Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 01:13 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
But a 14-year-old is not, and one of the accusers was 14 at the time of the incident.

And as I said in the Moore thread, you're defending a sleazebag on a technicality. I mean, if the guy was maybe 22 or 23 and he was making moves on 16 and 17 year olds, I could see that's not that big a deal. But Moore was in his early 30's. Heck, if he was making moves on 21 or 22 year olds it wouldn't be a big deal. But a 32-year-old guy making moves (mostly, if not entirely, uninvited) on 14-17 year olds is sleazy.
No, if you're of legal age to consent, then what does it matter if the other party is 23 or 53? Would it make a difference if the women were 18 years old, a difference of one year from 17? And who says Moore was making moves on a 14 year old? This is what I mean about he said, she said allegations. Moore denies that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 05:11 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
No, if you're of legal age to consent, then what does it matter if the other party is 23 or 53? Would it make a difference if the women were 18 years old, a difference of one year from 17? And who says Moore was making moves on a 14 year old? This is what I mean about he said, she said allegations. Moore denies that.
I agree. I have seen many people calling him a pedophile, but they do not realize what that term even means, they just throw it around because they have heard others using it. 'pedophile' does not apply when its a 14 yr old and an adult of any age, that is actually Edpephile (spelling?).

Not to mention, really theres not much difference between a 14 and 16 yr old anyway.

I also agree about the allegation part, far too many people today automatically convict once they hear media or someone from law enforcement make an allegation. I do not think it got this way by coincidence either, its almost as it people have become victims of mass brainwashing/ conditioning.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:56 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Damn, I am sick of this crap.

Clinton has been out of office for almost 20 years. He will never hold office again. And, for the record, I think he was a sleaze when it came to his behavior with women. So...is that a good excuse to let it continue? Really? "Your guy got a pass, so mine gets one, too?"

The only thing that train of thought is going to do is make sure nothing ever changes.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:53 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
How about when lying rightists claim "changing times" leads them to condemn Clinton and Franken while they defend Moore.
link to this alleged claim?

Old 11-28-2017, 10:03 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
You'd think "changing times" would apply more to the time the alleged incident took place rather than the time the outrage was happening in.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:59 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Exactly. And the zoom feature is a good thing, too. Then there's the pesky fact that crusty crone Joy Behar doesn't even care that he did the same thing to her.

But it's back to work for Franken and, as usual, NO DEMOCRATS are calling for him to step down. After all, he's good enough, he's smart enough, and, doggone it, people like him!

Joy Behar is just as guilty of groping as Franken is. There is a picture of her grabbing Robin Williams crotch floating around. What makes me angry is that she sits there and dogs on these men who have done it and calls them out and she is just as guilty.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...mps_grabem_by/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies