Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 10:19 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times

Advertisements

this calls for a special counsel.

How #piegate is the latest example of the Trump administration's credibility being called into question - LA Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 01:00 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
It's the LA Times "nufff said!

Old 11-26-2017, 01:33 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
It's an amusing story, but it does have some serious underpinnings.

It's basically a reaction to an unbearable situation where you have a person who is supposed to be a conduit of information to the American people, yet seems to lie and evade on an unprecedented scale. (Worse than in Nixon's time? Perhaps someone can make an informed comparison.) It's also yet another instance where she tries to distract journalists with PR trivia, which makes it all the more amusing if it's a lie. And it reminds us, more seriously, that she represents a president who lies on an unprecedented scale, about everything, whether important or not - even about his own height.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It's an amusing story, but it does have some serious underpinnings.

It's basically a reaction to an unbearable situation where you have a person who is supposed to be a conduit of information to the American people, yet seems to lie and evade on an unprecedented scale. (Worse than in Nixon's time? Perhaps someone can make an informed comparison.) It's also yet another instance where she tries to distract journalists with PR trivia, which makes it all the more amusing if it's a lie. And it reminds us, more seriously, that she represents a president who lies on an unprecedented scale, about everything, whether important or not - even about his own height.
Well as the previous president told me if I liked my healthcare plan I could keep it I have a bit of trouble that this president's so-called lies are unprecedented. It also seems like the journalists' are behaving like dopes ... they could refuse to be distracted and write about something of more substance. How about the uranium deal?

Old 11-26-2017, 01:45 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
It's a homemade PIE for heaven's sake.
It's not a Political statement - the Looney Leftists can help but point out their Looneyness with even a Thanksgiving Day Pecan Pie. They are so far Left, they fell off the cliff years ago and are beyond any recovery.

#OutRage-of-the-Day is now Homemade Pie

Old 11-26-2017, 01:45 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well as the previous president told me if I liked my healthcare plan I could keep it I have a bit of trouble that this president's so-called lies are unprecedented. It also seems like the journalists' are behaving like dopes ... they could refuse to be distracted and write about something of more substance. How about the uranium deal?
Oh it Hillary's fault. Oh no, it's Obama's fault. Trumpette Kool-Aid is spiked. Trump's lies are already notorious in his first year. How many coal miners are back to work yet? When did Time tell him he would be Person of the Year?

Old 11-26-2017, 01:46 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Piegate? Is this from The Onion?

Old 11-26-2017, 01:48 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
You're right. All the Libs can do is chant "He's a liar" over and over. Having experienced a truly transparent administration in Trump, they must realize now how they were duped by Clinton and then Obama.
But maybe not.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:53 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Excuse me, but you must either be very young, very naïve, or very ignorant if you think that every plan will work out exactly as hoped. And you must be very narrow, intolerant and accusatory if you brand are so quick to brand as lies, everything that doesn't play out precisely as planned. This was an enormous program to roll out, something that had been attempted by many predecessors, and Obama was the first to get anything through. No program will be perfect for everyone, but it benefitted far more people than it disadvantaged.

And although you may have had the relatively minor annoyance with your personal medical care, were you proportionately more indignant and quicker to brand as "lies" the Bush promise that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and the war in Iraq wouldn't cost us anything? Those "lies" created death for thousands and chaos for millions.

And, I should add, by "unprecedented," I was referring to the ever increasing number of lies. I'm attaching examples of lists of Trump's lies. Feel free to counter with anything similar for Obama.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...umps-lies.html

https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeor...rN#.ss25bAqYoJ

Old 11-26-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Piegate? Is this from The Onion?
I can assure, it is not. Now for the burning question, did she bake that pie or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies