was no longer on the list."

JFK lived during the Vietnam Era - but in no way was responsible for the debacle and millions killed:

"The role of the United States in the Vietnam War began after World War II and escalated into full commitment during the Vietnam War from 1955 to 1975. The U.S. involvement in South Vietnam stemmed from 20 long years of political and economic action."

"November 1, 1955 — President Eisenhower deploys the Military Assistance Advisory Group to train the Army of the Republic of Vietnam. This marks the official beginning of American involvement in the war as recognized by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial"

I like IKE, bug he marks the beginning - although he was just following the Domino theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies