Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 06:31 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times

Advertisements

I can't believe that Kirsten Gilibrand and Nancy Pelosi had the gall to claim that "changing times" and understanding of sexual harassment and assault led them to condemn Moore and others accused of sexual misconduct today, all while they stood behind Bill "the Creep" Clinton years ago (think Paula Jones). What a crock of **** that is. These same liars had no problem believing Anita Hill and trying to sabotage Clarence Thomas' appointment to the Supreme Court. That was all "back then," too. And this is despite the fact that Hill's claims had so many holes in them that its not even funny. What a disgrace the left is. Of course, the left's MSM defenders won't call them out on this, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 06:32 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
How about when lying rightists claim "changing times" leads them to condemn Clinton and Franken while they defend Moore.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
How about when lying rightists claim "changing times" leads them to condemn Clinton and Franken while they defend Moore.
Except that no right winger is claiming changing times about anything. Moreover, Clinton PAID almost $1 million to settle a sexual assault case against him (Paula Jones) and Al Franken is photographed sexually molesting a SLEEPING WOMAN. Also, note, most establishment Republicans are calling for Moore to step aside and stating that they believe his accusers. At the end of the day, however, Moore is only accused of wrongdoing. Nice try, but try again.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:37 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Does it matter? If it was wrong then as per your argument, then its even more wrong now. Quit deflecting.

And please. The Clinton Clinton Clinton nonsense is old. Should we follow up with Trump grabbing them by the xxxxxx? And even then....folks voted for him. I doubt Mr Clinton could be elected today.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:38 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Except that no right winger is claiming changing times about anything. Moreover, Clinton PAID almost $1 million to settle a sexual assault case against him (Paula Jones) and Al Franken is photographed sexually molesting a SLEEPING WOMAN. Nice try, but try again.
This is the photo below. The shadows under Franken’s hands meant he wasn’t really touching Tweeden’s chest, which kind of undercuts your assertion that he was sexually molesting, which requires actual physical contact.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Except that no right winger is claiming changing times about anything.
Oh please, spare me. The Moore thread is filled with rightists claiming that things were different back in the 70's and thus Moore's behavior was more or less 'normal' for the time. If you're not aware of that then you haven't spent any time looking through the Moore thread.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Oh please, spare me. The Moore thread is filled with rightists claiming that things were different back in the 70's and thus Moore's behavior was more or less 'normal' for the time. If you're not aware of that then you haven't spent any time looking through the Moore thread.
We're not talking about some random internet poster in an online forum. I'm talking about people with actual influence. Still, I'd like to see such postings as, no, I haven't come across them.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Does it matter? If it was wrong then as per your argument, then its even more wrong now. Quit deflecting.

And please. The Clinton Clinton Clinton nonsense is old. Should we follow up with Trump grabbing them by the xxxxxx? And even then....folks voted for him. I doubt Mr Clinton could be elected today.
Huh? The problem is the hypocrisy. I am not willing to convict someone in the court of public opinion based on mere allegations. Never have been, never will be. The left, however, has no problem calling for Republicans to resign or quit a race based on allegations, alone, while going out of their way to temper their criticism of leftists accused of similar behavior (think Conyers and Franken). Moreover, Clinton PAID to settle sexual assault claims against him and Franken is caught on camera molesting a sleeping women. They simply aren't accused of wrongdoing.

As for President Trump, I see that I have to repost what I've written in the past on this issue, as many a leftist seems to lack a grasp of the English language if they believe his statements constitute sexual assault

Quote:
No, if you put it in context, you cannot exclude the "they let" part, which shows consent and motive/gives different meaning to the larger statement. They cannot be separated. Nice try. Ultimately, you may choose to give a meaning that is distinct and separate from the actual verbiage of Trump's statement, but that's all you and other leftists have. You cannot point to the actual language to support. Prior to stating "they let you do it," he states "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait." You, like most rabid, anti Trump folks, behave as if he is describing sexual assault (the "they let you" comment put aside for a second) when this is common practice among consenting adults. If out for a date or in a room where sexual tensions are running high, who in the world, man or woman, doesn't move in for the kiss if the mood/vibe is there? You choose to assign non-consensual activity to language that is not automatically that, which is a shame. Unlike how certain loony leftists want the world of consent to function where every sexual action has to be verbally consented to (never mind that non verbal cues play a huge role in consent) that's not how things work or should work. You claim that Trump's statements show that he doesn't wait for signals, when in reality they don't touch on that subject one way or the other (we do, of course, have the "they let you" consenting comment). But instead of questioning whether he did wait for signals, you automatically make the comments out to be nonconsensual, which shows your partisan stripes.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
This is the photo below. The shadows under Franken’s hands meant he wasn’t really touching Tweeden’s chest, which kind of undercuts your assertion that he was sexually molesting, which requires actual physical contact.
Oh, please. If you look, his fingertips are clearly touching Tweeden's chest, but nice try. There is no space between that creep's fingertips and Tweeden's chest. That he wasn't engaged in a full hand grasp/assault of Tweeden's breasts doesn't make what he did any less of an assault. Let's get real. Stop defending this creep's sexual assault of a sleeping, defenseless woman.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:50 PM

There were something like a dozen women who claimed Trump groped or kissed them without their consent, so your defense is rather weak. Just because Trump said, "They let you do it" does not mean they really did, he just might think they were letting him do it. The fact they later complained before the election would indicate he was, indeed, imagining things.

FWIW Franken and Conyers can go and it would be fine with me. The fewer sleazebags on Capitol Hill, the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies